"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Any ICT fans with stats on the clubs' top premier league/ Premiership scorers?   @TheScarf  has provided a few names, and I've looked up numbers, but not sure how accurate it is..

Billy McKay - 58

Greg Tansey - 25

Craig Dargo - 26

Adam Rooney - 20

Miles Storey - 11

Dennis Wyness - 14

If anyone has a comprehensive list please bring it to here...

Here is a list of goals scored by every ICT player in the top flight.

Billy McKay (F) 58
Craig Dargo (F) 26
Ritchie Foran (F) 25
Greg Tansey (M) 25
Barry Wilson (M) 21
Adam Rooney (F) 20
Andrew Shinnie (M) 19
Aaron Doran Cogan (M) 18
Graham Bayne (F) 15
Ross Draper (M) 14
Dennis Wyness (F) 14
Jonny Hayes (M) 13
Don Cowie (M) 12
Ross Tokely (D) 12
Craig Brewster (F) 11
Miles Storey (F) 11
Gary Warren (D) 11
Nick Ross (M) 10
Liam Polworth (M) 10
Ryan Christie (M) 10
Grant Munro (D) 9
Gregory Tade (F) 9
John Rankin (M) 9
Ian Black (M) 8
Marley Watkins (F) 8
Marius Niculae (F) 8
Alex Fisher (F) 8
Iain Vigurs (M) 8
Russell Duncan (M) 7
Roy McBain (M) 7
Darren Dods (D) 7
Juanjo (F) 7
Josh Meekings (D) 6
Graeme Shinnie (D) 6
Dougie Imrie (F) 6
Carl Tremarco (D) 6
David Proctor (D) 5
Edward Ofere (F) 5
Eric Odhiambo (F) 5
Lonsana Doumbouya (F) 5
James Vincent (M) 4
Liam Fox (M) 4
Danny Williams (M) 4
David Raven (D) 3
Alan Morgan (M) 3
Rory McAllister (F) 3
Shane Sutherland (F) 3
Filipe Morais (M) 3
Richard Hart (M) 3
Markus Paatelainen (M) 3
Stuart McCaffrey (D) 2
Conor Pepper (M) 2
Andrew Barrowman (F) 2
Bryan Prunty (F) 2
Steve Williams (D) 2
Roman Golobart (D) 2
Daniel Devine (D) 2
Jordan Roberts (M) 2
Garry Wood (F) 2
Owain Tudur Jones (M) 2
Chris Innes (D) 1
Guy Kerr (M) 1
Pavels Mihadjuks (D) 1
Phil McGuire (D) 1
Scott Boden (F) 1
Philip Roberts (F) 1
Stuart Golabek (D) 1
Lewis Horner (M) 1
Larnell Cole (M) 1
Richard Hastings (D) 1
Lee Cox (M) 1
Dani Lopez (F) 1
David Davis (M) 1
Brad McKay (D) 1
Stuart Duff (M) 1
Dani Sanchez (M) 1
Alex MacDonald (F) 1
Billy King (M) 1
Kevin McCann (M) 1

I mind Steve Williams was the boy on loan from Bradford City. Did his 2 not come at home to Rangers? We lost 4 or 5-2 I seem to recall. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I mind Steve Williams was the boy on loan from Bradford City. Did his 2 not come at home to Rangers? We lost 4 or 5-2 I seem to recall. 

He scored in a 4-1 home loss to Rangers, just after they went into administration, and in a 4-3 defeat against Kilmarnock.

A few blasts from the past.   Alex Fisher should've been on the double figures list, if he'd been played regularly I think we could've avoided relegation. 

Stuart Golabek's only goal was the first ever ICT goal in the top flight, against Dunfermline at Pittodrie.

Roman Golobart scored more own goals than he did goals (3 ogs to 2 goals, in only 22 games).

Itg seems like Marley Watkins scored more goals than he did, same with Marius Niculae.

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Mulraney is probably the fastest player I've ever seen playing for us, he just doesn't seem to utilise his pace effectively.  That could be because he's too raw, or that he's not had managers who know how to use him or it could be that he isn't good enough.

^^^

Doesn't remember Wilsie Robertson

I think his son got released.

I have to wonder about all that the club are making of the 'Class of 18'.  We routinely sign this number of kids on professional contracts then loan them out to Highland League teams for development, then release them.  Are we planning to do the same with these lads?  I'd expect Daniel Mackay to be in the first team squad, maybe Jack Brown and Kieran Chalmers.  Are we planning to throw all these lads into the first team squad or just do the usual and release them to get careers in the Highland League?  Making such a big thing of signing will look pretty stupid if we do that, so we probably will.  

Edited by ICTChris

I think his son got released.
I have to wonder about all that the club are making of the 'Class of 18'.  We routinely sign this number of kids on professional contracts then loan them out to Highland League teams for development, then release them.  Are we planning to do the same with these lads?  I'd expect Daniel Mackay to be in the first team squad, maybe Jack Brown and Kieran Chalmers.  Are we planning to throw all these lads into the first team squad or just do the usual and release them to get careers in the Highland League?  Making such a big thing of signing will look pretty stupid if we do that, so we probably will.  

It looks like it it's a PR exercise to be fair. Hopefully a few of them do make the grade though. Always good to have some home players coming through into the first team

I haven't been to many games this year but the Irn Brun cup final showed, I think, that Mackay is a legitimate first team squad member.  He came on and was clearly our most dangerous forward, the positions he took up and his use of the ball in just over ten minutes created more problems than Oakley or Bell did in the previous 80.  Which perhaps says more about Bell and Oakley than Mackay.

20 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It seems like Marley Watkins scored more goals than he did.

With Watkins that might be partly because he scored two or three vital cup goals.

IIRC, Kevin's McCann's only goal for us was an absolute Jimmy Ping in a 4-0 away win at Tannadice. We were glorious that day, 

I’m sure this is discussed elsewhere on this site but reserve teams have previously played in, and won, the North Caledonian League. It’s a much lower standard than the HL though.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1479420/caley-thistle-manager-john-robertson-seeking-quality-over-quantity-this-summer/

The headline is a bit of a meaningless statement (no-one ever says "we're looking for quantity over quality") but this close season is a marked contrast to last year, where we had our own banter years, crammed into a few months.  Be interesting to see if we bring in any more players, maybe some trialists in for pre-season.

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1479420/caley-thistle-manager-john-robertson-seeking-quality-over-quantity-this-summer/

The headline is a bit of a meaningless statement (no-one ever says "we're looking for quantity over quality") but this close season is a marked contrast to last year, where we had our own banter years, crammed into a few months.  Be interesting to see if we bring in any more players, maybe some trialists in for pre-season.

That's the most fun part of the summer.  Especially if your team, inexplicably, refuses to name them.  Sherlock Holmeseseses of the lower leagues unite!