"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Must admit I haven’t followed his career that closely, but has he ever been an out-and-out goalscorer? I always thought of him more as a creator/number 10.

I always thought he was quite prolific with Hamilton and Hearts in the Championship. However I have just looked at his stats there and he has never scored more than 15 in a season.

That said if he is playing in the number 10 role that is a decent return but not the sort of player I thought he was!

13 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Yeah, that's how I imagine him fitting in, in a system not too far removed from the one Robbo favoured for most of last season. I think he could probably play in a conventional 4-4-2 as well though, giving the squad (in theory) a bit more versatility.

Surprisingly the experienced Keatings was subbed for Todorov last night, at that point we were heavily under the cosh  in a game where we needed him and I didn't see the necessity of bringing on a striker. So what Robbo's plans for the lad is anybody's guess. 

There is no doubt that he has got a good game in him.

Edited by SandyCromarty

The reaction to the Peterhead game has been a bit over the top. It’s effectively just a pre-season friendly against a side who won’t have many bigger games than that all season.

These games should just be used to find our best XI (of the players available) and our shape. We should be focusing on the league this season and we don’t need this as a distraction later on. We’ll already have the Cup and the Irn-Bru Cup in our way.

Yeah the LC means less to me these days than the CC.  And that's saying something given the joke teams that enter the CC.

For me it goes League > SC > CC > LC.

33 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

The reaction to the Peterhead game has been a bit over the top. It’s effectively just a pre-season friendly against a side who won’t have many bigger games than that all season.

These games should just be used to find our best XI (of the players available) and our shape. We should be focusing on the league this season and we don’t need this as a distraction later on. We’ll already have the Cup and the Irn-Bru Cup in our way.

If you had been there for the second half you would have seen that  part time Peterheads performance was far from pre season, we were made to look a shambles by them and that was after we had three pre season games against premier sides, (and various other games), so we should have had a team that had the shape you mentioned on the park which was capable of containing what was an onslaught.

If it hadn't been for Ridgers pulling off miraculous saves we would have lost that game easily by three or four.

We are now in a competitive phase of the season and regardless of the competition or opposition we need a team to show us that they can work and succeed against all levels, winning breeds confidence, otherwise heads go down and we end up with another lost season.

Hopefully we will see a drastic improvement against Raith. 

18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

17 minutes of highlights of a 0-0?!

About 10 minutes of the video covers the 22 penalties.

Edited by RiG

Our next pre-season game vs Raith is today and Rooney, McKay and McHattie are all out. Welsh, D MacKay and Doran are still out too. Seems like we have no defenders, only Donaldson, McCart and Tremarco really available. Robbo has mentioned the possibility of Harper (who I think is a left-back) and Nicolson (no idea what position) starting.

19 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

This

16 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Our next pre-season game vs Raith is today and Rooney, McKay and McHattie are all out. Welsh, D MacKay and Doran are still out too. Seems like we have no defenders, only Donaldson, McCart and Tremarco really available. Robbo has mentioned the possibility of Harper (who I think is a left-back) and Nicolson (no idea what position) starting.

Daniel MacKay played and scored both goals in a 2-2 draw against Brora last night.  Maybe a candidate for the bench today ? Harper is a left back and Nicolson is a centre back IIRC.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Aye it's horrific. 

The club has gone 25th anniversary bonkers lately yet brings out a 'commemorative' white top and a home top that's essentially a Caley FC kit.  I'm not an ex-Thistle fan, but if I were I'd imagine this anniversary would've turned quite sour.  Our last few strips were pretty equal, yet this, on an anniversary is about five steps backwards.  All we need is for Megabus to sponsor us and the top would be complete.

Edited by Highland Capital