"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

To be more than fair and not at the WU.
As I said on an earlier I don't ever see your club going big in the transfer market, with all Roy's money and considering your last disastrous foray in the PL I would have thought you would have been looking at at least three experienced top six players right now instead of the likes of Joe and Coll who admittedly have done well in the championship.
Or are you giving it the make do and see how you get on for the first part of the season?

Last disastrous foray? I can think of at least two things wrong with that.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

To be more than fair and not at the WU.

As I said on an earlier I don't ever see your club going big in the transfer market, with all Roy's money and considering your last disastrous foray in the PL I would have thought you would have been looking at at least three experienced top six players right now instead of the likes of Joe and Coll who admittedly have done well in the championship.

Or are you giving it the make do and see how you get on for the first part of the season?

As SH has pointed out, not sure about "foray" in this context.  The last season was obviously a disaster, of course.

Beyond the rumours about Chalmers, and Donaldson in particular, there hasn't really been any word on signings for next season.  There's a good core group there, but we undoubtedly need upgrades in some positions.  Experienced top six players will come at a premium, so looking at cheaper, proven Championship players with the ability to step up is a good way to go.  And getting guys who are already happy in the area is a no brainer - especially if, as rumoured, ICT are in no position to turn down relatively modest bids.

I certainly don't think we'll see the multitude of signings we used to in the Adams era, but knowing Roy, the budget will be there for the right players.

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Wasn't Watkins one of our lowest paid players?  I'm sure I heard he was £400 a week or something.  And what a great move it was for him too - playing for the likes of Bath and Hereford to being our star man and setting him up for an eventual move to the Championship.

I see he went on to Norwich after Barnsley and he's now with Bristol City where he's on £900,000 pa, a long way from the £400 a week with us and well deserved.

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep.  Falkirk just get a list of free agents, fly them up, sign them and do this model-like photo shoot with them and all their fans start fingering themselves before the manager has even seen them play, and they all turn out to be utter fucking shite. 

It's the Falkirk way don't you know?

On 16/05/2019 at 20:18, SandyCromarty said:

I would expect Coll Donaldson to move for at least £150,000 to £200,000.

You'll be keeping him for a while then.

5 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Tough result last night for ICT. 

Is Jordan White out of contract at the end of the season? 

Pretty sure Caley signed White on a two year deal. I don't rate him as a footballer in terms of skill, but he's a big wrecking machine when on form and a decent weapon in the Championship.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

I wouldn't be too sure on that, Ross Draper went to RC for £100,000 and young Coll is twice the player he was.

:lol:

Aye, an experienced, proven top flight performer, and a young defender with a clown shoes reputation who's had a decent season in the second tier. 

The comparisons are clear.

Edited by RandomGuy.

One thing that was abundantly clear last night, as it was a few weeks ago when we beat Ayr 1-0 is that we can't play a system with two central midfielders.  We get cut open far too easily.  In years gone by we managed it when we had the likes of Draper and Tansey and Black and Duncan, but we don't have players robust enough for it anymore.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol:

Aye, an experienced, proven top flight performer, and a young defender with a clown shoes reputation who's had a decent season in the second tier. 

The comparisons are clear.

Given your result yesterday against a team with a smaller budget than ours, and the statement from your manager today on the radio that you failed to make the top six due to players not giving enough maybe it's time ST J looked at young defenders.

Edited by SandyCromarty

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Given your result yesterday against team with a smaller budget than ours, and the statement from your manager today on the radio that you failed to make the top six due to players not giving enough maybe it's time ST J looked at young defenders.

Three of our starting defenders (Tanser and Kerr been regulars all season, Gordon replacing Shaughnessy) over the past 10 games are younger than Donaldson :lol:

Hes only a year younger than our club captain CB who's played over 100 games :lol:

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Donaldson has had two decent seasons in the second tier I’d say.

Even still, we got offered £100k up front for Jason Kerr in January, who's already a better defender than Donaldson will ever be. 

Expecting a six figure fee is just deluded.

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Donaldson has had two decent seasons in the second tier I’d say.

The only bad game I saw he had was his first run out for us against Dumbarton the season before.

The St Johnstone fan is basing his opinion on a few seasons ago, Coll has very much matured  since then.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Three of our starting defenders (Tanser and Kerr been regulars all season, Gordon replacing Shaughnessy) over the past 10 games are younger than Donaldson :lol:

Hes only a year younger than our club captain CB who's played over 100 games :lol:

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even still, we got offered £100k up front for Jason Kerr in January, who's already a better defender than Donaldson will ever be. 

Expecting a six figure fee is just deluded.

The only defending I'm seeing right now is you trying to defend a shite season, end of.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

The only defending I'm seeing right now is you trying to defend a shite season, end of.

Shite season? We finished 7th, with more points than Hearts, and the average age of the squad has plummeted. I've literally no idea what your point is.

I can only conclude you realised that proclaiming a 25yo CB, who's a joke figure to all but ICT fans, as some promising young player who'll demand up to half a million pounds is laughable and have decided to set the phasers to deflect.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Shite season? We finished 7th, with more points than Hearts, and the average age of the squad has plummeted. I've literally no idea what your point is.

I can only conclude you realised that proclaiming a 25yo CB, who's a joke figure to all but ICT fans, as some promising young player who'll demand up to half a million pounds is laughable and have decided to set the phasers to deflect.

Goals For - 48  Goals Against - 48   

Terrific Defending

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Goals For - 48  Goals Against - 48   

Terrific Defending

Four more than ICT conceded, in a higher tier. 

Staggered it was so close considering we've got ageing diddies like Kerr while you've got the future Scotland captain Donaldson. 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The only bad game I saw he had was his first run out for us against Dumbarton the season before.

The St Johnstone fan is basing his opinion on a few seasons ago, Coll has very much matured  since then.

How many games do you avoid then, what's your excuse for Donaldson after last nights nightmare performance then, or was getting ragdolled by an unfit, piss poor Sow acceptable?

Edited by frankthetank22