"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I really hope John Robertson does not make too many signings and instead gives the youngsters a chance. 

I would be happy with 3-4 signings, a left back possibly, a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker. 

I see that we are linked with Kevin McHattie, Yoan Arquin, Jack Storer and now Jai Quitongo.  Not sure how true these rumours are as they cone from cto forum lol. 

3 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Jack Storer :lol:

You don’t want him to make too many signings but you want him to sign 3 or 4? That’s all we were ever going to sign, if that. We are crying out for a few signings.

IMO we badly need at least three new players.  And by new players I mean players who'd walk straight into the starting XI.  We need a proper striker, a winger and a real bruiser in midfield.  If we don't get these,  we have no chance of promotion.

I see from yesterday (Boxing Day) P and J, we are close to a couple of new players so, I wonder who they are :). 

I also see from the Daily Record that Dundee have released Sofien Moussa so, is he worth a contract at us, he is a Striker after all, a position I believe we need cover in.  

The problem being there probably isn't anyone decent who will sign for the wages we can offer.  As another poster said, Calder's and OFW's wages (£1800 a week btw) should get us 3 players.  Probably 3 players not good enough to get us promoted though however.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The problem being there probably isn't anyone decent who will sign for the wages we can offer.  As another poster said, Calder's and OFW's wages (£1800 a week btw) should get us 3 players.  Probably 3 players not good enough to get us promoted though however.

Aye Robbo has said we are in the market of offering players around £600 a week max so if we can get three players in we will be doing well as most still think Inverness is somewhere near the Arctic and it takes them 7 weeks to get there so they keep turning down moves. 

Agreed with the comment about that we need a goal scorer not just another striker. If you could merge Oakley, White and Austin together you'd have a baller striker but all three are just a bit meh. A striker that plays off the shoulder of the defender would be good rather than a back to goal hold up style forward. McHattie will be in as the LB and you'd imagine that if we could move Polworth on in January then we probably will.

It's full on austerity at ICT these days and a harsh reminder to some of our fans who actually thought relegation would be a good thing for the club a couple of seasons back...

ETA: Just spotted that someone is saying that we try and sign Moussa off Dundee. Get a fucking grip.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

It's full on austerity at ICT these days and a harsh reminder to some of our fans who actually thought relegation would be a good thing for the club a couple of seasons back...

Which in itself is a harsh reminder that the vast majority of ICT fans are utter morons.

12 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I see from yesterday (Boxing Day) P and J, we are close to a couple of new players so, I wonder who they are :). 

I also see from the Daily Record that Dundee have released Sofien Moussa so, is he worth a contract at us, he is a Striker after all, a position I believe we need cover in.  

We don't need cover up front, what we really need is the total opposite - a proper finisher. 

Oakley tries hard and links up quite well but he isn't a goalscorer, Austin was on fire at the end of last season but hasn't even looked half that player this season.  White is just garbage.

Yep, Austin was brilliant for the last 10 or so games last season.  Did he not score something like 8 in 10?  It's now like he's forgotten what football is. 

Way back in the day Derek Adams wanted to sign him, but Falkirk (!) paid a fee and he decided to pass. Always thought he had something about him.

Incidentally, I overheard a couple of ICT players (one about 6ft, with magnificent hair?) talking about McRorie of Rangers. Apparently he’s going to start in the OF game and somebody else is not happy at all about being dropped completely. File this along with my Garry Wood /Stuart Golabek/Starbucks exclusive.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Way back in the day Derek Adams wanted to sign him, but Falkirk (!) paid a fee and he decided to pass. Always thought he had something about him.

Incidentally, I overheard a couple of ICT players (one about 6ft, with magnificent hair?) talking about McRorie of Rangers. Apparently he’s going to start in the OF game and somebody else is not happy at all about being dropped completely. File this along with my Garry Wood /Stuart Golabek/Starbucks exclusive.

Could be Tam Walsh?  He appears to be letting his hair grow out a bit, and he is a huge Current as well.  In fact he probably played with McRorie in the Sevco youth sides.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Could be Tam Walsh?  He appears to be letting his hair grow out a bit, and he is a huge Current as well.  In fact he probably played with McRorie in the Sevco youth sides.

Tam FTP Walsh you mean.

Any word on the 2 potential new signings that we are close to, hopefully one of them is a player that can actually score!!? 

Hopefully we get OFW, Angus Beith and any other player that does not get games and invest their wages on players that can make us a force in the 2nd half of the season. 

This next month is will determine if Mr Robertson is worthy of keeping his job beyond this season and, I for one, hope he proves to us that he deserves another season!