"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Cor - another feature packed podcast for you! We take a look back at the games so far, look ahead to some of our upcoming matches, interview Ryan Esson, Billy Mckay and Kilmarnock fan Craig Anderson from The Terrace Podcast, discuss the role of the Fans Group, announce the winner of the signed Danny MacKay strip and there's another competition giveaway as well with the chance to win a match worn Scott Allardice shirt! Phew!

Available from all the usual podcasty places (Apple, Google, Spotify etc). Enjoy!

On 21/08/2021 at 13:14, sophia said:

Super Caley are on the wireless this evening and I'm anticipating a pleasant half hour of listening 

Listened to it just now after being bombarded into submission by Radio Scotland ;)

Nice wee nostalgia trip. Alistair Alexander saying at the end "A new team has arrived in Scottish football" has always stuck in my head, but they didn't play the clip.

I was confused why it wasn't him commentating on the goals (sounded like Kheredine) but then I remembered they used to split the commentary into quarters back then.

Oh and apparently Mark Stephen isn't a football fan :D

As a Killie fan it's the following season's Cup I remember better though :)

Edited by Lurkst

3 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

As a Killie fan it's the following season's Cup I remember better though :)

Is that when the reply was abandoned due to a frozen pitch after about 20 mins?

I remember being a buzzing 10 year old getting the afternoon off to go down to the game and being gutted at having to leave so early.

Just now, PB1994 said:

I remember being a buzzing 10 year old getting the afternoon off to go down to the game and being gutted at having to leave for home again so early.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I remember being a buzzing 10 year old getting the afternoon off to go down to the game and being gutted at having to leave so early.

It was indeed. Felt for the ICT fans having another wasted journey south for a big cup tie.

Of course if the linesman had done his job there'd have been no need for a replay ;)

I was at all 3 games.  The 1-1 up here, the abandoned one and the 2nd attempt.  I'm certain it was colder in the one that was actually played to a finish.

I was at that 1-1 game.  It's funny how time changes your memories but for years I thought it was Xausa that had that horror miss but was it not offside anyway?  The home terracing was absolutely packed that day, back in the day getting an SPL team was a big deal.

Aye. I was lucky enough to be taken to all the big games. Celtic, Aberdeen, Killie and Dundee Utd was it? That might have been a league game.

I was only a young boy and very small for my age so didn’t see a fucking thing but those games were magic.

No one seems to know. Some folk say 20%, some people are saying a very precise 14%, some folk say there is no clause, some say there no longer is one as Celtic bought it out of the contract. Will we ever find out what the truth is? Probably not.

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently Christie is going to Bournemouth for £1m. What’s our sell in clause, 10%?

He's worth a lot more than £1m with his international record alone, if that is the price then Bournemouth are getting a bargain.

A look at Celtic players  wages shows he's on 8-10K a week basic and a keek at Bournemouth's shows that he will at the very least treble that.

Charlie to relocate a few miles along the coast to Sandend????