"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Sean Welsh has signed for two more years which is great news.  When he joined I remember the reaction was quite muted as he was (and still is) fairly injury prone, but he's played most of the season and has been excellent for us.

On 5/10/2019 at 18:21, Highland Capital said:

Sean Welsh has signed for two more years which is great news.  When he joined I remember the reaction was quite muted as he was (and still is) fairly injury prone, but he's played most of the season and has been excellent for us.

That's made my weekend, he is one of the players I felt we needed to retain.

Very happy with this signing. Suspect Austin will be off. Can't imagine we'd have three "senior" strikers at the club next season.

Keatings rarely played up front for us this spell. In fact, finishing was probably the weakest part of his game this time around which is in complete contrast to the last time where he was a good poacher and not much else.
He plays well in tight areas and is good at releasing those around him. His set pieces are excellent too; a stat on Modern Fitba showed that he was second for scoring chances (shots from a certain area) created from set pieces p90.
The problem is that he just doesn't create nearly enough from open play. For a 10, his forward passing was really poor, almost non-existent, and that article I mentioned also showed that he creates 0 scoring chances from open play. His numbers by the time of the winter break were appalling and I don't think they'll have got any better.
Keeping him fit will also be difficult.
This sounds pretty negative but I actually like Keatings and hope he does with you, which he could well do with the right players around him. He also seems like a really nice guy who's had a lot of personal issues over the years.

Just now, accies1874 said:

This sounds pretty negative but I actually like Keatings and hope he does with you, which he could well do with the right players around him. He also seems like a really nice guy who's had a lot of personal issues over the years.

I wonder if this has a lot to do with his form? Maybe I am being overly optimistic but I feel that we are a good club to come to if you want to restart and rebuild so hopefully he can show us the sort of form he had for Hamilton first time round.

I thought he was a game short of a winner's medal? If he did sign for Caley, he'd be a decent transfer. 

2 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Few on OTB saying Stelios Demetriou is in Inverness training at the gyms. Maybe nothing in it but possibly signing for yous? Won’t be for us anyway

I thought that the reason he left and went down south was because his missus couldn't settle up here?

Got family down the road.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4246652/partick-thistle-rangers-zak-rudden/#comments
I see the Scottish Sun has us linked with Jordan White. What’s the likelihood of you selling him?

No idea of the financial situation with Partick but considering he is our top scorer and over the last 4 months looks to be coming a real player I can’t see him leaving. Then again we are, apparently, trying to actively sell Donaldson who is our second best player so who knows.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4246652/partick-thistle-rangers-zak-rudden/#comments
I see the Scottish Sun has us linked with Jordan White. What’s the likelihood of you selling him?

I’ve been told that all of our players are essentially up for sale (for the right price of course). You’d have to stump up a few quid to get him, but you might get him a lower price that one would ordinarily expect.