"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 26/12/2019 at 11:33, Snafu said:

Any clues to who we will be bringing in when the window opens?

@Caley Shaun

You took the bait so I'll obey 😂

Keanu Marsh-Brown

Troy Brown and Cammy Smith (Utd) 

Kemy Agustien (as mentioned above) 

Chris Kane (St J) 

Harry Cochrane (Hearts) 

Osman Sow (Utd, currently on loan at Kilmarnock)

Anton Dowds (East Fife) 

Liam Henderson (Edinburgh City). 

Believe that and your as thick as hell 😂😂😂

Edited by Caley Shaun

On 29/12/2019 at 01:20, Highland Capital said:

We really really really really need a battling midfielder.  I'd hate to be one of those fans who looks backwards all the time, but would Draper come back?  I noticed he wasn't in the last County squad (unless he's injured?).

I think he's injured.

Someone who knows about these things told me a few years ago when the transfer was going through that Draper has progressive injury problems and will likely face consistent absences for the rest of his playing career.  Not sure how true it is as you'd imagine he'd have been assessed before signing for County.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I think he's injured.

Someone who knows about these things told me a few years ago when the transfer was going through that Draper has progressive injury problems and will likely face consistent absences for the rest of his playing career.  Not sure how true it is as you'd imagine he'd have been assessed before signing for County.

The broken knee cap against your lot last season has taken a fair while to recover from. 

A loan deal may be beneficial to all concerned though. 

McHattie is the new Lewis Horner or David Proctor. Plonked into many positions but the master of none. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Harper so far. I’d rather see him get a chance with us. Considering our squad is fairly small, that chance will surely come.

28 minutes ago, Cheese Puff 77 said:

He was reportedly linked with us at Albion Rovers also. Was checking if there was any mention of him in your thread as it was mentioned a move to you fell through. 

Think it's just a boy going about trolling, mate. He's been mentioned in quite a few threads. 

We are about to offer Shaun Rooney a PCA according to the courier. Apart from dominating us at least twice, what's he like in general?

Massively improved this season. A proper attacking right wing back who rampages up and down the flank. I’d like him to stay.

Probably yes to both. If PCA's are agreed (as suggested in the media) I expect we'd settle for a 5 figure sum for each and let them go now. Both Dundee & RC have the cash so wouldn't be surprised to see both exit this week.  It'll free up wages for loan(s) and help reduce some of our debts by having the payments rather than gamble they leave for free in summer and we dont get out of the Championship.

6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Hearing more rumours of Donaldson signing for us, any truth in it do you think?

He wanted to leave for you last summer so a move has always been on the cards. I see there is Twitter chat about it today. As above if a PCA has been made I suspect County will try and get him to move in January and we will accept some cash for the guy so we can try and get a replacement in.

This is probably our best / last chance to get promoted for some time. Robbo has done really well to get a decent squad assembled and now it's all going to get pulled apart.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are about to offer Shaun Rooney a PCA according to the courier. Apart from dominating us at least twice, what's he like in general?

Very good attacking full-back but isn’t a great defender. Would like him to stay but he can be replaced IMO.

12 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Hearing more rumours of Donaldson signing for us, any truth in it do you think?

Yes, has been for a while. If we had to lose a CB, I’d lose him and keep McCart though.

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Probably yes to both. If PCA's are agreed (as suggested in the media) I expect we'd settle for a 5 figure sum for each and let them go now. Both Dundee & RC have the cash so wouldn't be surprised to see both exit this week.  It'll free up wages for loan(s) and help reduce some of our debts by having the payments rather than gamble they leave for free in summer and we dont get out of the Championship.

We don’t have any debt, but yes I’m sure we’d like to get a fee for him to help funds.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

He wanted to leave for you last summer so a move has always been on the cards. I see there is Twitter chat about it today. As above if a PCA has been made I suspect County will try and get him to move in January and we will accept some cash for the guy so we can try and get a replacement in.

This is probably our best / last chance to get promoted for some time. Robbo has done really well to get a decent squad assembled and now it's all going to get pulled apart.

Looks like it’s going to happen. Praying we get a decent replacement because we can’t be going into the second part of the season with Brad McKay as a regular.

Edited by Sir Tarmo Kink