"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I think Roy doesn't want to go down the previous Owen Coyle route of throwing crazy money at utter guff like Eagles, N'Gog and McEveley types who did heehaw for us.

Right. And also County did very well indeed the last time they were in the top flight. Apart from one season, of course. I’d be delighted if we had four seasons of relative success in that division.

I know that I referred to him as "The sweet left foot" and I think that he did have BUT he went missing for some games and parts of others. I still feel that he is more suited to be an attacking left sided midfielder. As a holding midfielder he was average and I feel that Trafford surpassed him in that role as the season progressed. I am actually surprised that Tinkerville have chosen him. I would classify him as a good Championship player but I doubt his ability to shine in the Premiership. If he was going anywhere else than over the bridge then I would wish him luck. I hope his luxury residential caravan home leaks.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

We have apparently agreed a deal to sign one of your youth players - Machada (sp?). Hope he turns out to be as good as the last one, Armstrong. 

You simply do not chuck away a Brazilian. Machado will be staying put. He is worth a few bob and that will only increase. The lure of more regular first team football will be the lure and his family are settled in Inverness. He has tremendous skill and talent but needs to beef up. There is more chance of the Mongoose getting a blow job from the burd in the piccy.

52 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

You simply do not chuck away a Brazilian. Machado will be staying put. He is worth a few bob and that will only increase. The lure of more regular first team football will be the lure and his family are settled in Inverness. He has tremendous skill and talent but needs to beef up. There is more chance of the Mongoose getting a blow job from the burd in the piccy.

From what I've heard the future clauses are very much in ICT's favour. 

Heard from a few places that James Vincent wants to come back. I think we should say “Thanks but no thanks.”

He was a reasonable player for us and the winning goal in the cup final was brilliant but I think it’d be better if he stayed in the past.

I don't know he could be a decent like for like replacement for Chalmers. A reasonably steady but unspectacular midfielder keeping things ticking over. One thing Chalmers does have over Vincent is that he is decent at set pieces.

Friday night:

On 05/05/2019 at 13:52, Highland Capital said:

Hearing that Doran to Hamilton Accies is a done deal.

Sunday morning:

On 18/05/2019 at 14:57, Highland Capital said:

Heard yesterday that Aberdeen and Hearts are keen on Doran.

Doran's a fairly risky signing given his injury issues.  He's an excellent player at this level and has shown in the past that he can play well in the top flight.  

I'd be pretty surprised if Aberdeen or Hearts were looking at him.

Regarding Chalmers, he's obviously improved this season and his dead ball delivery has been good but I'm not sure that he's a Premiership level player.  I'd rather have kept him tbh.

From the board to the pitch there needs a mass shake up. People in suits with no clue how to run a club and connect to the community then there's players playing at standards of a league below. Massive summer for Robbo.

Edited by ThisCouldBeRotterdam

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

That's the press saying you've rejected an approach for Robbo from us.

What's the deal with him and that long absence? Does he live locally?

He lives in Inverness, or at least nearby I think.  He worked for Radio Scotland covering our and County's game and also had a job working for Orion Group, who are owned by Alan Savage, a former chairman and current shareholder in our club.  It was a major surprise that we took Robbo back but he's managed a very difficult situation well and it would be a very significant blow if he was to leave.  He signed a new contract recently as well.

Just now, ICTChris said:

He lives in Inverness, or at least nearby I think.  He worked for Radio Scotland covering our and County's game and also had a job working for Orion Group, who are owned by Alan Savage, a former chairman and current shareholder in our club.  It was a major surprise that we took Robbo back but he's managed a very difficult situation well and it would be a very significant blow if he was to leave.  He signed a new contract recently as well.

I half think it's maybe just a slow news day with our interest and then the rejection breaking in the same half hour.

From the little I've seen of you guys this season, I would be really optimistic about him if he did come in. I think you guys play some good football but just lack that strength in depth that United and County could afford which is understandable. A lot of players on your squad list were unfancied on paper like Ridgers, McHattie, Donaldson, Chalmers, Welsh etc but seem to be a good unit together.

Hamilton have an artificial pitch, Doran cant play on that surface and has legs made of glass. Doubtful its a done deal even with Rice in charge.

How can Doran not play on an artificial pitch? He seems to have coped well enough this season.

5 hours ago, harry94 said:

That's the press saying you've rejected an approach for Robbo from us.

What's the deal with him and that long absence? Does he live locally?

John Robertson has done a very decent job for us since he came in, and that was a big surprise for all of us, but now I don't think you would find many fans having a bad word against the man.

He's done well on a small budget and I would think he would like to give us another season to rebuild.

As for Dundee, and I don't mean any disrespect here, but relegation is a major upheaval for any club and having had three managers in the last couple of years I don't think at present you have much to offer a new manager.

Last I knew John was living at Ardesier but that was some time ago and he my have moved.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our statement is insinuating that Robertson has applied for the job.

Here is Dundee FC's official statement;

The club can provide the following update on the current Manager situation.

We have been inundated with applications since the role became available and in the past week have narrowed down our list of potential targets for the first round of interviews which will take place this week.

Some of the candidates are currently employed by other clubs and we requested permission to speak to them as part of the initial process.

The overall process is ongoing and we are striving to have the best man in place in the very near future.

Your board are saying that they have a number of prospective candidates.

With that in mind it is possible they are touting for a proven Championship manager as it would be difficult to entice a PL manager down.

I also note that you have freed at least six players plus a bunch of loan guys which suggests a massive rebuild for any new manager, a daunting task.

Edited by SandyCromarty