"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

It’s quite hilarious how fans of Dunfermline and Queen of the South are now experts on our financial situation after reading an innacurate Daily Mail article falsely claiming we’re about to go into administration. Yes, that’s fans of Dunfermline, best known for financially doping in the 2000s and nearly disappearing altogether, and Queen of the South, a club held together in all ways possible by a rich businessman paying the wages of Stephen Dobbie. Fair enough the gold-plated caravan dwellers across the bridge having a laugh, but the fans of these diddy outfits can get firmly back in their boxes.

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

It's worth bearing in mind that the Ayr United pro-youth system is run by Ayr United Football Academy, which is a separate organisation.

I know that, but it doesnt explain how they fund it. Unless its major  grant funding.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

It’s quite hilarious how fans of Dunfermline and Queen of the South are now experts on our financial situation after reading an innacurate Daily Mail article falsely claiming we’re about to go into administration. Yes, that’s fans of Dunfermline, best known for financially doping in the 2000s and nearly disappearing altogether, and Queen of the South, a club held together in all ways possible by a rich businessman paying the wages of Stephen Dobbie. Fair enough the gold-plated caravan dwellers across the bridge having a laugh, but the fans of these diddy outfits can get firmly back in their boxes.

Get over yourself. I havent commented on your financial position. I joined the thread to pick Craig up for remarks about the sustainability of Project Brave.

And thats at least the 2nd time you have repeated the nonsense that Dobbie's wages are funded externally because you once saw somebody speculate it might be the case on P&B and took it as read it was gospel.

You are the King of clueless on this thread. 🤡

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I'm genuinely astonished at some of these posts/ opinions of ICT fans.

We really need to break this down to basics. At the start of every season, usually boards set a budget for the manager that they can afford. Kenny Cameron - who apparently is at fault for this years budget being completely unsustainable, resigned as chairman post relegation in 2017. This means this is the third budget that has been set by a new chairman/ board, and it's the third one to make a large loss? I can fully understand previous debts being previous chairmans fault, and it sounds a total shambles the contracts that were chucked about, but we're not talking about debts here or contracts from 3/4 years ago are we?

Kenny Cameron is an irrelevance to any discussion about the budget for this season/ the current problems unless a - there is a large debt he left with interest being paid on it or b - players are somehow still here that were signed on big money or are still being paid off in the background. He also didn't set a budget for the year which see's you somehow need 250k to get through to end of the season. Who miscalculated that so badly, and why are they not being given a seriously hard time? If our chairman got our budget/ outgoings so drastically wrong I'd be pretty pissed off to say the least.

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

We have used youth, £485,000 this year was invested into our youth in the hope it would dig us out of this hole and we have routinely let go our highest earners but as I’ve stated, it’s simply impossible for us to cut those losses while we’re in the Championship. Only a huge investment (like Ross County) or going part-time would help eliminate the losses that Cameron left us with. Our squad budget has already been cut several times since our relegation. The signing of James Keatings isn’t making a huge difference to our situation either.

Some of this is quite incredible stuff. Kenny Cameron didn't decide the club should invest 485k this year in the youth team. He left his position in 2017 - over 2 years ago now. I guess you might be somehow getting losses and debts mixed up? :blink:

The last part is frankly Rangers 2012 levels of shite. Remember when they tried to sign Daniel Cousin weeks prior to going into admin, and there was a load of 'it's only X per week, not making a huge difference'?.

Having a 'ach we're fucked anyway so lets just spunk even more cash and chuck half a mil at the youths in the hope that works out' is maybe, maybe why you're making losses year upon year?!

Happy to be corrected here if there's something I'm massively missing? :unsure:

Edited by SimonLichtie

Get over yourself. I havent commented on your financial position. I joined the thread to pick Craig up for remarks about the sustainability of Project Brave.
And thats at least the 2nd time you have repeated the nonsense that Dobbie's wages are funded externally because you once saw somebody speculate it might be the case on P&B and took it as read it was gospel.
You are the King of clueless on this thread. 🤡

It’s not the second time I’ve mentioned it and I wasn’t having a dig at you, I was having a dig at another two Queens fans on a different thread who were commenting.

How are Dobbie’s wages funded then? Is it ‘sustainably’ through Queen of the South FC?

I'm genuinely astonished at some of these posts/ opinions of ICT fans.
We really need to break this down to basics. At the start of every season, usually boards set a budget for the manager that they can afford. Kenny Cameron - who apparently is at fault for this years budget being completely unsustainable, resigned as chairman post relegation in 2017. This means this is the third budget that has been set by a new chairman/ board, and it's the third one to make a large loss? I can fully understand previous debts being previous chairmans fault, and it sounds a total shambles the contracts that were chucked about, but we're not talking about debts here or contracts from 3/4 years ago are we?
Kenny Cameron is an irrelevance to any discussion about the budget for this season/ the current problems unless a - there is a large debt he left with interest being paid on it or b - players are somehow still here that were signed on big money or are still being paid off in the background. He also didn't set a budget for the year which see's you somehow need 250k to get through to end of the season. Who miscalculated that so badly, and why are they not being given a seriously hard time? If our chairman got our budget/ outgoings so drastically wrong I'd be pretty pissed off to say the least.
Some of this is quite incredible stuff. Kenny Cameron didn't decide the club should invest 485k this year in the youth team. He left his position in 2017 - over 2 years ago now. I guess you might be somehow getting losses and debts mixed up? :blink:
The last part is frankly Rangers 2012 levels of shite. Remember when they tried to sign Daniel Cousin weeks prior to going into admin, and there was a load of 'it's only X per week, not making a huge difference'?.
Having a 'ach we're fucked anyway so lets just spunk even more cash and chuck half a mil at the youths in the hope that works out' is maybe, maybe why you're making losses year upon year?!

Considering we are (or at least were until very recently) still paying Richie Foran, appointed by Kenny Cameron, a very long and expensive contract, I’d suggest he still has a fair bit to do with it. We also were still paying a load of high earners from the Kenny Cameron era as recently as summer 2019, so again, he does have a lot to do with it.

I wonder if there'd be the mobility and numbers for a fan takeover?
Tbh I rather doubt it.

There may be the numbers but I don’t trust that a fan takeover would provide any sort of stability or structure (although can’t be a wholw lot worse than now) so I suspect it’s just going to have to be part-time football unless we can find an investment from somewhere. It also has to be an actual investment, not ‘investing’ with no actual return.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

You've certainly nailed the logic of this thing. And the only reasonable conclusion is that there is no financial crisis at ICT. This season's budget, like last season's, was set on the secure assumption that wealthy businessmen would plug the gap. Those businessmen are now ready to take control of the club, and it suits them to do so in a backdrop of potential administration and the need to cut back on the youth set-up. That makes this EGM and all of the drama surrounding it nothing more than a PR exercise. 

Edited by CaleyStan

I can’t tell if you cannot read or you are just a simpleton.

I said it’s virtually impossibly for a club our size in the Championship to cut such a large amount of losses. In fact it’s impossible without investment. I never said it was impossible to run sustainably, as we’ve done it in the past.

We’re not ‘losing money rapidly’ we just aren’t ‘gaining money rapidly’ which is what we need. We’re losing money at a much lower pace than we previously did, but that damage has been done and is almost irreversible without investement or dropping down to part-time football.

Edit - also, where are these ‘thousands’ of clubs not running at a loss outside of the Premiership?

Counting Amateur clubs.

You could be running on a smaller budget, nobody forced you to make the signings you did over the summer. You quite clearly are losing money if the begging bowl is out.

Oh and the fact I’m a pars fan doesn’t mean you can ignore my claims, Yes our masterton era was shockingly badly run, but we now have a decent board running us sustainably. I’ve seen all the bs that comes out of a club when trying to explain the shit storm they’ve created

Pipe down. Literally no Pars fan wants to see Inverness go bust ffs nor claim to be experts. However, we've got the horrible experience of Masterton's fucked up years and know the pain that goes along with supporting a club with financial problems. If you should listen to anyone in this situation, you'd do a lot worse than some of us and I say that in respect of your club and fans.

Plain and Simple we are not going 'bust', the misinformed article has been blown out of proportion and jumped on maliciously.

Apologies if that is not what you want to read or hear.

The journalist responsible was I'm told a local, and one of those who enjoys, as they do in all clubs, free entry to games and hospitality etc, and bear in mind that the print media unlike other media outlets give nothing financially to clubs, rather they take but do not give and always bear in mind that 'Good News' never sells newspapers.

The 'Good News' is that newspapers are in a drastic decline far more so than ICT.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Plain and Simple we are not going 'bust', the misinformed article has been blown out of proportion and jumped on maliciously.
Apologies if that is not what you want to read or hear.
The journalist responsible was I'm told a local, and one of those who enjoys, as they do in all clubs, free entry to games and hospitality etc, and bear in mind that the print media unlike other media outlets give nothing financially to clubs, rather they take but do not give and always bear in mind that 'Good News' never sells newspapers.
The 'Good News' is that newspapers are in a drastic decline far more so than ICT.

Exactly this. We are not going bust, or into admin, or anything of the sort. It’s a clickbait article that has twisted our financial situation and now fans of other clubs think they know all about it.

11 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

There may be the numbers but I don’t trust that a fan takeover would provide any sort of stability or structure (although can’t be a wholw lot worse than now) so I suspect it’s just going to have to be part-time football unless we can find an investment from somewhere. It also has to be an actual investment, not ‘investing’ with no actual return.

You could go and as Thistle's ex benefactor Colin Weir. He seems keen on fan take overs.

25 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Exactly this. We are not going bust, or into admin, or anything of the sort. It’s a clickbait article that has twisted our financial situation and now fans of other clubs think they know all about it.

Just like some ICT fans seemingly know all about the financial situation of other clubs

It’s a *** sports writer writing for a *** newspaper in the hope that another club goes into admin as all fans of other clubs took delight in it happening to Rangers.