"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Polly will do well in a team that plays open football and goes through the middle - in a side thats high on confidence and has players to protect him like we had in the past with Draper/Vigurs & Tansey to an extent. In a team that struggles and needs someone to take control and lead then he's not that guy. He can look disinterested and frustrated often which leads people to think he should be doing more such as the hard tacking & tracking back is not part of his game - which is unfortunately  due to the ICT struggles over the last few years is what we need.

If StJ agree a PCA, I think we should look to agree a nominal fee and free up the wage - while he would be an asset for the rest of the season, I dont see us going up so if we can get in a couple of players on his salary then it may be worth the chance to freshen up and look to build for next season.

Polly will do well in a team that plays open football and goes through the middle - in a side thats high on confidence and has players to protect him like we had in the past with Draper/Vigurs & Tansey to an extent. In a team that struggles and needs someone to take control and lead then he's not that guy. He can look disinterested and frustrated often which leads people to think he should be doing more such as the hard tacking & tracking back is not part of his game - which is unfortunately  due to the ICT struggles over the last few years is what we need.
If StJ agree a PCA, I think we should look to agree a nominal fee and free up the wage - while he would be an asset for the rest of the season, I dont see us going up so if we can get in a couple of players on his salary then it may be worth the chance to freshen up and look to build for next season.
We don't do fees mate. May be we could come to an arrangement involving Scougall for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, The Marly said:

We don't do fees mate. May be we could come to an arrangement involving Scougall for the rest of the season.

I'd take that.

I am a massive fan of Polworth. Yes he can have his wee drama queen moments where he huffs for a bit after a bad pass but he's still our best player by some distance. The whoppers in our support he chanted about his sister seem to have become offended by the fact he, surprisingly, didn't like this and have taken, as sophia mentions, to booing his name any chance they get be it MotM awards or when he is subbed off. Bizarre behaviour from a bunch of wetboys who have ICT as their small team whilst they "support" Arsenal and Man City etc.

Scougalls apparently on about £2k a week.

Up until your potential final game, 26th May, that's 20 weeks, so £40k to cover his wages for that period, unless I'm miscounting something, which is possible.

£40k to get Polworth 6 months early seems a decent deal, and Scougall is surely desperate for regular games.

55 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'd take that.

I am a massive fan of Polworth. Yes he can have his wee drama queen moments where he huffs for a bit after a bad pass but he's still our best player by some distance. The whoppers in our support he chanted about his sister seem to have become offended by the fact he, surprisingly, didn't like this and have taken, as sophia mentions, to booing his name any chance they get be it MotM awards or when he is subbed off. Bizarre behaviour from a bunch of wetboys who have ICT as their small team whilst they "support" Arsenal and Man City etc.

Richie Foran once said that the Caley Thistle fans were the worst fans he ever played in-front of.  I'd imagine Polworth would agree.  A large minority of our fans and the vast majority of the 'Young Team' are absolute idiots.

Richie Foran once said that the Caley Thistle fans were the worst fans he ever played in-front of.  I'd imagine Polworth would agree.  A large minority of our fans and the vast majority of the 'Young Team' are absolute idiots.

Did he really say that? Seems to me most ICT fans are fairly reasonable.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Did he really say that? Seems to me most ICT fans are fairly reasonable.

Awe shucks

(flutters lashes)

Unfortunately there's a sizeable coterie with crusty craniums who echo negativety with every transmittal.

There's a zoomer behind me, actually there's more than one, and every game it's like Deliverance when an opposition player grabs a metre or two at a throw in.

There's an urgency, volume and coarseness to their language that is not a little wearisome.

There's also spittle and phlegm.

Thing is, I've been watching football for just a few years now and I'll be damned if I can remember a time when a player didn't try to be as positive as possible in these circumstances.

If they can't countenance this continuing truism, there's little hope for them in appreciating the nuance and beauty of Polworth's best attributes.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Richie Foran was a root.

Was hearing yesterday, we’re going to attempt to sign Rory McAllister on a part time deal.

Edit - We've signed a striker called Jamie McDonald apparently (not the keeper!).  Seemingly he's from Warrington Town.

Edited by Highland Capital

Rory McAllister was appalling for us ten years ago, hopefully he'll be better now.

We've signed a striker called Jamie McDonald apparently (not the keeper!).  Seemingly he's from Warrington Town.

Signing rugby league players, interesting new tactic.