"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

We gonna sign any c**t?

I miss the days where we would sign unknown English guys without wiki pages like Jason Oswell and Harry Hooman.

Wait for July 1st when the free agents are available to sign

Players will still be in Ibiza partying with Wayne Lineker so I doubt we'll see any movement for a few weeks yet.  It's nice knowing we have OFW's wage to use on a player or two (probably with some still left over to pay some bills).

We still have the nucleus of a squad that can finish best of the rest, I've already accepted United will buy the league.  We need them gotten to fuck in May next year.

We gonna sign any c**t?

I miss the days where we would sign unknown English guys without wiki pages like Jason Oswell and Harry Hooman.

I don’t think Hooman ever actually put pen to paper. Oswell looked decent that pre-season (I remember him scoring a cracker against Coventry) but never got much of a chance.

Oswell only played about 2 games as well.  

Think he was signed in our greatest ever transfer window, summer 2013.  Where I think we signed Warren, Raven, Vincent, Tremarco, Watkins and Brill along with guys like him and Hooman.

Oswell only played about 2 games as well.  
Think he was signed in our greatest ever transfer window, summer 2013.  Where I think we signed Warren, Raven, Vincent, Tremarco, Watkins and Brill along with guys like him and Hooman.

Oswell was 2012 I think along with Raven, Draper and Warren. Vincent, Tremarco, Brill, Watkins and Hooman were 2013 I think.

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Oswell was 2012 I think along with Raven, Draper and Warren. Vincent, Tremarco, Brill, Watkins and Hooman were 2013 I think.

Yeah you're right, 2012/13 and 13/14 we had the same strip and I always forget who played both seasons in it.

Edit - that was a great strip IMO.

Image result for nick ross ict

Edited by TheScarf

Yeah you're right, 2012/13 and 13/14 we had the same strip and I always forget who played both seasons in it.
Edit - that was a great strip IMO.
9704232.jpg?display=1%26htype=0%26type=responsive-gallery&key=1ffceed7317a6b66969e1e90f7631710c482f8e19772e40b8e86b685030e6bd5

Yeah I liked it too.

Just checked up on those transfer windows. In 2012 we also signed Pepper, Simon King, Reguero, Phil Roberts ( :lol: ), Andre Blackman ( :lol: :lol: ), Matt Cooper and George Brislen-Hall. In January we signed Devine, Charlie Taylor and Jordan Gibbons.

In 2013/14 we signed guys like Tremarco, Brill, Watkins, Tansey, Vincent but we also signed Ben ‘Football’s Next Star’ Greenhalgh, Curtis Allen, Norwegian Toby, Danny Williams, Adam Evans and Joe IRA Gorman.

Butcher was good for a gem but also good for an absolute dud.

I’ve had a few non-ICT fans ask me about Greenhalgh in the past. I’ve always said as well that he *did* have talent. He was very quick and skilful and also had a cross on him. The problem was though was that he was far too lightweight to survive in Scottish football.

Big Charlie Taylor, now a regular in The Barclays. fondly remembered for admitting to me in the pub that night that he dived for the winning penalty against County.

I’ve had a few non-ICT fans ask me about Greenhalgh in the past. I’ve always said as well that he *did* have talent. He was very quick and skilful and also had a cross on him. The problem was though was that he was far too lightweight to survive in Scottish football.

I can’t remember the game (possibly Dundee away) but I remember he had a golden chance to score and just absolutely shat it. Probably why he went from Inter Milan to Stenhousemuir in the space of 3 years, he’s like the anti-Andy Robertson.

Still, he’d probably rank about 2nd or 3rd in John Hughes’ best signings.

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's us signed OFW.

I'm almost scared to ask as I seem to recall some negative posts about him, but what kind of player are we getting? Decent enough signing for our level?

Pre euros ofw - yes

Post euros ofw - no

He threw in some outrageous concessions that Foran's team could ill afford.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's us signed OFW.

I'm almost scared to ask as I seem to recall some negative posts about him, but what kind of player are we getting? Decent enough signing for our level?

A decent enough keeper and I believe he has a thriving sideline as a painter and decorator so I would think that that is a plus for the Hammies.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's us signed OFW.

Not the best keeper we've ever had but certainly not the worst. Made some great saves at times but was also capable of chucking one in the net. He, along with the entire team, had a rotten 16/17 season under Foran when we were relegated but he, along with the likes of Draper, Mckay and Tansey, were all being made to play with injuries because our plight was so desperate. He'll likely be fine for you guys most weeks but every so often you'll likely find yourself cursing him for costing you a goal.