"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

This'll be Elgin City's biggest game in their history.

The state some of their fans were getting into when the worst ICT side in recent history rocked up in the Scottish Cup was unreal. And yet we still eased past them despite being utter shite.

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

The state some of their fans were getting into when the worst ICT side in recent history rocked up in the Scottish Cup was unreal. And yet we still eased past them despite being utter shite.

Yep, probably our worst ever team and it was one way traffic the whole game, bar a couple of breakaways from them.

Nominees for the ICT25 Dream Team

Goalkeepers: Mark Brown, Jim Calder, Ryan Esson

Right-backs: David Proctor, David Raven, Mike Teasdale, Ross Tokely

Centre-backs: Darren Dods, Bobby Mann, Stuart McCaffrey, Brad McKay, Josh Meekings, Grant Munro, Mike Noble, Gary Warren

Left-backs: Stuart Golabek, Richard Hastings, Graeme Shinnie, Carl Tremarco

Central midfielders: Ian Black, Paul Cherry, Charlie Christie, Ross Draper, Russell Duncan, Richie Hart, Liam Keogh, Mark McCulloch, Liam Polworth, Paul Sheerin, Greg Tansey, Iain Vigurs

Wide midfielders: Aaron Doran, Jonny Hayes, Roy McBain, Barry Robson, Davie Ross, Nick Ross, Danny Williams. Barry Wilson

Strikers: Martin Bavidge, Graham Bayne, Richie Foran, Billy Mckay, Paul Ritchie, Adam Rooney, Iain Stewart, Dennis Wyness

Unsure quite how Danny Williams and Brad McKay have made the list but there we go.

Edit - where is Ryan Christie?

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Edit - where is Ryan Christie?

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Surely Craig Dargo should be getting a mention for up front

I think the list of nominees only includes players who have made 100 or more appearances for the club, otherwise there's no way the likes of Williams or Mckay would be in ahead of Ryan Christie or Dargo.  

I think the list of nominees only includes players who have made 100 or more appearances for the club, otherwise there's no way the likes of Williams or Mckay would be in ahead of Ryan Christie or Dargo.  

Brad Mckay has played over 100 games for us!?

That’s depressing.

14 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Like many of us I'll be through to Borough Briggs for the Aberdeen game on Saturday, and I hope we don't have a repeat of last time if the Elgin fans turn up with the heavy police presence and then the police dog handler coming round at half time at the Caley end with the mad snarling alsation, plus the running fights outside at full time.

Cue IHE with his HL memories.

the good old days

Yep there's a lot of players missing from the SPL\Premiership era due to them playing for us for a couple of seasons then being offered more money elsewhere.  Hence they didn't play the 100 games. Its a shop window in that league whereas the lower leagues aren't. 

Craig Dargo, Andy Shinnie, Ryan Christie for example. 

Guys like Dave Bingham and Marius Niculae probably played less than 50 for us but would definitely be in most peoples XIs if they could be IMO.

Brad McKay though ffs. I take it they just had to use 4 right backs and there's literally only him and the 3 others who have played over 100 games? 

With pre-season, Betfred and the North of Scotland cup we have 10 games to complete this month, I realise that we have the luxury of splitting the teams but it's still a hefty schedule and may lead to the possibility of unwelcome injuries as we saw with Todorov the other night.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep there's a lot of players missing from the SPL\Premiership era due to them playing for us for a couple of seasons then being offered more money elsewhere.  Hence they didn't play the 100 games. Its a shop window in that league whereas the lower leagues aren't. 

Craig Dargo, Andy Shinnie, Ryan Christie for example. 

Guys like Dave Bingham and Marius Niculae probably played less than 50 for us but would definitely be in most peoples XIs if they could be IMO.

Brad McKay though ffs. I take it they just had to use 4 right backs and there's literally only him and the 3 others who have played over 100 games? 

Dave Bingham, now there was an outstanding player for us, what a talent, and then didn't he and Barry Wilson leave and move to Livvy for at the very least double their wages plus a hefty signing on according to Stevie Paterson.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dave Bingham, now there was an outstanding player for us, what a talent, and then didn't he and Barry Wilson leave and move to Livvy for at the very least double their wages plus a hefty signing on according to Stevie Paterson.

No Barry signed back to us from Livvy and stayed with us until 2008.  Bingham went to Gretna in the old 3rd Division.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No Barry signed back to us from Livvy and stayed with us until 2008.  Bingham went to Gretna in the old 3rd Division.

Fun fact - we’ve got a 100% record against Gretna, not many clubs have.

Davie Bingham’s a really nice bloke, got to know him when he was at Whitehill. Does a lot for charity especially autism.

57 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Fun fact - we’ve got a 100% record against Gretna, not many clubs have.

Yep, think they only ever scored 1 goal against us.  We scored about 40 against them.

Looking again at the players who haven’t played 100 games for us, I’m starting to wonder if we could make as strong a team from those players as we could from the ones who have made 100 or more appearances? Think the latter category gives us far stronger defensive options, but in attacking terms it’s a lot closer. Would pay decent money to see a game between, say:

Esson

Tokely

Meekings

Mann

G Shinnie

Robson

Black

C Christie 

Hayes

Wyness

Rooney

and

Brill

Mihadjuks

Donaldson

McCart

Gillet

Bingham

Cowie

R Christie 

Watkins

A Shinnie

Dargo

(Apologies for shite formatting, I’m on my phone on the train.)

21 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Looking again at the players who haven’t played 100 games for us, I’m starting to wonder if we could make as strong a team from those players as we could from the ones who have made 100 or more appearances? Think the latter category gives us far stronger defensive options, but in attacking terms it’s a lot closer. Would pay decent money to see a game between, say:

Esson

Tokely

Meekings

Mann

G Shinnie

Robson

Black

C Christie 

Hayes

Wyness

Rooney

and

Brill

Mihadjuks

Donaldson

McCart

Gillet

Bingham

Cowie

R Christie 

Watkins

A Shinnie

Dargo

(Apologies for shite formatting, I’m on my phone on the train.)

You can add that horrible wee shite Imrie to that list with 66 games.