"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

The last one of our players to be sent off for headbutting an opposition player was Owain Tudur Jones, I believe.
Yon boy about 7 ft tall??

4 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The last one of our players to be sent off for headbutting an opposition player was Owain Tudur Jones, I believe.

I remember that.  It was against Aberdeen as I recall.  I also recall reading someone on CTO saying he was right to do it. :huh:

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I remember that.  It was against Aberdeen as I recall.  I also recall reading someone on CTO saying he was right to do it. :huh:

It was against Kilmarnock. A proper one as well, not just a tickle. He was subsequently booed off the pitch by the Main Stand.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally agree, we don't need this type of player, no room for thuggery with us.

Problem is that if he has a short temper then experienced opponents will exploit it.

Anybody know what caused the headbutting.

As far as I remember he was sent off twice for us, both for second yellows but slightly odd circumstances.

For the first one against Livi, he tweeted afterwards he forgot he'd been booked when he made the foul for the second yellow. Seriously.

For the second one against Aberdeen, he got booked for a fairly legit tackle then got an immediate second yellow for moaning about it. TBF I'd probably call John Beaton all the p***ks under the sun as well.

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

As far as I remember he was sent off twice for us, both for second yellows but slightly odd circumstances.

For the first one against Livi, he tweeted afterwards he forgot he'd been booked when he made the foul for the second yellow. Seriously.

For the second one against Aberdeen, he got booked for a fairly legit tackle then got an immediate second yellow for moaning about it. TBF I'd probably call John Beaton all the p***ks under the sun as well.

I noticed that a few years ago he broke his cheekbone in four places after being punched by Martin Scott in training, and that got me wondering whether he has a bit of a dodgy temperament. 

I mean clearly, Scott is a cock-eyed County weirdo who punches out shop windows when he catches his own reflection in them,  but all the same, do you remember anything that suggested that Welsh is a would-be hard man who's likely to get himself sent off unnecessarily on a regular basis?   

1 minute ago, alternative maryhill said:

I noticed that a few years ago he broke his cheekbone in four places after being punched by Martin Scott in training, and that got me wondering whether he has a bit of a dodgy temperament. 

I mean clearly, Scott is a cock-eyed County weirdo who punches out shop windows when he catches his own reflection in them,  but all the same, do you remember anything that suggested that Welsh is a would-be hard man who's likely to get himself sent off unnecessarily on a regular basis?   

Nah. TBH I'm more surprised he isn't out for 2 months with a fractured skull if he's stuck the head on someone.

It was against Kilmarnock. A proper one as well, not just a tickle. He was subsequently booed off the pitch by the Main Stand.

He got sent off against Aberdeen for halfing Ryan Fraser, a hilariously bad tackle amplified by the fact that OTJ is 6ft 14 inches tall and Ryan Fraser is shorter than Warwick Davis.

17 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally agree, we don't need this type of player, no room for thuggery with us.

Problem is that if he has a short temper then experienced opponents will exploit it.

Anybody know what caused the headbutting.

This is a bit rich considering we employed Ross Tokely for 16 years....

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

According to today's Courier he made  dressing room apology to the Caley players for his unavailabilty due his two match ban, what a feckin start and a first that I've known in all these years of following football.

Possibly rivalled by Tom Aldred apparently having a massive hissy fit when asked to play a reserve friendly against - was it Brora again, or Wick Academy? - and having his contract torn up by Butcher four games into the season.

13 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Possibly rivalled by Tom Aldred apparently having a massive hissy fit when asked to play a reserve friendly against - was it Brora again, or Wick Academy? - and having his contract torn up by Butcher four games into the season.

I'm sure it was a North of Scotland Cup game against Wick and he was sent up with the under 19s.