"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

12 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Does anyone actually read the posts on CTO. Recently I have been deliberately defensive of the club - in the pursuit of entertainment - and there have been loads of negatives fired back. in fact I would say that 60% of the posters on CTO are making negative statements about the club on and off the pitch. Plus there are probably 10 x more posts now on CTO in comparison with P&B.

Not sure it's true to suggest that that the negative posts are equally critical of the club/team on and off the pitch. At the moment, criticism on CTO seems disproportionately aimed at the club as an institution, and how it's 'not doing enough' to 'attract the fans', rather at the obvious deficiencies that a good end to last season masked - a serious lack of pace and strength in the centre of midfield, and lack of width in the formation (which you, to be fair, did mention after the  Hearts game). Obviously there's room for improvement in both areas, but the latter is obviously easier to address, and would have a positive impact on the former. Yet somehow, criticism of the team and team management seems less acceptable than criticism of the board. I'm a fan of Robertson, by the way, and I know next to fucking nothing about Graham Rae and the ICT board, so I've no agenda here - I just think there's an inconsistency and an impracticality in a lot of the complaining that goes on.      

Good post Mary. There is evidently a CJT orientated revolution going on and quips about bouncy castles, face painting, exotic food etc are in themselves entertaining.  There has always been a Happy Clapper versus Critic challenge on CTO with the clappers often crying to Admin and the critics bowing out. I would say, that apart from when I am trolling, I provide both sides of the coin in regard to performances on the pitch. Lets face it if as "ordinary" punters can see the faults then Robbo and company should as well. I will go to the very poorly populated ICT posted Falkirk v ICT thread with my suggestions about the team formation and personnel.

14 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Don’t know why everyone is so worried. We’ve just stuck 16 past Fort William. Get that parade in May booked now.

02/12/2017 - Brora Rangers 16 Fort William 0

July 2018 - Rothes 11 Fort William 1

BUT I suppose that they were at home !!

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
Wrong score

The Olde Inverness section on CTO is about the only one I read now too.  And that's dried up somewhat since Charlie Bannerman took his leave of absence from the site.

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Heard on Saturday that we’re trying to sign Don Cowie. County are keen too though seemingly and you’d imagine he’d go there instead.

:lol:

There's no chance we'll be getting him in, especially if Ro$$ Bounty are sniffing around.

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Heard on Saturday that we’re trying to sign Don Cowie. County are keen too though seemingly and you’d imagine he’d go there instead.

You should take those anti-psychotics regularly. Your voices are evidently problematic at the moment.

46 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

There was rumours on Saturday in Dingwall that he was actually going to Brora.:lol:

That may not be a bad shout !!

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Heard on Saturday that we’re trying to sign Don Cowie. 

Never forgave him for the way he coasted through the first half of a relegation season. He knew he was getting his move and just kept himself safe until the window opened. 

2 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

Never forgave him for the way he coasted through the first half of a relegation season. He knew he was getting his move and just kept himself safe until the window opened. 

Plus his dad used to wind up the Caley fans.

14 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Is there a festival on in Inverness on Saturday? Reading on an Ayr page someone going on about all the hotels being booked out for a festival. Although when I search I can’t find anything listed for Inverness on 11th August.... 

Belladrum 2018 is a memory but even without a specific event it's the case that hotel rooms are at a premium at this time of year.

There has been a step change in room rates recently and proprietors are coining it big style.

30 minutes ago, sophia said:

Belladrum 2018 is a memory but even without a specific event it's the case that hotel rooms are at a premium at this time of year.

There has been a step change in room rates recently and proprietors are coining it big style.

Belladrum was 2-4 so it’s passed.

I have searched for music and events in Inverness on Aug 11 and I just can’t find anything at all. 

Is it really just a case that 3 Premier Inns in Inverness are fully booked because it’s a Saturday in August and it’s simply tourists? If so that’s damn impressive for the city....

Edited by Calayrdonia