"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

22 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I didn’t realise we’d sent Daniel Mackay and Daniel Hoban on loan to Elgin until January. MacKay played 85 minutes yesterday and Hoban was an unused sub. Hopefully MacKay can come back in Jan and break into our team. He needs to play right now after his injury so it’s not a bad move.

Could not have put it better maself.

On 11/08/2019 at 12:34, PB1994 said:

Daniel Mackay won’t make it at Caley. He will be released when his contract is up and will end up back at Elgin or bouncing around the Highland League.

MacGregor and Machedo are much better than him.

Quite happy for this to bite me in the arse in a few years time

Just like Zander Sutherland, Jamie Duff, Andrew Greig

So many young players we have let go who I think could have done a job for us.

The Courier's report on Vigurs escapade in Johnny Foxes was more serious than I thought and resulted in him being fined £1000, apparently the bar staff refused him any more drink and then he really lost the plot with a steward, it took six police officers to restrain him during which he tried to headbutt a female officer. Silly boy and Uncle Roy will not be pleased when he reads that.

Heard from a reliable source the financial reason Nathan Austin chose Kelty Hearts, he's on £800 a week for Tuesday and Thursday night training and all day Saturday, plus they set him up with a good full time job with Royal Mail, obviously as with Mitch Megginson we couldn't match that.

Plus KH have got their eye on League 2 and are going well so far this season in the LL.

Aye he's one of these players who has a purple patch of about 8 games a season where everything hits goes in, then looks like he's never played football for the other 45 odd games you play.

Thoughts on today's game fellow Caley Jags? I thought it was quite an even game we had our fair share of chances & our first clean sheet of the league campaign.  I personally thought we should of won it near the end we definitely should of scored at least once during the whole 90 minutes.

Quite a few positives to take from it IMO don't get me wrong it wasn't an amazing performance  but considering how lackluster we were against Dundee FC back in late July it's definitely an improvement.

We just need Welsh back 100%. Don't think we will miss Brad Mackay too much unless Rooney or Mcart/Donaldson gets injured. 

Looking forward to Friday night's game against Morton under the floodlights & in front of the TV cameras. We need to win these type of games if we want to have any hope of being in the play offs.

Heard from a reliable source the financial reason Nathan Austin chose Kelty Hearts, he's on £800 a week for Tuesday and Thursday night training and all day Saturday, plus they set him up with a good full time job with Royal Mail, obviously as with Mitch Megginson we couldn't match that.
Plus KH have got their eye on League 2 and are going well so far this season in the LL.

I was speaking to someone who knows him a few days ago and they said much the same, although not how much money he was getting and where his job was. Can’t blame the guy, I believe he has a kid in Fife as well (could be wrong) so the closer to home the better.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was speaking to someone who knows him a few days ago and they said much the same, although not how much money he was getting and where his job was. Can’t blame the guy, I believe he has a kid in Fife as well (could be wrong) so the closer to home the better.

What the likes of Megginson and Austin highlight is that that the HL and LL leagues are now seeing an opportunity to get into League 2 since the introduction of the pyramid system, all in all Scottish football will benefit with the introduction of new blood year on year, Brora being the exception. 

How's Anthony McDonald? Truth be told I can't remember much from when he was playing in the championship last season. 

Excellent player that didn’t get the praise or game time that he deserved. Still a bit lightweight but incredibly skillful. This was his goal against Morton right at the start of this video.

On 30/08/2019 at 13:38, Grant228 said:

How's Anthony McDonald? Truth be told I can't remember much from when he was playing in the championship last season. 

He's good for his age. Going to be a good attacking midfielder when he is older. Reckon Dunfermline have got a pretty decent deal. I would have him back on loan. 

On 30/08/2019 at 13:38, Grant228 said:

According to Wiki he only appeared 8 times for us in the league plus once in the cup, due to injury - I hardly even saw him play myself. He came back to haunt us at Tynie in July in the Angus Beith benefit match. I think he and Cochrane will do well for you.

24 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

According to Wiki he only appeared 8 times for us in the league plus once in the cup, due to injury - I hardly even saw him play myself. He came back to haunt us at Tynie in July in the Angus Beith benefit match. I think he and Cochrane will do well for you.

Do well?

Are they not kids?