49 minutes ago, renton said:

On the plus side, he's rapid and has a good shot on him.  In and around the box his unorthodox style can be beneficial, and he's tall enough to generate panic at dead balls.

Against that, his game without the ball is middling at best, and he is pretty poor with his back to goa, part of it is what might charitably be called lack of application - if the ball is so much as 3 yards either side of him, don't expect him to move to get it. 

For us, Gozie Ugwu was miles better when it came to play the number 9 role, and even he was fairly average. Duku got some goals early doors, but some of that comes 

Raith fans describing Toddy’s season in reverse. He was hopeless at the beginning, missed so many glaring  chances then was dropped. He also had no idea how to link up with team mates. 
new coach arrives and Suddenly he starts banging then in. Still not great with link play but his finishing improved immeasurably. I can only assume Dodds was able to get the best out of him 

I’m liking a forward mix of Walsh dorran mackay duku if they can stay fit Add that to a pretty robust choice in midfield and things look a bit brighter. 

Daily Record reporting we’re also signing 19 year old Norwich City midfielder Reece McAlear on loan. Highly rated down there allegedly. 

We are putting a very decent squad together. Still need at least centre half, a right back and a winger/striker though. 

39 minutes ago, Ott said:

Raith fans describing Toddy’s season in reverse. He was hopeless at the beginning, missed so many glaring  chances then was dropped. He also had no idea how to link up with team mates. 
new coach arrives and Suddenly he starts banging then in. Still not great with link play but his finishing improved immeasurably. I can only assume Dodds was able to get the best out of him 

I’m liking a forward mix of Walsh dorran mackay duku if they can stay fit Add that to a pretty robust choice in midfield and things look a bit brighter. 

Todorov started the season extremely well. Scoring in the first three league matches then being dropped for Storey for some unknown reason.

Edited by PB1994

23 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

woohoo

I must say I think that would have been a strange signing for Dundee or St Johnstone. Very happy to have him here though as even though he is 35 I still think he is more than good enough for the Championship.

Interesting we go for another centre mid. Probably where we're strongest at the moment already. Can't see anymore midfielders coming in now. Not too enthused by gardyne. But he'll have strong competition for a place in the squad anyway.

A younger striker might be nice too. Getting a much older lot of attacking players so far. But yeah, squad coming together now. And mainly looking for defenders now.

25 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Daily Record reporting we’re also signing 19 year old Norwich City midfielder Reece McAlear on loan. Highly rated down there allegedly. 

We are putting a very decent squad together. Still need at least centre half, a right back and a winger/striker though. 

We have Carson and Duffy at right back so I don’t see that being a position we go for. Centre back and maybe a left back is maybe something we look at.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I think we might go for two up top, which would make him a starter every week I’d imagine.

I take on board what the Raith fans are saying but I’m not overly concerned. He’s not been brought in to be our main attacking option, that’s McKay, so if he chips in with 6 or 7 goals then great and if he is pish then he is gone at the end of the season.

Might do so, in a terribly frustrating manner. He’s really a poacher, rather than a target man or single forward. His first touch seems generally quite “off”, but he will generate a wee bit of panic in the box when crosses come in.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Might do so, in a terribly frustrating manner. He’s really a poacher, rather than a target man or single forward. His first touch seems generally quite “off”, but he will generate a wee bit of panic in the box when crosses come in.

We’ve had the last 4 years playing Todorov, White and Oakley up front so we know full well about terribly frustrating strikers!

I would have been worried about this signing if he was the one we are relying on to score but thankfully we are not.

7 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Todorov started the season extremely well. Scoring in the first three league matches then being dropped for Storey for some unknown reason.

I remember Robertson being very disappointed about the number of glaring misses he had in tight games. 

I was at the first of the two games we had last season with fans in and I thought Duku looked decent that day. I assume that was before he got Covid though. I’m quite optimistic about this signing - he’s the type of player who’s come good with us before.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Caley flashing the cash. 

Something like 8 players have left and 3 have come in. There’s bound to be budget for these guys.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Caley flashing the cash Harry Gows.

FTFY.

McAlear signs on a season long loan.

Very strange having our squad almost complete and we are in the first week of pre-season training. I can see one or two more being brought in, centre back and a winger (who will be Gardyne), and that will be us. I’m very happy with the way the squad looks though if I was being picky I’d like another striker and a left back but it’s more for cover over something we actually need.

Another striker and a centre back for me.  Midfield is fine as is the wide players, if Gardyne does indeed sign.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Another striker and a centre back for me.  Midfield is fine as is the wide players, if Gardyne does indeed sign.

Gardyne can play up front as well can’t he? I think he would probably end up being used as a striker if we were short but I would prefer to bring in another one.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Gardyne can play up front as well can’t he? I think he would probably end up being used as a striker if we were short but I would prefer to bring in another one.

i thought he was used primarily as a winger for County.  Although most wingers can play as a striker too.

Current squad then

Goalkepers - Mark Ridgers, Cameron Mackay

Defenders - Wallace Duffy, Danny Devine, David Carson, Cameron Harper, Robbie Deas

Midfielders - Sean Welsh, Aaron Doran, Anthony McDonald, Roddy MacGregor, Scott Allardice, Tom Walsh, Reece McAlear

Forwards - Shane Sutherland, Billy Mckay, Manny Duku

Young players on full time contracts but haven't really playe yet - Harry Nicolson, Ryan Fyffe, Lewis Hyde, Ethan Cairns, Robbie Thompson, Lewis Nicolson, Alisdair Riddle and Harry Hennem. 

Edited by ICTChris