"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

12 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I'm sure it was a North of Scotland Cup game against Wick and he was sent up with the under 19s.

Yeah that sounds about right. Anyway, he was no loss and was replaced by the far more gentlemanly and stylish Roman Golobart, who was fine except for his habit of scoring own goals every second game.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Been very impressed by Tam Walsh so far.

Agreed, he looks very good and more importantly looks like he will get better the more games he plays.

I have seen Rooney twice now and the same cannot be said for him. I would be starting McCart and putting McKay out to RB.

33 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Connor Bell any good? 

Lightweight and insipid forward who became increasingly ineffective as last season played out.

Maybe that's harsh as there were signs earlier that he would flourish.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Lightweight and insipid forward who became increasingly ineffective as last season played out.

Maybe that's harsh as there were signs earlier that he would flourish.

Sounds like a good signing for us then :( 

55 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Connor Bell any good? 

I liked him.

He started the season very well but was struggling to make the bench for the last few months, as he seemed to go right off the boil.

If it wasn't for the emergence of Daniel MacKay I would have like to see him stay as an option off the bench but nothing more.

I also liked Connor Bell but it's fair to say that he didn't maintain his decent start and by the end of the season was behind Oakley, Austin and Mckay in the pecking order.  Now that we've signed White he'd have been even further down.

He's a hard working player, ran the channels well and showed that he could finish in the first half of the season.  We did well with a 4-4-2 with him up front with Baird - they stretched the opposition with a lot of running and pressing the opposition but neither were really goalscorers (Baird certainly isn't).  Maybe Baird put a word in for Bell on his loan spell.

I also liked Connor Bell as well. His partnership with Baird was a key reason behind our run of decent form after a torrid start. Extremely hard working he'll do a power of defensive work as well as buzzing across the front line as well. Unfortunately he lost his starting spot and the form of Oakley and Austin made it very difficult to get back in the starting XI and he didn't do much to impress when coming on as a sub. I think we offered him a new deal but he wanted more cash and we obviously didn't feel he was worth it so let him go.

He started and finished one of our goals of the season when we beat Dundee United 2 - 0 at Tannadice. Suspect he will do not too bad for Morton TBH but don't expect him to be a prolific goal scorer.

I had a wee venture over to CTO post match to see what folks were saying and surprise surprise the happy clappers are back in droves. The same people who’d be dancing in the streets had we managed to go through are delighted we’re out of the League Cup when it was almost certainly easier to go through. It genuinely seems that some people will never criticise the club ever.

Edited by Highland Capital

18 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I don’t post on it, but I had a wee venture over to CTO post match to see what folks were saying and surprise surprise the happy clappers are back in droves. The same people who’d be dancing in the streets had we managed to go through are delighted we’re out of the league when it was almost certainly easier to go through. It genuinely seems that some people will never criticise the club ever.

Should this drivel not be on the Domestic Cup forum ?

I think ICT are the only club in world football where it's frowned upon to say anything negative about the club either online or in person.  Like the club is somehow immune to criticism and everyone should find the positive side of every situation the club finds itself in, or result the team has.

Does anyone actually read the posts on CTO. Recently I have been deliberately defensive of the club - in the pursuit of entertainment - and there have been loads of negatives fired back. in fact I would say that 60% of the posters on CTO are making negative statements about the club on and off the pitch. Plus there are probably 10 x more posts now on CTO in comparison with P&B.

6 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Does anyone actually read the posts on CTO. Recently I have been deliberately defensive of the club - in the pursuit of entertainment - and there have been loads of negatives fired back. in fact I would say that 60% of the posters on CTO are making negative statements about the club on and off the pitch. Plus there are probably 10 x more posts now on CTO in comparison with P&B.

i just avoid it altogether now after a small altercation with a vest wearing roid head. 

i just avoid it altogether now after a small altercation with a vest wearing roid head. 

I noticed him the other day saying that the burgers at the stadium weren’t good enough - not McDonald’s standard!

McDonald’s burgers probably have barely any meat in them!

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I noticed him the other day saying that the burgers at the stadium weren’t good enough - not McDonald’s standard!

McDonald’s burgers probably have barely any meat in them!

DOH - Exactly what I have been pointing out - that was sarcasm - DOH

11 hours ago, Oats said:

Altercations should only make you more prepared to take the pisshhh.