"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd rather have a back four of Danny Devine and three of his clones than have to play McHattie once.

We haven't conceded a goal in the 5 minutes that McHattie played on Saturday whilst we conceded two when he was on the bench #Rock #Resolute

Please tell me that is a joke regarding Tade!! 

I would rather have Jake Mulraney than him.    No disrespect to Tade but we need to stop mentioning ex players and just making up that we are linked with them.   The only reason I would take back Jake is because he is younger than the others being touted plus deserves a chance to get his career back on track. 

Anyway, any news yet on who the trialists are ;)? 

Chris Erskine worth a look at? 

Edited by Caley Shaun

I'm not a fan in general of looking backwards, but I did really like Tade when he was with us.  He was strong, he was fast, he was hard working, he was versatile (a better winger than Mulraney anyway!) and after he left Scotland he seemed to have found the scoring touch in Romania.  I'd imagine he'd want more than we could offer, but I'd certainly be happy at his return.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm not a fan in general of looking backwards, but I did really like Tade when he was with us.  He was strong, he was fast, he was hard working, he was versatile (a better winger than Mulraney anyway!) and after he left Scotland he seemed to have found the scoring touch in Romania.  I'd imagine he'd want more than we could offer, but I'd certainly be happy at his return.

I agree with this. I thought you meant you would take him back to the shop. 

We need to find a solution to playing better and to the strengths with what we have. Such as youngsters full of running in McGregor & MacKay, give these lads a try and drop some of the jobbers who have had enough opportunity, introduce some movement up front and on the wings. 

We need to create more opportunities for the strikers but we cant do this when our midfield is constantly under pressure and out muscled. Find a way to allow our creative talent like Doran to play more (its a gamble as he may be done but on his day he is probably our best player if he can find form). The only way to do this is to sign someone more solid and aggressive in the middle of the park. While I'd like to keep Polly til end of season we have to accept that if he agrees a PCA and if its possible shift him on this month then  it might bring in a few quid and free up his wages for a player or even 2 (on deals or loans).

I'd like to say make wholesale changes, get rid of the dross and keep Polly but as our asset its the only way to enable some movement.

Every manager we’ve had since Butcher seems desperate to play Doran on the wing. Why? He’s very right footed so either needs to come inside and shoot or come narrower and link up with the central midfielders. Under Butcher he was used as a proper right winger, hugging the touch line and swinging crosses in. We need to use him like that again.

Doran hasn't the pace to play on the wing anymore, he should be brought into the middle of the park, but we cant do that right now as pairing him centrally with Polly would be so lightweight they would be steamrolled every game.

We need to find a solution to playing better and to the strengths with what we have. Such as youngsters full of running in McGregor & MacKay, give these lads a try and drop some of the jobbers who have had enough opportunity, introduce some movement up front and on the wings. 
We need to create more opportunities for the strikers but we cant do this when our midfield is constantly under pressure and out muscled. Find a way to allow our creative talent like Doran to play more (its a gamble as he may be done but on his day he is probably our best player if he can find form). The only way to do this is to sign someone more solid and aggressive in the middle of the park. While I'd like to keep Polly til end of season we have to accept that if he agrees a PCA and if its possible shift him on this month then  it might bring in a few quid and free up his wages for a player or even 2 (on deals or loans).
I'd like to say make wholesale changes, get rid of the dross and keep Polly but as our asset its the only way to enable some movement.

Not just aiming this at you but the hype that surrounds MacKay is ridiculous. He had a great couple of sub appearances at the end of last season but in reality he isn’t very good. He may well become a good/very good player for us but he is not ready to play just now.

His control is poor, far too lightweight and his finishing seems average as well.

Needs a loan away to Elgin or somewhere to toughen him up.

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Both.  Garbage when used wide though.

Able to step up to the top half of the top flight?

Now seems to be confirmed we've offered him a contract.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

He certainly managed it for a few years previously with relative ease.

I wonder what the mouth breathers that boo his every move will make of his upward trajectory?

Imagine booing a man of the match award announcement!  

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're apparently interested in Liam Polworth.

Does he play as a "10" or can he play further back?

We've been playing 4-2-3-1 just to get the best out of him. He plays in the middle of the 3 but comes deep to look for the ball. At his best when he's driving forward into space before releasing a well-timed through ball. He's assisted the majority of our goals over the past  18 months. 

His range of passing is limited and his shooting is usually pretty poor.  All attempts to push him wide or deep in a different system have failed.