"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

9 hours ago, Comrie said:

Pretty sure Caley signed White on a two year deal. I don't rate him as a footballer in terms of skill, but he's a big wrecking machine when on form and a decent weapon in the Championship.

That's a very good description of the boy. It took him a while to get going, and a bit longer for the fans to get those qualities, but in the end I would be sorry to lose him. 

6 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

That Dumbarton game was arguably our worst game since being relegated. I remember Chalmers shitting out of a 70/30 challenge in his favour.

It was the lowest I've ever felt after a game because it pointed towards successive relegations and potential oblivion.  Massive credit to Robbo for the way he's turned it around from there. I was screaming for his head afterwards. 

Well we have to move on to next season now. I’d expect (more hope) Fon Williams, Austin and McHattie are away at the end of their contracts. Polworth and Chalmers are away anyway. Hopefully the wages freed up by them (especially OFW) will allow is to bring in a few more players in addition to Keatings and Carson. I’d like to see some of the young boys like MacKay, McGregor, Machado, Harper etc get a run out in the Betfred Cup groups and the early round(s) of the Irn-Bru Cup as we’ll be needing them at some point I think.

Was told yesterday Mchattie has a new contract on the table. How true this is I’m not sure but no reason to disbelieve the person who said. I’m not fussed either way about him tbh

McHattie is someone you could take or leave.  Alright in a few positions but not exactly outstanding in any of them - essentially the new Lewis Horner or David Proctor.  I'm not sure I'd offer if a contract if I'm honest.

18 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

How many games do you avoid then, what's your excuse for Donaldson after last nights nightmare performance then, or was getting ragdolled by an unfit, piss poor Sow acceptable?

He wasn't 100 % fit maybe 60% at a push. Same with Tom Walsh but we had no choice but to play them due to our squad being so thin.....

19 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

How many games do you avoid then, what's your excuse for Donaldson after last nights nightmare performance then, or was getting ragdolled by an unfit, piss poor Sow acceptable?

Oh goodie, another reason to relish should Donaldson take to his heels.

39 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

It’s harsh to call Donaldson a joke figure to be honest. Before United he had barely played, just sometimes for Livi and QPR as a youngster. He joined United aged 20 and struggled to find his feet which resulted in their toxic fans constantly getting on his back so much that he wanted to retire. United are a club that are notorious for making players look worse than they are, along with Falkirk and pre-relegation Hibs...

He’s been excellent for us.

Coll Donaldson got stick not just because he was shite, but because he had a terrible attitude.

I don’t know about the attitude part but his ability hasn’t seemed to change since he left.

18 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

It was the lowest I've ever felt after a game because it pointed towards successive relegations and potential oblivion.  Massive credit to Robbo for the way he's turned it around from there. I was screaming for his head afterwards. 

Froxylias ripped us a new arsehole that afternoon.

Where is he now?

28 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Coll Donaldson got stick not just because he was shite, but because he had a terrible attitude.

I don’t know about the attitude part but his ability hasn’t seemed to change since he left.

I'll make allowances for your disposition towards tribalism over an objectivity, no matter, but would you venture to expand on the possibility that a youthful prospect may have been scapegoated by a partisan coterie?

As for your second attempt at a point, you clearly haven't been paying attention.

I'm happy to bow to the twin logic of joint managers who are prepared to request that a six figure sum is sanctioned to secure the services of the most skillful centre half in the division.

Just now, sophia said:

I'll make allowances for your disposition towards tribalism over an objectivity, no matter, but would you venture to expand on the possibility that a youthful prospect may have been scapegoated by a partisan coterie?

As for your second attempt at a point, you clearly haven't been paying attention.

I'm happy to bow to the twin logic of joint managers who are prepared to request that a six figure sum is sanctioned to secure the services of the most skillful centre half in the division.

Most skilful centre half that was put on his arse but Sow and Safranko?

Might want to take a look at Mark Reynolds who wasn’t made it break a sweat across 180 minutes if you are looking for the best centre half in the league.

Most skilful centre half that was put on his arse but Sow and Safranko?
Might want to take a look at Mark Reynolds who wasn’t made it break a sweat across 180 minutes if you are looking for the best centre half in the league.

Oh stop. Not even Mark Reynolds believes that.

36 minutes ago, sophia said:

Ffs, you post like Coll Donaldson plays.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Froxylias ripped us a new arsehole that afternoon.

Where is he now?

Last spotted at Haringey Borough. He was clearly a very good footballer but,  speaking as a philhellene and without any reference to cultural stereotypes, the boy was lazy as f**k.