"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

We need a goalscorer and that's not what Oakley is (he has less goals this season than the much-maligned Jordan White and Shaun Rooney this season).  I liked him as a player but with his contract up at the end of the season, I can see why the club are cashing in, especially when he's fairly injury prone.  This is hardly the disaster people are acting like it is.  He was good...but not *that* good.

^^^^

Better than Dani Lopez type post

I see the stadium deal is done at last.

Free at last, free at last.

Whilst realising that the long history including the highland council common good fund and Tullochs amongst others, meant that the funding and ownership has been murky, this must be regarded as a windfall for the club.

I wonder who will come forward as stadium sponsor?

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

We need a goalscorer and that's not what Oakley is (he has less goals this season than the much-maligned Jordan White and Shaun Rooney).  I liked him as a player but with his contract up at the end of the season, I can see why the club are cashing in, especially when he's fairly injury prone.  This is hardly the disaster people are acting like it is.  He was good...but not *that* good.

I don't think anyone is saying he was a regular goalscorer or he is that good but he definitely possesses some qualities his other striking colleagues don't. People don't like it when popular players move on (see Raven and Warren previously) but in this case, as I've said before, at a crucial time of the season we only have two strikers one of whom isn't fit half the time he's been here. With all the chat about apparently going for the title (:lol:) it's a very surprising move as it weakens the team leaving us lighter up front and with no one else coming in to replace him.

I don't think anyone is saying he was a regular goalscorer or he is that good but he definitely possesses some qualities his other striking colleagues don't. People don't like it when popular players move on (see Raven and Warren previously) but in this case, as I've said before, at a crucial time of the season we only have two strikers one of whom isn't fit half the time he's been here. With all the chat about apparently going for the title (:lol:) it's a very surprising move as it weakens the team leaving us lighter up front and with no one else coming in to replace him.

I wonder if there’d be such a furore had White been sold to Accies...

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I wonder if there’d be such a furore had White been sold to Accies...

I would equally upset if we had sold White and not brought anyone in. 

Has the atmosphere at the TCS been as dead as it was yesterday for some time? Could not believe how quiet the north stand was yesterday, border like talk and you would get looked at sort of silence. What happened to the younger group of boys who looked to be creating some noise for a while?

32 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Has the atmosphere at the TCS been as dead as it was yesterday for some time? Could not believe how quiet the north stand was yesterday, border like talk and you would get looked at sort of silence. What happened to the younger group of boys who looked to be creating some noise for a while?

Some were banned after a few off the field incidents and most of the others refuse to go now. Until the County games then they all magically reappear.

On 30/01/2019 at 21:55, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Latapy was my joint favourite assistant.

Hard to weed out whose not up to the task. Very easy to make a hash of it, then puff, up in a cloud of smoke. Especially if your still green to the game. That they didn't beat around the bush and got rid of him was good.

Hello folks,

Sorry to gatecrash but can anyone give me some recommendations for pubs to visit on a Friday & Saturday evening? Looking for some live music if possible that would be suitable for folk in their late 50's/early sixties (i.e., no hordes of mad screaming drunken teenagers). Also which are the best Indian & Chinese restaurants? 

ta in advance.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Hello folks,

Sorry to gatecrash but can anyone give me some recommendations for pubs to visit on a Friday & Saturday evening? Looking for some live music if possible that would be suitable for folk in their late 50's/early sixties (i.e., no hordes of mad screaming drunken teenagers). Also which are the best Indian & Chinese restaurants? 

ta in advance.

Food ... Rajah, Post Office Lane.

Live music ... I'm tempted to recommend Johnny Foxes. It's busy but please avoid wee nyaffs and roasters. Or Ironworks might have a decent act on.

Hello folks,

ta in advance.

As already said if you want an Indian go to the Rajah. Serious lack of Chinese restaurants in Inverness though I believe the one on Union Street is supposed to be very good. Never actually been but I have heard good things.

Music wise I would probably say Hootannays. Foxes as well but that would be more likely to have the younger ones in who couldn’t get into the den next door.

The new bar Mcgregors also has music I believe.

Oh yeah and if you like traditional Scottish music there is the Gellions. However it’s not the biggest and always heaving so not much room to have a quiet relaxing drink. Same with MacCallum’s.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Food ... Rajah, Post Office Lane.

Live music ... I'm tempted to recommend Johnny Foxes. It's busy but please avoid wee nyaffs and roasters. Or Ironworks might have a decent act on.

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

As already said if you want an Indian go to the Rajah. Serious lack of Chinese restaurants in Inverness though I believe the one on Union Street is supposed to be very good. Never actually been but I have heard good things.

Music wise I would probably say Hootannays. Foxes as well but that would be more likely to have the younger ones in who couldn’t get into the den next door.

The new bar Mcgregors also has music I believe.

Oh yeah and if you like traditional Scottish music there is the Gellions. However it’s not the biggest and always heaving so not much room to have a quiet relaxing drink. Same with MacCallum’s.

Cheers folks.

Used to go to Johnny Foxes years ago but had heard it's not as good as it once once. Been to Hootenanys as well a few years back so may give that a try again.

Thanks again.

Hello folks,
ta in advance.
I think Hootananys does live music and a good Indian is the Rajah which is about 30 seconds away.