"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Here is Dundee FC's official statement;

The club can provide the following update on the current Manager situation.

We have been inundated with applications since the role became available and in the past week have narrowed down our list of potential targets for the first round of interviews which will take place this week.

Some of the candidates are currently employed by other clubs and we requested permission to speak to them as part of the initial process.

The overall process is ongoing and we are striving to have the best man in place in the very near future.

Your board are saying that they have a number of prospective candidates.

With that in mind it is possible they are touting for a proven Championship manager as it would be difficult to entice a PL manager down.

I also note that you have freed at least six players plus a bunch of loan guys which suggests a massive rebuild for any new manager, a daunting task.

What's that got to do with the point I made?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's that got to do with the point I made?

Your point was that 'Our statement is insinuating that Robertson has applied for the job'. 

Where is the insinuation in your Board's official statement that Robertson has applied for the job, or am I missing something in it?

ICT don't need the squad rebuilt for the Championship. County literally need a new team next season. And of course again in January.  Back to normal for them. 

The current team will get ragdolled in the Premiership

30 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Robo probably doesn't fancy the rebuild on reduced finances that's required at ict. 

Funny you should mention finances as I was wondering about RC's considering they are intent on bringing in Championship players and not proven top six PL players for their entry back to the top.

Funny that?  

And your sentence is a bit hay wire.

Why are reduced finances required at ICT?

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We have been inundated with applications since the role became available and in the past week have narrowed down our list of potential targets for the first round of interviews which will take place this week.

Some of the candidates are currently employed by other clubs.  

Insinuation is clear to see IMO.

Can’t see Robbo even entertaining the idea of going to Dundee, don’t think he ever moved away from the area after he left the last time did he? Dundee are a total  basket case! 

1 minute ago, Bri RCFC said:

Dundee are a total  basket case! 

Explain or don't talk shite.

For what it's worth Caley fans, I hope Robertson has zero interest in moving.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Explain or don't talk shite.

For what it's worth Caley fans, I hope Robertson has zero interest in moving.

Your looking for your 3rd manager in the space of 1 season.....  the last 2 have filled your squad with utter dross,  if ST Mirren beat United in the play-offs United win the league next season, Robbo will have as much chance taking a decent Caley Squad up through the play offs as Dundee have of going up, secure job V getting shown the door at Xmas because Dundee arnt top! 

That was literally us 12 months ago although we had a better core to our team the the Dee, and United didn’t have  Neilson I’d they did at the start of the season they would have won the league not County!

Edited by Bri RCFC

2 minutes ago, Bri RCFC said:

Your looking for your 3rd manager in the space of 1 season.....  the last 2 have filled your squad with utter dross,  if ST Mirren beat United in the play-offs United win the league next season, Robbo will have as much chance taking a decent Caley Squad up through the play offs as Dundee have of going up, secure job V getting shown the door at Xmas because Dundee arnt top! 

f**k sake didn't know you were mystic meg.

23 minutes ago, Bri RCFC said:

Can’t see Robbo even entertaining the idea of going to Dundee, don’t think he ever moved away from the area after he left the last time did he? Dundee are a total  basket case! 

I don't think he's ever left permanently and I think he's married to someone local.  Yes, Dundee are a much bigger club but that job's a poisoned chalice.  I'd imagine he's pretty financially secure and he's in a job here where he wouldn't get a fraction of the pressure he would.  He and Caley Thistle are a good fit, he must surely know that.

Edit - I see Kevin McHattie has signed a new two year deal along with goalkeepers Martin MacKinnon and Daniel Hoban.

Edited by Highland Capital

12 hours ago, RiG said:

I don't know he could be a decent like for like replacement for Chalmers. A reasonably steady but unspectacular midfielder keeping things ticking over. One thing Chalmers does have over Vincent is that he is decent at set pieces.

Nah.  He just isn't that good, at least not anymore.  In-fact, I'd actually argue he's never been the same since his bad injury with us he sustained early on under Butcher.

11 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

McHattie getting a 2-year deal is bizarre I must say. Also, what’s the deal with Hoban? Is he the second choice or is Mackay? He didn’t seem to get much (if any) game time at Forfar. McKinnon I assume was part of the U18 league winning team so I’m happy to see as much of them signed up as possible, although as 4th choice keeper we’re unlikely to see him.

Can't see Tremarco getting much game time next season. Maybe Robbo is looking at McHattie to be his replacement . He is already in and around the squad. Maybe these last few games will be our style next season playing 3 CB and having McHattie and Rooney play higher up.

I don’t think Robbo will join Dundee, but if he did leave (to them or anyone else) surely this’d be the worst time in our history to try and bring in someone new. We’d end up with some clogger like Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre or Barry Smith. No thank you.

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I don’t think Robbo will join Dundee, but if he did leave (to them or anyone else) surely this’d be the worst time in our history to try and bring in someone new. We’d end up with some clogger like Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre or Barry Smith. No thank you.

To be fair, your lot tend to do well with utter failure managers.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Yes, Dundee are a much bigger club but that job's a poisoned chalice.   

Yes historically Dundee FC are a much bigger club than ours but since 2000 the financial instability with multiple administration problems and selling their ground has given them an aura of uncertainty for prospective players, agents and managers.

Edited by SandyCromarty

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yes historically Dundee FC are a much bigger club than ours but since 2000 the financial instability with multiple administration problems and selling their ground has given them an aura of uncertainty for prospective players, agents and managers.

Have you got proof of this or are you just making things up?