"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We need Sean Welsh back immediately.  Trafford and Vincent (who I believe was only signed for the romance of it) in centre midfield are not going to get us to the Premiership.  They're far too static and want to play the ball sideways all the time.

Welsh is not only superb at breaking up play, he is always looking to drive us forward, and linked will with Walsh last season as i recall.

I’d have Carson ahead of both just now. At least when he came on yesterday he was trying to close down the ball in and put pressure on players in Dundee’s half. Which Trafford and Vincent barely got into throughout the whole game.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d have Carson ahead of both just now. At least when he came on yesterday he was trying to close down the ball in and put pressure on players in Dundee’s half. Which Trafford and Vincent barely got into throughout the whole game.

Yeah Carson has a bit of bite about him.  Trafford and Vincent just look really slow and cumbersome.  There's no dynamism in the middle of the park with those 2 there.

Was just reading a post on CTO I agreed with, which is rare.  Why bring on Curry ahead of MacGregor?  The latter is our own players and has looked dangerous whenever he's been on the ball.  Is this Robbo being guilty (again) of 'nepotism' towards his own signings, rather than his inherited ones?

Is Curry better than MacGregor, no where near it as far as I can see.

Curry is injured again. MacGregor should be ahead of Curry but is probably still in the pecking order behind Doran and Walsh. To me the big question is up front. White is NOT a target man. He is simply awful in the air and lacks mobility. Todorov beats him in both but White is evidently the better "box player" or "goal taker". I presume that Robbo will persevere with White but I can see a fitter Todorov taking over. And where do you play Keatings. I don't like see him playing deeper or in the so-called Number 10 role. He needs to be the second striker off the target man. To me Keatings and Todorov make more sense.

And what has happened to the back five. They looked like they hadn't played together before ?

Curry is a wide player and MacGregor is meant to be a central midfielder is he not? Certainly what someone at the game was saying yesterday.

Something I've been curious about but have never asked; how many of you guys supported Caledonian FC or Inverness Thistle before the merger?

Or did the majority become fans post merger? Did you support anyone else before ICT formed?

Honestly not trying to be a WUM with this, just something I've always wondered about. Would be cool to hear more info about that time too, if anyone has stories.

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Something I've been curious about but have never asked; how many of you guys supported Caledonian FC or Inverness Thistle before the merger?

Or did the majority become fans post merger? Did you support anyone else before ICT formed?

Honestly not trying to be a WUM with this, just something I've always wondered about. Would be cool to hear more info about that time too, if anyone has stories.

I was only 8/9 in 1994 so didn't really go to football regularly.  Went to the odd Caley, Thistle or Clach game with my dad when we didn't go swimming on a Saturday afternoon.  I only started going regularly in 95/96 season and got my first season ticket the season after.

I was only 1 when the merger happened but I was from a Caley family.

Hmm, Tansey is a victim of the ICT curse - guys leaving for more money and their careers stall/dwindle away.  Not sure I'd like him back now.  31 and constantly injured.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hmm, Tansey is a victim of the ICT curse - guys leaving for more money and their careers stall/dwindle away.  Not sure I'd like him back now.  31 and constantly injured.

Is White any use? 

6 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Is White any use? 

Not in the air, so don't ever long ball it to him, cross it in the air to him or aim a corner towards him.  Decent finisher on the deck.

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Curry is injured again. MacGregor should be ahead of Curry but is probably still in the pecking order behind Doran and Walsh. To me the big question is up front. White is NOT a target man. He is simply awful in the air and lacks mobility. Todorov beats him in both but White is evidently the better "box player" or "goal taker". I presume that Robbo will persevere with White but I can see a fitter Todorov taking over. And where do you play Keatings. I don't like see him playing deeper or in the so-called Number 10 role. He needs to be the second striker off the target man. To me Keatings and Todorov make more sense.

And what has happened to the back five. They looked like they hadn't played together before ?

You'll have noted the one sided banter from McGowan to Keatings right before kick off yesterday, we can only guess at what was said but Keatings had a poor game throughout as did those around him.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Like others have said really. I was only 3 at the time of the merger so hadn’t really been to any games or have a clue what was actually going on.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Didn't really support either prior to the merger but went to the odd Caley or Thistle game. I "supported" Rangers at school to avoid getting beaten up but soon realised that watching the results / highlights on Scotsport was pish and started going to ICT games instead with my Dad or some pals and had much more fun and never looked back.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Old school clip.

Oh what a glorious night!  Back then we thought teams like Airdrie were invincible.

One of my greatest memories from Telford street. I still miss the old place.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dyed in the wool Caley fan,  spent my formative years travelling the Highland league grounds following the club I loved. Was initially against the merger (was actually involved in securing the services of a lawyer from Perth to possibly block the motion) but eventually came around to the possibilities of what could be about to happen.

Many of my closest friends and travelling companions never came around and to this day curse the name ICT.

Might seem strange but our biggest and fiercest rivals both on and off the park were neither Thistle or Ross County but the once mighty Elgin City??? My how the mighty have fallen.