"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed.  the only way you get better, in any sport, is by playing against players betters than you.  Playing against shite like Forres, Rothes and Elgin every summer is good for fitness, but it doesn't get you sharp for the league cup and start of the league campaign.

Could it be possible that the Aberdeen and Hearts fans thought the same for us,

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Could it be possible that the Aberdeen and Hearts fans thought the same for us,

There's a far bigger gap in terms of quality from ICT to the HL sides, than there is to Aberdeen and Hearts to ICT.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There's a far bigger gap in terms of quality from ICT to the HL sides, than there is to Aberdeen and Hearts to ICT.

Point taken, but to describe these sides as shite is disrespectful to the part time players, management and volunteers who give so much of their time freely to keep their clubs operational.

All of us know guys and pals who make sacrifices for the game in junior and highland league teams.

It serves us better as fans to remember our own humble Highland League origins 26 years ago.

I went on the Errea website earlier to try and work out which shirt template it was without success.  I hope it's stripes again (though last seasons half and half shirt was alright).  Hopefully it's not a Rangers-esque block blue top though.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I like it to be honest. Reminds me of our 2012/13 (?) strip although it also does look like someone has run over the tops in a tractor.

What the feck is it with Charlie? Budgie smugglers underneath or is he hiding varicose veins?

Nah, not a fan.  Perhaps it looked better when they designed it on the computer, but black dots on blue doesn't work.  Perhaps had all the dotted hoops been red it would've been better but it's pretty dull IMO.  The club have been big on the whole 25th anniversary stuff so it's strange that they haven't gone for something more unifying, especially given our last few tops were pretty evenly red and blue.

In saying all that though, adults wearing football tops as casual wear is the calling card of a moron so it's not like I'd be wearing it anyway.

On 14/07/2019 at 15:00, alternative maryhill said:

People may have seen this already on Twitter or CTO, but the new ICT Fan Podcast The Wyness Shuffle has just launched - episode 1 previewing the new season is available now:

Listened to the podcast at work last night and quite enjoyed it.  Will the panel be rotating at all or are you sticking with the same four?  Also, Andrew Moffat is much posher than he appears at games!

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Listened to the podcast at work last night and quite enjoyed it.  Will the panel be rotating at all or are you sticking with the same four?  Also, Andrew Moffat is much posher than he appears at games!

Thanks! The panel won't always be the same four voices; there will be opportunities for other supporters, and people connected to the club, to be involved in future episodes as panelists, guests or contributors of some sort. I would guess that having spent quite a lot time together planning, putting together and promoting the first episode, the original four of us will probably want to continue to decide episode content, recording dates, editing and so on, and then from there see who else could be involved, based on expressions of interest or ideas they've suggested or on their knowledge about particular areas or whatever. However, these are such early days for the podcast that we haven't really discussed that side of things all that much!          

One thing I did notice about the discussion on the podcast was for Keatings to be our main goalscorer/striker.  I thought he'd be more of a replacement for Polworth.

I think he will play in a similar position to Polworth but possibly do a lot more running in behind to get onto flick one from White. So they may not be far off.

16 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I think he will play in a similar position to Polworth but possibly do a lot more running in behind to get onto flick one from White. So they may not be far off.

Yeah, that's how I imagine him fitting in, in a system not too far removed from the one Robbo favoured for most of last season. I think he could probably play in a conventional 4-4-2 as well though, giving the squad (in theory) a bit more versatility.