"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 08/08/2021 at 16:21, Highland Capital said:

I can exclusively report that, for the time being, Anthony McDonald will only be available for away games.

I walked past him outside the main stand before the game, surely he's not injured already 😂.

We've put a few young players out on loan, Ryan Fyffe to Nairn County and Robbie Thompson and Lewis Nicholson have gone to Clach, initially until January.

A little surprised that Fyffe is going out - he started a few games in the league cup and we aren't stacked defensively.  I guess we can recall him if we have injuries. 

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We've put a few young players out on loan, Ryan Fyffe to Nairn County and Robbie Thompson and Lewis Nicholson have gone to Clach, initially until January.

A little surprised that Fyffe is going out - he started a few games in the league cup and we aren't stacked defensively.  I guess we can recall him if we have injuries. 

Fyffe going out was a strange one, we only really have Hyde now as centre back cover, another untested youngster.

Another 2 youngsters away to Brora on loan, Aly Riddle and Harry Hemmem.

Will be great to have these lads playing regularly in the Highland League, gaining experience and helping other clubs.  A far better option than colt teams.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Another 2 youngsters away to Brora on loan, Aly Riddle and Harry Hemmem.

Will be great to have these lads playing regularly in the Highland League, gaining experience and helping other clubs.  A far better option than colt teams.

Have you seen them play before? I’m a Brora fan so will be interesting to hear how yourself & other Caley fans rate them. 

Just now, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Have you seen them play before? I’m a Brora fan so will be interesting to hear how yourself & other Caley fans rate them. 

Hemmem in a friendly briefly, he looked decent.

2 hours ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Riddle played very well at left-back for a full 90 mins at Forres pre-season but still looks very young physically. Hennan struggled to get into that game, played on either flank and looked tidy on the ball. 

28 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

I thought Hyde was a midfielder?

He may well be actually.  So who is defensive cover now?  Harper and Duffy?  Hold me back.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He may well be actually.  So who is defensive cover now?  Harper and Duffy?  Hold me back.

I think he is a midfielder. Certainly seemed to be playing there when he came on on Saturday anyway.

We could do with getting extra defensive cover, even if it is a loan, but it sounded like our business was done for the summer.

18 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Duffy seems to have fallen out of the scene completely.  He looked decent in his first few games then fell out of the side and barely seen since.

He was murder against Cove, so that won't be helping his cause.

1 hour ago, DGW9 said:

We've signed Matthew Elsdon was he any good during his loan spell?

He was utterly diabolical for us in his very short spell in the 2017/18 season. Only played a handful of games before his loan expired. He was one of a number of players that season we were delighted to see the back of. 

Maybe there could be an argument for saying that anyone who played for us then looked awful and it wouldn't have mattered who we had playing for us.

4 hours ago, The Mantis said:

😂
I'll let somebody else answer this, @Highland Capital maybe. 

No.  Not good.  Not good at all.  Think it was the drubbing at Dunfermline played that was one of his last games and he was absolutely rubbish.

You'd be better playing Gregory Tade at centre-back and that's no exaggeration.  

Edited by Highland Capital

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

No.  Not good.  Not good at all.  Think it was the drubbing at Dunfermline played that was one of his last game and he was absolutely rubbish.

He played against Brechin a couple of weeks later but then spent the next couple of months on the bench and the dropped out of the squad completely before he was jettisoned back to Middlesbrough. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

He played against Brechin a couple of weeks later but then spent the next couple of months on the bench and the dropped out of the squad completely before he was jettisoned back to Middlesbrough. 

I see he's 24 now...

4 hours ago, DGW9 said:

We've signed Matthew Elsdon was he any good during his loan spell?

... but I imagine you found his playing record on wiki so 31 games in 6 years (ok, 4 years in practical terms) for a handful of clubs should provide some kind of answer.

Edited by The Mantis