"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

It's all kicking off about the club not appointing a Supporters Liaison Officer apparently.

Forgive me, but I got bored during the first paragraph and gave up at "intimated".

Spare us from shop stupid / people's front of Judea wind bags.

One doesn't need to be sharp to see the grinding of an axe.

Forgive me, but I got bored during the first paragraph and gave up at "intimated".
Spare us from shop stupid / people's front of Judea wind bags.
One doesn't need to be sharp to see the grinding of an axe.

I believe Caley D is throwing his toys out of the pram again because someone else at the club as the audacity to have a different opinion from him.

The Supporter Trust, or whatever it is called, is only there to make people like him pretend to feel important.

I don't even think that most of the moderators on CTO are that interested in football. When there's a polemic to be written about the board / our younger fans / the ownership of the club etc. they're all over it, but when it comes to matters on the pitch there's barely a peep from them.

I guess some of that comes from them not being dyed-in-the-wool ICT fans: something that for them cannot be innate due to their ages and the relative age of the club. RIG is the honourable exception, he fucking loves football and the Caley.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

Yep I think most of the ‘big hitters’ on CTO probably didn’t go to their first ICT game until the mid 2000’s.  

You’re talking folk well into their 40’s and 50’s. Not fans who are younger than the club itself.  And indeed,  never a word from them in a match day thread or anything to do with the actual team.

7 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I don't even think that most of the moderators on CTO are that interested in football. When there's a polemic to be written about the board / our younger fans / the ownership of the club etc. they're all over it, but when it comes to matters on the pitch there's barely a peep from them.

I guess some of that comes from them not being dyed-in-the-wool ICT fans: something that for them cannot be innate due to their ages and the relative age of the club. RIG is the honourable exception, he fucking loves football and the Caley.

tenor.gif?itemid=4243547

I'm a bit ignorant to all this but why do we really need an SLO?  My understanding is the only legitimate reason is that it brings the club up to a silver standard and they'd thus get more money from the governing bodies.  But what would they *actually* do?  Sounds like the Supporter's Trust are making mountains out of molehills.

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm a bit ignorant to all this but why do we really need an SLO?  My understanding is the only legitimate reason is that it brings the club up to a silver standard and they'd thus get more money from the governing bodies.  But what would they *actually* do?  Sounds like the Supporter's Trust are making mountains out of molehills.

It allows the media relations "officer" to do even less than they currently do.  Our muppet (who has started to get their act together very recently but only just) passes almost all of the promotional work over to Kenny, our SLO.  Kenny's a good guy, and actually does a better job at promoting the club than the club does, but he shouldn't have to.

That said, as incompetent as the club's marketing and media relations is, communications with the fans has markedly improved with the SLO.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It allows the media relations "officer" to do even less than they currently do.  Our muppet (who has started to get their act together very recently but only just) passes almost all of the promotional work over to Kenny, our SLO.  Kenny's a good guy, and actually does a better job at promoting the club than the club does, but he shouldn't have to.

That said, as incompetent as the club's marketing and media relations is, communications with the fans has markedly improved with the SLO.

If the SLO role is taken seriously it can have a lot of positives for the club and probably also the supporters. It provides a good conduit but it needs the right person or people in the role and everyone to be on board with what to expect out of it.  The appointment of an SLO is compulsory for clubs at Gold and Silver Licensing level but is only considered "best practice" and not mandatory at Bronze or Entry level. We're a Bronze club so we don't have to have one (although we are Gold on the Finance & Admin section which would drop to Bronze if we didn't have an SLO). However, we decided to have one and I have to say it's working very well. We had an individual SLO to begin with and she did a good job but it's a lot of work for one person. When she resigned we moved to an SLO committee of 4 reasonably high profile fans (a couple of whom post on here from time to time). They are doing a terrific job in a number of roles, including running the club's social media accounts now and promoting events which foster good relations between fans groups and the club itself.

Edited by Skyline Drifter