"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

It's David Carson who we signed in the pre-season from Morpeth Town.  We have to register him as a trialist because his international clearance hasn't come through yet.  Why we can't just name him on the teamsheet by name is a mystery.  

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

It's David Carson who we signed in the pre-season from Morpeth Town.  We have to register him as a trialist because his international clearance hasn't come through yet.  Why we can't just name him on the teamsheet by name is a mystery.  

Ah right! That’s the one. He was decent.

We lined up like this

-----------------Ridgers---------------

--McKay-Donaldson--McCart--Tremarco--

-------------Carson------Trafford-------------

--Walsh----------Keatings--------Machado---

---------------------Todorov------------------------

I was delayed getting into the ground as there was a huge queue with only one turnstile open.  We were fairly innocuous going forward, with only Walsh really causing any threat.  Hearts took the lead when McDonald volleyed home from a set piece after losing Machado, maybe the young guy showing a bit of naivety defensively.  Hearts then carved out a number of great chances but were denied by a string of superb saves by Ridgers - three or four of his saves during the match were from the top drawer.  Hearts were pretty dominant with not much happening for us, we did improve when White came on, his link up play was better than Todorov's, who looks pretty raw.  Mitch Curry and Roddy MacGregor were both lively when they came on and I see that Curry has been credited with our goal, although it was announced as Todorov.  Carson looked industrious and put in a few solid tackles and used the ball simply, which I liked.  We really need a lot more from the '3' if we are going to do anything this season.  I thought Keatings was pretty disappointing, didn't really show much.  

Seemed a good turnout, a lot of fans were delayed getting in, maybe more than was expected.  Hopefully Angus Beith makes a few quid out of it.

Has anyone ever seen that guy at a game? I must admit I've looked out for a muscle bound adonis and the only person close to what could be described as that is, well me. 

Didn’t Jordan White get 15 goals last season? Obviously he is no Shankland but he got better and better as the season went on.

He will be a massive player, literally, for us next year and the Keatings signing, no doubt a bit of a risk, could be inspired.

I actually hate our fans. Bunch of arseholes.

I say all of this like I reckon Shankland would actually of come to us, which of course he wouldn’t have even given us a second thought.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Didn’t Jordan White get 15 goals last season? Obviously he is no Shankland but he got better and better as the season went on.

In all competitions yeah something like that but he only bagged 7 in the league and just 2 league strikes in 2019 which is really poor. However, his game is more than just goals and he definitely improved as the season went on.

No one should take Simpson seriously. He keeps banging on about getting Paul Paton in for some bizarre reason and he is shite.

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

In all competitions yeah something like that but he only bagged 7 in the league and just 2 league strikes in 2019 which is really poor. However, his game is more than just goals and he definitely improved as the season went on.

No one should take Simpson seriously. He keeps banging on about getting Paul Paton in for some bizarre reason and he is shite.

Lets not forget his Miles Storey love either, according to the magic vest Storey is Messi and only he can rescue us from the Championship 

5 hours ago, RiG said:

White scored his 100th career goal against Ross County on 29th Dec 2018.White ended the season as the clubs Top Goalscorer having scored 16 goals from 40 starts - from wiki

also....
image.png.a7adc8b17d51d30dbaaf98c84d366835.png

He must have started every game last season for us

5 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

White scored his 100th career goal against Ross County on 29th Dec 2018.White ended the season as the clubs Top Goalscorer having scored 16 goals from 40 starts - from wiki

also....
image.png.a7adc8b17d51d30dbaaf98c84d366835.png

He must have started every game last season for us

He didn't start in every game, but he did appear in all of them, I think. Robbo actually started the league season with two up top - Austin and Oakley - but pretty much abandoned that after three games when it became clear that Austin was offering nothing.

Other than the Morrisons along from the Train Station (from Google Maps), is there any off licence on the way to the train station, from the ground? Just for getting the train back down a week on Saturday. Much appreciated in advance.

Obviously way too early for this post, but I’m giidy as f#ck for it ha!

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Other than the Morrisons along from the Train Station (from Google Maps), is there any off licence on the way to the train station, from the ground? Just for getting the train back down a week on Saturday. Much appreciated in advance.

Obviously way too early for this post, but I’m giidy as f#ck for it ha!

And before the game you're more than welcome to enjoy a beer in the Stadium bar.