"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

And people think we are going to win the league :lol: We must have one of the post powderpuff midfields going. Draper and Vigurs will eat Chalmers and Trafford for breakfast.

Edited by RiG

The saving grace for us is that guys like Doran, Polworth and Tremarco are as good or better than anything else in the league, having played at a higher level for many years.  We just need to learn to actually score when we're on top of teams a bit more, and I think we'll be just fine. 

McCart and Donaldson at centre half fills me with hope also.  As the former has beefed up a lot since he was here in 16-17 and was excellent on Friday night.  Very dominant assistant the Nairn County long ball and big strikers.   Ditto Donaldson on Saturday,   he had the cigars out like he did for most of last season.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The saving grace for us is that guys like Doran, Polworth and Tremarco are as good or better than anything else in the league, having played at a higher level for many years.  We just need to learn to actually score when we're on top of teams a bit more, and I think we'll be just fine. 

McCart and Donaldson at centre half fills me with hope also.  As the former has beefed up a lot since he was here in 16-17 and was excellent on Friday night.  Very dominant assistant the Nairn County long ball and big strikers.   Ditto Donaldson on Saturday,   he had the cigars out like he did for most of last season.

Good to hear. I think we still need a horrible b*****d midfielder in there though to disrupt the opposition. Vigurs was good at that when he could be arsed last season although not as good as Draper. I don't rate Trafford myself. He has a lot of the similar qualities as Draper, Tansey and OTJ without being as good as any of them. Chalmers is too weak to dominate the middle of the pitch. Austin coming onto a good game last season was encouraging as well. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Good to hear. I think we still need a horrible b*****d midfielder in there though to disrupt the opposition. Vigurs was good at that when he could be arsed last season although not as good as Draper. I don't rate Trafford myself. He has a lot of the similar qualities as Draper, Tansey and OTJ without being as good as any of them. Chalmers is too weak to dominate the middle of the pitch. Austin coming onto a good game last season was encouraging as well. 

Yep our centre midfield is very skillful, but not very strong.  There's something very beta about them.  As in never lifted a weight in their life.  A horrific way to live.

31 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Just back home and got my season card in but when I tried to activate my account as per the instructions on the back of the letter I don't get the club site coming up, anybody had the same?

There is a typo in the address they provide in the letter. This is the correct link:

https://ictfc.tickethour.co.uk

Just pop in your registered email address per the letter and the temporary password and you should be fine.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Just back home and got my season card in but when I tried to activate my account as per the instructions on the back of the letter I don't get the club site coming up, anybody had the same?

48 minutes ago, RiG said:

There is a typo in the address they provide in the letter. This is the correct link:

https://ictfc.tickethour.co.uk

Just pop in your registered email address per the letter and the temporary password and you should be fine.

On the other hand, you can expect a visit from ICE within the hour.

One type of player we really need is a nails-for-breakfast-style midfielder.  Ian Black, Ross Draper, Russell Duncan type to break up play.  Tim Chow looks the sort who'd be more suited to the Dutch or Spanish leagues to be honest.  Neat and tidy in possession, but couldn't insert himself on a bag of crisps.

You really have to question who is in charge of recruitment at the club

Anyone who seriously thinks Chow could fill Vigurs boots probably needs sectioned

And if there is any truth in this Brechin defender then I have grave fears for the club this coming season 

There is no money but there is still hope all be it dwindling

Do people genuinely believe we are looking to bring in a Brechin CB to be first choice?

We need depth in defence and checking out players in the league below is the only way we are going to get that. The reality is that nobody of a decent standard is going to want to come up here and get paid peanuts to sit on the bench.

1 hour ago, Life Support Machine said:

You really have to question who is in charge of recruitment at the club

Anyone who seriously thinks Chow could fill Vigurs boots probably needs sectioned

And if there is any truth in this Brechin defender then I have grave fears for the club this coming season 

There is no money but there is still hope all be it dwindling

Chow and Vigurs are totally different players.  Vigurs is much, much better, but I really doubt Tim Chow is being signed as a direct replacement.  

Chow's a box-to-box guy with limited (if non-existent) passing ability.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Jamie McCart and Coll Donaldson will be our centre halves.  With Tremarco at left back and McKay at right back.

Hopefully this Rooney guy turns out to be decent (not heard anything good so far) as that gives me the fear.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Hopefully this Rooney guy turns out to be decent (not heard anything good so far) as that gives me the fear.

He was decent going forward on Saturday against Clach, didn't really have much defending to do as most of their attacks came down our left.

For fuck sake, just ventured onto CTO and there's a few on there saying they're going to sign up to P&B.  Just some advance warning lads.

For fuck sake, just ventured onto CTO and there's a few on there saying they're going to sign up to P&B.  Just some advance warning lads.
The mods here abit more level headed. They won't like that

1 hour ago, Oats said:

yeah man, dunno about the rest but i had enough of that vest wearing retard spouting his shite so sacked it off. Sorry if that fucks with your agenda @TheScarf

He writes like he's pretending to be an early 2000s rapper - 'boi', 'kewl' etc.  Also seems to think Mutombo was some kind of footballing genius and Salford City are 'glamorous'. :huh:

2 hours ago, Oats said:

yeah man, dunno about the rest but i had enough of that vest wearing retard spouting his shite so sacked it off. Sorry if that fucks with your agenda @TheScarf

^^^ reported

Welcome to P&B m9 :angel