"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

ICTFC Club News

Season Ticket Announcement

•  
  •  
Last Updated: Tuesday, 13 June 2017 16:21

ICT are offering a series of bonus benefits as well as a reduction in season ticket prices as an apology for issuing them recently without enough explanation.

"No excuses - it was a mistake that shouldn't have happened " said new Chairman Willie Finlayson. "We accept there is a need for the club to have strong liaison with our fans and let them know more fully what is happening."

"Everyone at the club is devastated about our relegation. We all know we have no divine right to always be in the Premier League but it doesn't stop us from feeling like this."

He added "our priority is to regain our Premiership place at the first time of asking and that's why we want to protect the football budget as much as is realistically possible. That said, communicating involves listening and we have heard and seen some fans reaction to the original announcement "

"The Directors are also season ticket holders and volunteers but first and foremost we are also fans which is why we need to communicate better with our fellow supporters. We're all in this together."

He added " the bottom line is however that there is simply not much room in the world of lower income we find ourselves in for significant discounting of season ticket pricing if we want to present the best challenge for promotion. It's a real chicken and egg situation. The parachute payment goes some way to bridge the gap - but perhaps unsurprisingly not far enough. Outside the Premiership, season ticket revenues inevitably become a larger part of a club's income which is why we have tried to protect it. This is what we should have tried to explain better in the first place."

The Chairman also stressed that the tight financial structure needed to be in place to retain non playing staff and as much of the youth development set up as possible.

The club therefore announces the following :

• A reduction of all season ticket prices by 10%. There is one home game less this season and this means the average cost per game is now slightly reduced.
  • An extension of the 'early bird' and loyalty offer to July 1st
  • Free entry for all Season Ticket Holders to the first game of the season - our League Cup tie at home to Brechin City on July 15th.
  • A higher than originally offered discount of 10% on season tickets (for holders) when we return to the Premier League (we acknowledge that there are no guarantees here).
  • A prize draw for all home league fixtures with the winner and a guest invited as Boardroom guests on match day.
  • A further draw for each home league fixture with the winner and a guest having corporate hospitality for the day.
  • An open day pre season for a chance for season ticket holders to meet with players (current and new), Management and Directors.

However I would stress that all Directors are happy to meet with supporters at any time down at the stadium to hear your thoughts and what's on your mind. Just give us a call!"

"I accept these further benefits won't satisfy everyone but we hope it goes some way to encourage the purchase of season tickets. A number have already been sold and of course you won't lose out on the discount. We’ll be back in touch with you about the arrangements here."

5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Having an outside read of it all, one thing that sticks out is Robbo saying he didn't apply for it, but Caley rung him for a "chat".

Was the level of applications that poor? 

Who applied?

2 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Who applied?

No idea, just a snippet from the P&J

Caley Thistle's board of directors yesterday released a statement, which said: "There has been a good response of candidates expressing interest for the position of football manager"

Does seem to be bit of a boys club attitude up in Inverness.

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

No idea, just a snippet from the P&J

Caley Thistle's board of directors yesterday released a statement, which said: "There has been a good response of candidates expressing interest for the position of football manager"

Does seem to be bit of a boys club attitude up in Inverness.

The most Caley Thistle minded applicant got the job. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Having an outside read of it all, one thing that sticks out is Robbo saying he didn't apply for it, but Caley rung him for a "chat".

Was the level of applications that poor? 

I picked up on that too. I thought the way it was sold was that of all the applicants, Robertson was the one who stood out. But it would seem that Inverness actively pursued him which gives credence to the suspicion that some fans have that it's "jobs for the boys".

31 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I picked up on that too. I thought the way it was sold was that of all the applicants, Robertson was the one who stood out. But it would seem that Inverness actively pursued him which gives credence to the suspicion that some fans have that it's "jobs for the boys".

That's certainly the feeling of a few of our fans on Twitter myself included. I think STV mentioned that Sheerin and Lennon were interviewed but the club then went for Robbo, got him in for a chat and offered him the job. There's nothing overly wrong with that approach I guess but I don't see what he has over other potential candidates that we could have approached. I really warmed to the idea of Stevie Aitken.

Obviously I don't know if we would have been able to get him but it does seem that the appointment of Robertson is very much a job for the boys thing (again) as there are rumours that Alan Savage is set to return to the fold at ICT and any investment he would be willing to make was contingent on the appointment of Robertson, a guy that hasn't done much of note in the last few years.

Edited by RiG

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

That's certainly the feeling of a few of our fans on Twitter myself included. I think STV mentioned that Sheerin and Lennon were interviewed but the club then went for Robbo, got him in for a chat and offered him the job. There's nothing overly wrong with that approach I guess but I don't see what he has over other potential candidates that we could have approached. I really warmed to the idea of Stevie Aitken.

Obviously I don't know if we would have been able to get him but it does seem that the appointment of Robertson is very much a job for the boys thing (again) as there are rumours that Alan Savage is set to return to the fold at ICT and any investment he would be willing to make was contingent on the appointment of Robertson, a guy that hasn't done much of note in the last few years.

I can only assume the fact that Aitken had just signed a new 2 year deal with us and thus compensation would be due put your board off him. That or the rumoured jobs for the boys thing meant he was never considered.

In my (probably slightly biased) view, of all the names mentioned for the job I still think Aitken was up there with the best shouts. He has his faults, no doubt, but if it were me picking between him and Robertson, it's not even a debate.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think everyone needs to give him a chance and see how it goes.

He'll be expected to get the minimum of a play-off place so judge him at the end of the season.

If he's outside top 4 he will get sacked I think.

No..... But he might get sacked if he gets us relegated - again.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Did John Hughes keep his house in Inverness? He'll need it circa February..

He rented a house in Rosemarkie.  He seemed to commute back and forth from Edinburgh at times though, especially towards the end.

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can only assume the fact that Aitken had just signed a new 2 year deal with us and thus compensation would be due put your board off him. That or the rumoured jobs for the boys thing meant he was never considered.

In my (probably slightly biased) view, of all the names mentioned for the job I still think Aitken was up there with the best shouts. He has his faults, no doubt, but if it were me picking between him and Robertson, it's not even a debate.

Yeah I doubt we would have realistically been able to pry him away from Dumbarton but given we were going to pay compensation to Aberdeen for Sheerin I wonder if we might have stumped up some cash. Still a long shot of course but as you say between Robertson and Aitken I would have gone for the latter every day of the week. We'll see what happens with Robbo though. If he gets us to 4th spot I think that will be decent enough given the mess we are in just now.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Did John Hughes keep his house in Inverness? He'll need it circa February..

After he last attempt at managing a Championship side at the turn of the year I'd prefer it if that hypothetical scenario doesn't arise.

Was surprised at this appointment but management is a funny game and I wouldn't be writing him off yet. I completely understand the bemusement and anger however.

Also not particularly interesting but he took over training with us when Ross Jack and was favourite for the job but he didn't want it, Barry Wilson getting it instead.