"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I come in peace as a County fan, but having seen plenty of both players over the year, this is very much a “wow, a blue car!” Type post.  Miles Story will occasionally look great.  Most of the time he won’t though.

Yeah. I saw Vincent a couple of times for Dundee. Looked useless. However, he did well. 

Miles Storey has the potential to be a cult hero if he puts the effort in. We’ll have to see!

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hopefully when he gets the bullet from here, we don't need to listen to the clown ever again.

Thank you.

I rather think you should avail yourself with the theory that he will either be successful in Inverness or return to regular broadcasting to the nation via open all mics.

Should you wish to place this theory in context, I would direct you to the Dundee thread on here where you can find extensive, some would say obsessive, discourse on the subject.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

When did Inverness go back to pre season training and when down the line do people expect Billy Dodds to start working on defending with his squad of players? 

It’s been about 6 weeks we have been back training, I think, so if it hasn’t started now I don’t see it happening anytime soon…

Its very annoying, bar the Broadfoot signing, I think we have done some great business and probably have one of the best chances we will get to challenge for promotion and we have an untested manager. If he insists on this 4-4-2/4-2-4 then it’s going to be a disaster. Hopefully he is able to see that we need to be playing a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 to stop the opposition getting so much space in the middle of the park.

Edited by PB1994

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Lewis Jamieson in on loan from St Mirren for a season.

There are high hopes for him , he's just signed a new contract and had rave reviews from Clyde supporters last season. He's stepping up another level at ICT so let's hope he does well enough to get plenty game time !

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

19 year old strikerJamieson scored four goals in 12 games for Clyde.

Not too bad if he can repeat that rate, a league up. Could be more successful in front of goal than Storey or Keatings.

Another loan though doesn't look good for our longer term team building. Maybe we're holding off till the winter, for players from Ireland?

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Not too bad if he can repeat that rate, a league up. Could be more successful in front of goal than Storey or Keatings.

Another loan though doesn't look good for our longer term team building. Maybe we're holding off till the winter, for players from Ireland?

You are 100% correct.

Maybe I'm old School but I would prefer to blood our young from within.

To score four goals in 12 matches in a league below us does not suggest a wunderkind to me but I wish the lad well, unfortunately we are paying half his wages for his progress.

All the while we have young forwards Cairns and Riddle in the first team squad and Harkness in the Development.

Charity begins at home.

St Mirren should be blooding for what there fans suggest is their future not us

13 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

St Mirren should be blooding for what there fans suggest is their future not us

In an ideal world, I would agree with you.

However, given that we have four senior, experienced strikers, and we still have Josh Jack, who is in a similar position to Jamieson. Jamieson would be lucky to get a place on our bench.

If our younger players are good enough to play in the top league, then they get their chance.

For example, Jay Henderson, who is the same age as Jamieson, also spent some time on loan at Clyde, came back to us and was given his chance. He featured in the last seven games of last season and was given four first team starts. A pattern that has continued this season.

I don't know if Jamieson is better than your own young forwards, but hopefully he'll rattle in the goals for you and come back to us a better developed player.

I’ll be honest I don’t have a problem with someone coming in and being captain. Just because you’ve been there for a long time doesn’t make you a leader. Doran is a great player and a loyal servant but he doesn’t strike me as a guy to gee the troops or force things on. There’s quite a lot of you g lads in that team - a man who has played a UEFA cup final and has bag loads of experience will hopefully help them. Let’s hope so!

7 minutes ago, Ott said:

I’ll be honest I don’t have a problem with someone coming in and being captain. Just because you’ve been there for a long time doesn’t make you a leader. Doran is a great player and a loyal servant but he doesn’t strike me as a guy to gee the troops or force things on. There’s quite a lot of you g lads in that team - a man who has played a UEFA cup final and has bag loads of experience will hopefully help them. Let’s hope so!

You’d be hoping that he would be helping the young lads and using his experience to help the team no matter if he was vice captain or not.

I thought we were decent today against Hearts considering 3 automatic starters are out. 

A vintage display from Ridgers and I thought Deas was superb at left back. The standard Jamie Walker winner for Hearts at Tynecastle against The Caley in the League Cup group stage live on TV.  I think that scenario has happened every year since about 1974?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I thought we were decent today against Hearts considering 3 automatic starters are out. 

A vintage display from Ridgers and I thought Deas was superb at left back. The standard Jamie Walker winner for Hearts at Tynecastle against The Caley in the League Cup group stage live on TV.  I think that scenario has happened every year since about 1974?

Yeah, I agree. I thought we were going to get hammered but we played quite well.

Hopefully Mckay gets up to speed quickly as I think he could score for fun with the amount of chances we create.

Still not convinced about us defensively though.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

A very composed performance today IMO. A few brain farts from Ridgers but we were solid all over the park.

I’m still not convinced with is defensively. Thought we had 3 or 4 really silly mistakes that shouldn’t be happening at this sort of level.

In possession we did, at times, play some lovely stuff bust just lack that creative player. Sutherland put a hell of a shift in, which someone needs to do playing 2 up front, but he was the one dropping deep to link the gap between midfield and attack and he just isn’t that sort of player. I imagine he will be the player to drop out when McKay is fully fit, which I’m not sure would be the right choice, but he’s just a goal scorer and Duku won’t put the work rate in that Shane will. 

Don’t really know what I’m trying to say here as we were fine and just lacking the cutting edge/final pass and we’ve still got 6 points out of 6. Maybe it’s still trying to come to grips with a new formation under a new manager so time is needed to get things sorted. Definitely some good things to say but also some things that need worked on.