"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

21 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Sounds like a certain ICT fan on this forum.....

Cheeky! :lol:

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

How are you guys looking ahead of the new season?  What would your best 11 be and the formation the manager is going with and who will be the key to your season?

Honestly? We look poor. Clearly a team in transition. I think ICTChris mentioned somewhere that we've signed about 10 new players so it's going to take a long time for them to bed in and under Robbo we've changed our formation as well from the 4-2-3-1 we have used for most of the last 5 years.

So far we've typically lined up along these lines:

Ridgers
Seedorf Mckay Warren Calder
Polworth Draper Vigurs Mulraney
Baird Oakley

Seedorf has looked the best signing by some distance so far whilst Baird and Oakley look like our most promising strike partnership. Most of the other signings have looked poor so far and there is still the potential for Draper to depart before the transfer window 'slams shut' which would be a big blow. Tremarco and Doran, probable first team selections, are both out until November apparently. Fon Williams and one other senior player have been told they are free to move on. Rumours are it is Raven who has been told he is free to leave.

With all these changes I will be staggered if we get promoted. Realistically I think sneaking into the play offs in 4th place is our best bet but I would not be at all shocked to see us miss out altogether. We've had a shocking close season, just read the thread for the details, and it's hard to really give much of a f**k just now given everything that's going on. A really stunning decline from the heights of the 2014/15 season.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

How are you guys looking ahead of the new season?  What would your best 11 be and the formation the manager is going with and who will be the key to your season?

You'll be signing Seedorf and Calder in January if that's the info you're looking for, and going by previous seasons.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:10, aftershocker said:

Don't try and compare the number of posts with any Ayr utd thread...There are a number of utter fuds on there who clog them up with utter drivel...check out any thread involving Ayr

Do many Dumbfartin fans know what a Fud is? 

13 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

The rumour doing the rounds is Caley Wernt even willing to give us a nominal fee if true that's pathetic 

I'm truly sorry that Kevin Fraser didn't make the move into full time senior football but sadly that's how it is financially right now, as a matter of interest how many other clubs are looking at him?

47 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You'll be signing Seedorf and Calder in January if that's the info you're looking for, and going by previous seasons.

Calder has been average at best so far. The only thing he has done of note is to attack a Forfar player which I missed sadly.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Cheeky! :lol:

Honestly? We look poor. Clearly a team in transition. I think ICTChris mentioned somewhere that we've signed about 10 new players so it's going to take a long time for them to bed in and under Robbo we've changed our formation as well from the 4-2-3-1 we have used for most of the last 5 years.

So far we've typically lined up along these lines:

Ridgers
Seedorf Mckay Warren Calder
Polworth Draper Vigurs Mulraney
Baird Oakley

Seedorf has looked the best signing by some distance so far whilst Baird and Oakley look like our most promising strike partnership. Most of the other signings have looked poor so far and there is still the potential for Draper to depart before the transfer window 'slams shut' which would be a big blow. Tremarco and Doran, probable first team selections, are both out until November apparently. Fon Williams and one other senior player have been told they are free to move on. Rumours are it is Raven who has been told he is free to leave.

With all these changes I will be staggered if we get promoted. Realistically I think sneaking into the play offs in 4th place is our best bet but I would not be at all shocked to see us miss out altogether. We've had a shocking close season, just read the thread for the details, and it's hard to really give much of a f**k just now given everything that's going on. A really stunning decline from the heights of the 2014/15 season.

Superb post thanks, will miss the trip up there, always a good away day.

Off Topic I know - But I'm totally surprised that Cathro, sacked this morning from Hearts, is already lined up for a job at Wolves and according to the Wolves site he was at their stadium yesterday in talks with the management team.

Probably a decent GTF payoff from Hearts and then straight into a good paying job at Wolves, feckin shocking.

11 hours ago, RiG said:

ETA: I see NorthStandRising was getting pelters over the weekend on Twitter again. I feel for the guy because I'm pretty sure it's only a 16 year old kid trying to be some kind of information source on Twitter but he doesn't half chat some total pish and changes opinions on a whim when folk start challenging him. Seems to be a lot of disproportionate hate for him though.

A big problem with him is he doesn't help himself.  Constant outrages, takes any form of criticism with a heads gone word salads, blocks at a drop of a hat and seems to think any hooliganism is justified if said hooligans sing songs.  I've no doubt he's a big fan, but needs to have a word with himself.

Edited by Highland Capital

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

A big problem with him is he doesn't help himself.  Constant outrages, takes any form of criticism with a heads gone word salads, blocks at a drop of a hat and seems to think any hooliganism is justified if said hooligans sing songs.  I've no doubt he's a big fan, but needs to have a word with himself.

He blocked me on Twitter after I disagreed with him on something. About two weeks later I was unblocked and he started following me :lol:

When's the AGM lads? The glorious return of Alan Savage bringing with him Romanian internationals and Astra Guirgiu legends Silviu Lung Jr and Constantin Budescu.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If our fans spent less time criticising our own and more time abusing fans of lesser teams we would not have been relegated, imo.

Nonsense. We're far too mild-mannered and collegiate, and need more in-fighting. Look at Celtic: their supporters come to TCS and stab each other, and they always win the league. The guy from North Stand Rising and @Highland Capital should be madeto fight to the death in the centre circle before the Dundee Utd match, to inspire the players with their gladiatorial spirit.