"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Absolutely no way we have enough fans willing to contribute to make this even worth thinking about.

Even if it did happen just think of all the fuss and newspaper articles that would pop up about how their money would not be being spent properly if we made one or two signings that didn’t work out.

Indeed. It's not really up to the fans to make sure the club is OK. 

I don't have a season ticket but I've only missed 2 home games all season in all competitions. I buy a drink in the bar before the game too if its not too packed. I've also bought club merch as presents for others. 

I'm doing my bit. 

I am as intrigued that CTO has 3 new posters who are possibly all part of the board or the backroom brigade. The CTO appeasement appears to be part of a thought out plan. But is Sleepslagger the Good Samaritan or the Pied Piper. As more of an away day supporter I would be happy to go fer a direct debit but I would like to know where it is going and even if we attracted 500 we are only looking at an extra £1K a month.

See, this goes back to something I posted on here a few weeks ago.  If the club was more open and welcoming and actually made you feel wanted and would be grateful if you got involved, I'd strongly consider contributing to a scheme like this.  As I said earlier in the thread, I've made a decent contribution for this season by buying a season ticket and going to the cup games.  I'm not made of money and even if I was, I wouldn't be giving them more than they deserve.

Whatever happened to the "Muirfield Mills" people? And was there not supposed to be another "consortium" investing in ICT not too long ago?

From my (very limited) exposure to ICT, there appears to be a lot of conflict (and that might be too strong a word) between different factions behind the scenes. At times it looks like politics is being out ahead of the club's wellbeing. Again, from an outsider perspective, there seems to be more tension now between the club and the fans than ever before.

I do think that the city of Inverness take pride in their team and want to see them do well, but they just can't be bothered turning up. Certainly in my experience there's a lot of ICT "fans" that pay attention to results, rock up for the Scottish Cup final, and want to see the club in the topflight, but they don't actually go to games.  County have a similar issue, but the ICT situation seems more obvious given the size of ICT's immediate catchment area (i.e., the city itself).

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Whatever happened to the "Muirfield Mills" people? And was there not supposed to be another "consortium" investing in ICT not too long ago?

From my (very limited) exposure to ICT, there appears to be a lot of conflict (and that might be too strong a word) between different factions behind the scenes. At times it looks like politics is being out ahead of the club's wellbeing. Again, from an outsider perspective, there seems to be more tension now between the club and the fans than ever before.

I do think that the city of Inverness take pride in their team and want to see them do well, but they just can't be bothered turning up. Certainly in my experience there's a lot of ICT "fans" that pay attention to results, rock up for the Scottish Cup final, and want to see the club in the topflight, but they don't actually go to games.  County have a similar issue, but the ICT situation seems more obvious given the size of ICT's immediate catchment area (i.e., the city itself).

Graeme Rae is part of the Muirfield Mills consortium I believe.  One of the things that really come back to bite the club is that the club have never really sold themselves to the town.  For years there was an attitude that the town should be eternally grateful that the club is there delivering top flight football.  As well as this there was an attitude of the town should come to us and not vice versa and if they don't want to, then stuff them.  It doesn't work like that.  There's been no plan for years into how to really be ingrained in the community and now it could well be too late.

Conflict is 100% not to strong a word. After our relegation it was pretty much a full on war on who was trying to run the club. They are all out for themselves and would never put the club first if it came down to a choice of ICT or some personal benefit they would get.

The club has been horrifically run and naturally attendances go down the worse you are playing on the pitch but it’s a bit hypocritical of the board to ban a load of young fans, granted they were being arseholes but it was not warranting a ban imo, and then complain that nobody turns up.

I know only a few of the young lads were banned but there must have been about 30 or so that stopped going because of it. Not massive numbers but still a fair bit of cash to be losing every 2 weeks.

I might just be imaging this a wee bit, but in the last five or six years there's quite a few fans who've just stopped from going to games altogether.  I'm talking about away day fans as well.  There were folk who you'd see every other week and they've just gone cold turkey.

3 hours ago, staggy4life said:

810k loss. Tick tock.

I found this alarming and it appears that Uncle Royston has had a massive falling out with his previously trusted cohorts and is seriously considering switching his annual million £ into Inverness.

14 hours ago, staggy4life said:

810k loss. Tick tock.

That is why nobody with any sense will invest anything into the club right now. There needs to be full on transparency over the last few years where the money has gone, starting with playing & coaching staff demonstrating what crazy bumper deals were given out., then beyond that where any money has gone.  Its clear the matchday revenues are poor but so are the financial decisions and managements.

Hopefully we can restructure and cut cloth accordingly including trimming the playing budget and staff further with less jobbers and more youth. Start a several year plan of consolidation and development for stability.

Think Foran was a 4 year deal.  But yep, the last board, some of whom I believe make up the current one,  are to blame for the current predicament.  Once OFW is away things will be a tad brighter.  

The team is doing alright on the park which is good.  I think we'll be ok for 4th.  I think the penny has dropped with this team, and Robbo and Kel.

The latest figures are a sharp reminder of just how desperate things can get outwith the top tier and shows just how moronic some of supporters were being when they said relegation would almost be a good thing so the club could start afresh. Foran on a four year deal and then not punting him when it was clear he was out of his depth might go down as the moment ICT were absolutely ruined.

42 minutes ago, RiG said:

it was clear he was out of his depth might go down as the moment ICT were absolutely ruined 3-0 away to Hamilton

We (or those without blinkers) saw it and could have been all so different now.

Scottish football needs a strong ICT!!!