"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

9 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

Last spotted at Haringey Borough. He was clearly a very good footballer but,  speaking as a philhellene and without any reference to cultural stereotypes, the boy was lazy as f**k. 

Well played! Anybody expanding the vocabulary of P&B deserves a greenie.

On 5/18/2019 at 17:59, Tarmo Kink said:

That Dumbarton game was arguably our worst game since being relegated. I remember Chalmers shitting out of a 70/30 challenge in his favour.

Wasn't that the Stirling Albion game?

22 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

Apparently Chalmers is a done deal, but not sure about Donaldson. 

Chalmers was done weeks ago. County and ICT agreed that the deal wouldn't be made public until after our involvement in the play offs were over.

16 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

It’s harsh to call Donaldson a joke figure to be honest. Before United he had barely played, just sometimes for Livi and QPR as a youngster. He joined United aged 20 and struggled to find his feet which resulted in their toxic fans constantly getting on his back so much that he wanted to retire. United are a club that are notorious for making players look worse than they are, along with Falkirk and pre-relegation Hibs...

He’s been excellent for us.

Totally agree.

21 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Nathan Austin has just been unveiled by Kelty Hearts.

Strange one this and I can't understand why he would want to go to a Lowland League team when I heard that Airdrie were interested in him?

Have Kelty got some big backer that is paying big bucks? 

24 minutes ago, harry94 said:

How was Owain fon Williams at this level?

I know he was pricey so moved on but was he competent? We'll likely be looking for someone this summer and his name caught my eye on the out of contract list.

It's been that long since he played for us but he was a decent keeper.

However with Fox away I heard RC were interested. 

34 minutes ago, harry94 said:

How was Owain fon Williams at this level?

I know he was pricey so moved on but was he competent? We'll likely be looking for someone this summer and his name caught my eye on the out of contract list.

He was on £1800 a week with us (from out Premiership days) so will probably head back down south, or to County, for those wages.

^ Hardly fair, considering he played through most of the relegation season with an injury same as several others like Draper, McKay, Tansey, Meekings and possibly others, Whether this was their decisions, club pressure or poor management from the medical team its clear that all these guys didn't turn mince overnight and that all once they left to new pastures spent wks on treatment tables.

OFW has been made a scapegoat for the bad management at the club and a board who signed players on long term deals that we couldnt afford. He's painted as a guy who has been greedy and part of the problem relating to the clubs financial mess when in reality he is doing what he was contracted to do and has every right to wait it out unless the club offered a mutually agreeable settlement to terminate and move on. The way fans have turned on him is very sad and his treatment is no better than that we saw of Draper, Warren & Raven where the club forced them out and played the press to turn fans.

He was on £1800 a week with us (from out Premiership days) so will probably head back down south, or to County, for those wages.

That can’t possibly be true, can it? £1800 a week is probably more than double a upper end Championship wage, even now. No chance County - or anyone else in Scotland outside Glasgow or Edinburgh or Aberdeen - is going to pay him that.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

That can’t possibly be true, can it? £1800 a week is probably more than double a upper end Championship wage, even now. No chance County - or anyone else in Scotland outside Glasgow or Edinburgh or Aberdeen - is going to pay him that.

We got a sum from UEFA as he was in the Wales squad for Euro 2016 and I think some of that went to his wages.  He was on a mental contract apparently. 

We got a sum from UEFA as he was in the Wales squad for Euro 2016 and I think some of that went to his wages.  He was on a mental contract apparently. 

I don’t doubt it. He must have a hefty appearance bonus/clean sheet bonus, as surely he’d have played? No doubting his quality at all.

Just now, RossCountyFan14 said:

Is he actually good? I seen he got players POTY but can’t say I’ve even noticed him in derby games?

Yeah I was a bit surprised at that TBH. As I say in the County thread he's okay but that's really as far as it goes for me. Welsh made him a much better player TBH. Seems an odd signing for County to make unless it was solely to rile our fans which, based on the cranium detachments on Twitter, seems to have worked wonders.

For me though I like Chalmers but I'm a bit meh about him going. If County had picked up Welsh or do end up getting Donaldson (fee still to be agreed is what I keep hearing) then I will likely engage in some cranium detachment myself.

1 hour ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Is he actually good? I seen he got players POTY but can’t say I’ve even noticed him in derby games?

Got POTY so we could punt him off to County, we all know they dont bother scouting, just grab out "better" players. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I'd genuinely be more disappointed if that is true than seeing Chalmers confirmed as a County player.

Joe turned out some decent performances for us but he was no stand out overall,  I'm sorry to see him go and I wish him well.

As I've said before a few times why is it RC are looking at championship players when with Roy's money they should be buying in top six proven players, surely they want to do better this time than they did last time in the SPL.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Joe turned out some decent performances for us but he was no stand out overall,  I'm sorry to see him go and I wish him well.

As I've said before a few times why is it RC are looking at championship players when with Roy's money they should be buying in top six proven players, surely they want to do better this time than they did last time in the SPL.

I think Roy doesn't want to go down the previous Owen Coyle route of throwing crazy money at utter guff like Eagles, N'Gog and McEveley types who did heehaw for us.