"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Brian Cameron has always been one of the better players whenever I've seen Elgin.  Was there not Championship sides after him last pre-season?

Blair Yule was on trial with Doncaster last year and played in a friendly against Newcastle and apparently asserted himself very well (I forget why they didn't sign him).  

Edited by Highland Capital

46 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Brian Cameron has always been one of the better players whenever I've seen Elgin.  Was there not Championship sides after him last pre-season?

Blair Yule was on trial with Doncaster last year and played in a friendly against Newcastle and apparently asserted himself very well (I forget why they didn't sign him).  

I heard a guy was walking past the stadium today with his shorts on and Brian Rice immediately invited him in for a trial.

That goal he scored for Raith against Rangers at Easter Road was one of the highlights of the rangers banter years for me.  He's a solid lower-league player, as far as I can see.  I've not watched him much of course, so will defer to those who have, but could be a decent signing.  

He could have his leg amputated below the knee and he'd be better than Boden tbh.

17 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Baird works hard and will run all day, but he is a championship striker thats his level, tbh im not too fussed if he does go. 

You underestimate a) just how shite Boden is; and b) how amazing it is that we are simply signing someone. 

I wanted Baird badly at the Rock. I don't think he's a top end Championship striker anymore, and it's certainly not the sort of signing you'd expect a team challenging for the league to make.

In saying that I'm a huge fan of his as a player. He'll work hard, score a reasonable number and genuinely be a pest. A sort of Championship Kenny Miller if you will. He's also not Scott Boden, so that's another massive positive. 

:( I had really hoped we might be able to get him this time

38 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Barry has come a long way since his troubles with Brewster and he was always an outstanding player for us, his own managerial experience with Wick Academy and Elgin though didn't shine too brightly and I feel his heart and old pals memories are coming to the fore with his Sheerin recommendation.

Why are we being linked with players while not having a manager? This and that player on ICT's radar, who says?

If we sign any of these would it not limit the wage budget for new players the new manager might want to bring in? To sign any new players now would undermine any new manager that comes in and probably shoot ourselves in the foot when it comes to winning promotion back to the Premiership.

btw its taking too bloody long to appoint a new manager, given it took until well after the season ended to end Richie Foran's time with us we will probably appoint the new gaffer at Christmas??

Edited by CityDave

Any potential signings have been idle Twitter gossip hence why none have actually been made as of yet. If any are to be made I'd imagine a manager wouldn't be far behind or vice versa and it would signal that only the formalities of any deal to bring in a new manager are all that's left to be completed.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Really worried the amount of times I have seen John Robertson pop up since that tweet went out

Robertson and Lennon seem to be the guys mentioned the most not that that necessarily counts for anything but maybe it's a case of no smoke without fire...

ETA: Seems more and more likely it is going to be John Robertson. Wow.

Edited by RiG