"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Belladrum was 2-4 so it’s passed.
I have searched for music and events in Inverness on Aug 11 and I just can’t find anything at all. 
Is it really just a case that 3 Premier Inns in Inverness are fully booked because it’s a Saturday in August and it’s simply tourists? If so that’s damn impressive for the city....

Pretty much yeah! Same every year.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Is he any good?  Is that the guy who was at County a few years back?

Yes , he played in 3 of the 4 games v ICT last season and scored in two of them ! Stubbs doesn't fancy him for some reason !

Just heard that Alan Hercher has sadly passed away. Rip Caley legend. 
I had heard whisperings of this last weekend. Awful news indeed and it sounds very sudden by all accounts. Dreadful stuff.

One of my earliest ICT memories was us beating Livingston 3-2 at Telford Street with Hercher grabbing the winner after Livi had pegged us back at 2-2.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

I had heard whisperings of this last weekend. Awful news indeed and it sounds very sudden by all accounts. Dreadful stuff.

One of my earliest ICT memories was us beating Livingston 3-2 at Telford Street with Hercher grabbing the winner after Livi had pegged us back at 2-2.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP Hercher, a real legend.  52 is no age.

2 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

Jeezo, I hated Alan Hercher when I was a dumb kid in the 90s, because he was a good player and a rival.
I hope I've grown up a lot since then, and remember him fondly now, 52 is too young. Sad news.

Thing is, we got him from you lot in 1986. Apparently he was born in Dingwall, although we always thought he was from Beauly. Played shinty as well as fitba.

12 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Thing is, we got him from you lot in 1986. Apparently he was born in Dingwall, although we always thought he was from Beauly. Played shinty as well as fitba.

Aye? I thought he was Beauly as well. Maybe born in Ross Memorial then grew up in Beauly?

In hindsight, hard to begrudge him moving from the County team of the mid 80s!  Think we were mid-table in his last season with us before Caley, then rock bottom the season after with Caley pushing for the title.  

Edited by dingdong1929

This is so sad.  One off my all time favourite Caley players.  Saw him on his debut for Caley in a pre season friendly against Cowdenbeath.  He scored twice in a 5-0 win at Telford Street.  He has to be one of the highest goal scoring midfielders in the more recent years of the Highland League and was Caleys Scottish Cup talisman in season 1991-92, scoring against Stenhousemuir, Clyde and a cool penalty v St Johnstone.  It’s an aside, but his uncle, John Henry Hercher, ran my local, the Balblair Ferry Inn in the Black Isle,  where I was brought up.

RIP Alan, Caley legend and forever a hero 

Edited by PRS