"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

In the face of received wisdom that without Tulloch the Inverness football world would have stopped long ago, I was interested in a Savage angle.....

With a £6m contribution it seems we must all be grateful, but with a £1.5m tax saving, £2m stand rental, £2m for stadium naming & advertising and £10m for the worth of the land, there is scope to question the Tulloch largesse.

I don't know where the truth lies but here was me thinking that directors have a duty to their shareholders and to simply sink £6m doesn't seem to square.

I think Mr Robertson should start considering his future because on current form we are going down another division and tbh, he has been a disaster as manager and in the transfer window!! 

The club can't afford to sack him and tbh, I wouldn't want the club to suffer financially from sacking him but then, they may have to face the financial hit of another relegation if things don't improve drastically asap!! 

I believe that Mr Robertson has a history of resigning when things aren't going well, maybe Livingston fans can confirm this? 

So imho, Robertson has to resign then chairman has to appoint either Paul Sheerin or Danny Lennon! 

I think Mr Robertson should start considering his future because on current form we are going down another division and tbh, he has been a disaster as manager and in the transfer window!! 
The club can't afford to sack him and tbh, I wouldn't want the club to suffer financially from sacking him but then, they may have to face the financial hit of another relegation if things don't improve drastically asap!! 
I believe that Mr Robertson has a history of resigning when things aren't going well, maybe Livingston fans can confirm this? 

So imho, Robertson has to resign then chairman has to appoint either Paul Sheerin or Danny Lennon! 

Do you ever make it through a season without calling for the managers head?

Dumbarton will finish second bottom unless you have a complete meltdown.

Wouldn't put it past us but I don't think it will happen.

Our season is dead, hopefully pick up enough points to secure safety and then start giving a few of the younger players a run out.

• 3 weeks later...

Unacceptable behaviour......

There was certainly some last Saturday in the fair city and it's a great shame that reason escapes some when they can't hold their drink.

The battle on the pie stall stair and like a modern Laurel and Hardy, there they were.

l witnessed a tall glaiket specimen with wild and drink fuelled staring eyes squaring up to a self righteous boor who was either hiding a beachball up his shirt or is a year two from being morbidly obese.

Each had an urgency for their unique idea of justice which drove them to ludicrous places that I hope, now their hangovers have dissipated, brings them regret.

What is it with men and their need to over refresh?

Unacceptable behaviour......

There was certainly some last Saturday in the fair city and it's a great shame that reason escapes some when they can't hold their drink.

The battle on the pie stall stair and like a modern Laurel and Hardy, there they were.

l witnessed a tall glaiket specimen with wild and drink fuelled staring eyes squaring up to a self righteous boor who was either hiding a beachball up his shirt or is a year two from being morbidly obese.

Each had an urgency for their unique idea of justice which drove them to ludicrous places that I hope, now their hangovers have dissipated, brings them regret.

What is it with men and their need to over refresh?

I must’ve been a bit further forward in the queue than you, as the ruckus you refer to happened behind me. Not great behaviour but I’m not sure a club statement was needed.

On 30/03/2018 at 09:22, ICTChris said:

I must’ve been a bit further forward in the queue than you, as the ruckus you refer to happened behind me. Not great behaviour but I’m not sure a club statement was needed.

I'm not so sure.

The corollary of vile behaviour is more money spent on stewards and policing and less on players,

Highland No 1 .... was it your good self that administered the punch to the back of the head and would the Marquess

of Queensberry approve of such an unconventional, some may say cowardly, action?

On 31/03/2018 at 13:28, sophia said:

I'm not so sure.

The corollary of vile behaviour is more money spent on stewards and policing and less on players,

Highland No 1 .... was it your good self that administered the punch to the back of the head and would the Marquess

of Queensberry approve of such an unconventional, some may say cowardly, action?

Sophia,  I don’t know what you’re referring to but I would no nothing to do with me.

I have not been to any games this season and won’t be returning till next season at least due to health issues. But if you want to expand on  what it is. Please do..

57 minutes ago, Highland No 1 said:

Sophia,  I don’t know what you’re referring to but I would no nothing to do with me.

I have not been to any games this season and won’t be returning till next season at least due to health issues. But if you want to expand on  what it is. Please do..

I'm sorry to read that.

I hope the dactylitis clears up.

Given you left a mark on my post, i thought that perhaps you had a dog in the race.

Would you think that common assault is in the same postcode as that of acceptable behaviour in a football ground?

5 hours ago, sophia said:

I'm sorry to read that.

I hope the dactylitis clears up.

Given you left a mark on my post, i thought that perhaps you had a dog in the race.

Would you think that common assault is in the same postcode as that of acceptable behaviour in a football ground?

Definitely not. Sophia I searched through thread and found where I put a thumbs down remark, that was me trying to say this loutish behaviour was totally out of order. Sorry if my remark looked otherwise.

Edited by Highland No 1

I wonder which of the pumped up boors fancies himself as the natural heir and therefore the mouthpiece for CJT's voting rights?

I don't think it's the troll Barley Chatterman who is proving himself to be truly Daily Mailish unpleasant.

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

I wonder which of the pumped up boors fancies himself as the natural heir and therefore the mouthpiece for CJT's voting rights?

I don't think it's the troll Barley Chatterman who is proving himself to be truly Daily Mailish unpleasant.

Don't agree with some of the stuff you post but this is absolutely on the money. Currently reading CTO, specifically his posts, between my fingers. 

From the information I have we should have for next season (contract ends) - Mark Ridgers (2020), Gary Warren (2019),  Coll Donaldson (2020), Carl Tremarco (2020), Riccardo Calder (2019),  Liam Polworth (2019), Charlie Trafford (2020), Joe Chalmers (2019), Zak Elbouzedi (2019), Nathan Austin (2019), George Oakley (2019).

Out of contract - Ryan Esson, Stephen Foster, Brad McKay, Collin Seedorf,  Iain Vigurs, Aaron Doran, Jake Mulraney, Daniel MacKay, Conner Bell.

Out on loan - Owain Fon Williams (still contracted for another season), Daniel Hoban, Cameron MacKay and John Baird (contracts finish end of May)

Anyone missed out or any corrections?

Its difficult for me to assess the players out of contract whether I would prefer that they will be signed up for next season as I have seen very little football this season, though have heard positives about Daniel MacKay and that he is one for the future.

I’d keep Vigurs, Mackay and Bell.

I imagine Esson would sign a deal as he is our goalkeeping coach?

Undecided on Brad McKay and Seedorf. Would maybe keep one of them and try and get a better right back in.

10 hours ago, CityDave said:

From the information I have we should have for next season (contract ends) - Mark Ridgers (2020), Gary Warren (2019),  Coll Donaldson (2020), Carl Tremarco (2020), Riccardo Calder (2019),  Liam Polworth (2019), Charlie Trafford (2020), Joe Chalmers (2019), Zak Elbouzedi (2019), Nathan Austin (2019), George Oakley (2019).

Out of contract - Ryan Esson, Stephen Foster, Brad McKay, Collin Seedorf,  Iain Vigurs, Aaron Doran, Jake Mulraney, Daniel MacKay, Conner Bell.

Out on loan - Owain Fon Williams (still contracted for another season), Daniel Hoban, Cameron MacKay and John Baird (contracts finish end of May)

Anyone missed out or any corrections?

Its difficult for me to assess the players out of contract whether I would prefer that they will be signed up for next season as I have seen very little football this season, though have heard positives about Daniel MacKay and that he is one for the future.

Jack Brown (he came on in the 82nd when we lost 3-1 away to Falkirk in January and frankly made our assist of the season for Daniel Mackay, if there were such a thing) I think is out of contract at the end of season.

I know we've been hurt by a massive 4 year deal before but I'd be tempted with one for Mackay. Vigurs and Polworth have been linking really well and along with Donaldson are clearly our best players so hopefully a 1 year extension for Iain. Connor Bell who was our only vocal point for a while back in Oct/Nov is now starting on the bench and when an attacking change is made Daniel Mackay is preferred over him to come on,  though he got a start against Brechin at home and was very energetic but it's hard to tell against Brechin how good anyone is. Our strikers and play in the final 3rd is our biggest weakness when we're on the front foot, 1 or 2 needed in the summer so wouldn't be devastated to see Bell go. 

We desperately need a new RB, Seedorf has horrific positioning off the ball, just drifts off and Brad Mckay's crossing  is shocking from RB compared to David Raven especially, I'd be happy to keep him as a back up CB as he was good there during our clean sheet run and he has good passion for the club which is perhaps blinding me a little but I can't take the pain of him punting a ball into the South Stand turnstiles from deep any longer. 

Doran definitely going to be off to some English League 1 club soon or County I reckon as much as I'd love him to stay.

Ryan Esson as a coach in some aspect would be a nice touch if financially feesible, his bonkers performance in the Highland Derby match for Charity was a picture that painted a thousand words of his current ability. No idea if Cammy Mackay is good enough for Scotland or Inverness City. I'd like to keep Esson for fan morale to warm up in front of the travelling support purely for funsies.