"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Clubfoot is absolutely past it.

He may have been a decent centre half a few years ago, and we got one good season out of him, but he was a liability for us last season. 

Having him as a 'senior player' or role model would just be a joke as he let himself down by openly shouting and swearing at a young inexperienced  teammate on the park after his own mistake put the player under pressure. He does NOT lead by example. 

Apparently a bully off the park as well, oh and he's not very bright.

Good luck lads, and all the best for the season ahead, but you've signed a dud.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

52 minutes ago, Ritchie Sacramento said:

Not overly impressed with Broadfoot arriving but he deserves a chance nonetheless. 

That's exactly what we said and look where we are now....................

For a team with hopes of promotion, and I dont think you'll be far away, you can do better than this fud.

Killie fans truthfully expected him to sign for a junior side.

Good luck this season anyway lads.

On 12/03/2021 at 21:29, sophia said:

I'm not sure Daniel Mackay is a footballer. His touch is comparable to the worst of Storey 

12th of March 2021 - Unequivocal verdict redolent of a multitude of others in this place.

13th of July 2021 - The bold Danny scores the winner against Arsenal.

Excellent performance this evening. Doddsball looks very promising indeed. 

Nice to see Raith Rovers fans are infact just bitter and Duku isn’t lazy at all. He looks like a class signing who will score goals for us. Was very surprised how good he looked with the ball at his feet.

Our midfield looks stacked, both centrally and out wide. The quality of depth has improved which bodes very well for the season ahead. Add McDonald and Mckay to the mix and we’ll have competition for places all over the park.

Not getting carried away after a performance against a League One side however I think it’s abundantly clear HMS piss the league has this evening set sail.

Went along with my Caley Thistle supporting mate tonight. Three main takeaways:

1) Duku is going to be a cult hero and a lot of fun into the bargain for you guys
2) Doran is still a class act
3) Don't think I'll ever get bored of going to live football again after this past 18 months or so. What a joy being back in grounds

As debuts go Duku had a good one. A very good finish and his build up play etc was very good. Put in a good shift. He doesn’t strike me as a clinical goal scorer though so he could be quite frustrating as it looks as though he needs to lot of chances to get the goal.

This isn’t so much of a problem is Mckay is playing next to him and still has his goal scoring touch.

It was a comfortable performance against lower league opposition.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Mad that Doran has just turned 30. Feels like he’s played for us since about 2002.

Yeap, I couldn’t believe he is younger than me. Only just, mind…

He actually looked very good tonight. Hopefully he can prove me wrong after constantly saying he looks done.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeap, I couldn’t believe he is younger than me. Only just, mind…

He actually looked very good tonight. Hopefully he can prove me wrong after constantly saying he looks done.

If he stays fit then he’s clearly too good for the 2nd tier. He can’t get a run of games though as he’s made of glass. Probably why no one has ever come in for him. He’s well known in Scottish football for being injury prone.

Edit - 2-0 is slightly disappointing but I suppose it’s our first competitive game of the season.

Edited by TheScarf

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Excellent performance this evening. Doddsball looks very promising indeed. 

Nice to see Raith Rovers fans are infact just bitter and Duku isn’t lazy at all. He looks like a class signing who will score goals for us. Was very surprised how good he looked with the ball at his feet.

Our midfield looks stacked, both centrally and out wide. The quality of depth has improved which bodes very well for the season ahead. Add McDonald and Mckay to the mix and we’ll have competition for places all over the park.

Not getting carried away after a performance against a League One side however I think it’s abundantly clear HMS piss the league has this evening set sail.

I look forward to following on from this conversation in a few months 👍🤣

42 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

I've noticed this is the line taken by the Wyness Shuffle twitter account too. He's played one competitive game for you against a league one side. In the first half of last season, Manny Duku had his most prolific period outwith his time in either of the 8th or 9th tier of England. He was a lone forward in a team who were playing aggressive, expansive football where he was given plenty of opportunities. For whatever reason, things changed in January: it's been confirmed he had COVID but after returning to the same team he couldn't find the net at any point and was left out in favour of Gozie Ugwu, Jamie Gullan and Lewis Vaughan - all of them scored more goals during that period and Duku never threatened anything (same goes for Timmy Abraham who came in from Fulham).

I've had a wee listen to his interview on the Wyness Shuffle and he claims it was down to a "lack of communication" on the part of McGlynn and that the second half of the season was "the worst time of his career". You'd struggle to find a Rovers fan who has much of an overriding feeling of anything other than "meh". His goals in the first half of the season were vital in our campaign last season but he was never someone irreplaceable like Hendry. 

It might well be the case he bangs in 25 goals for you over the piece and leads you to glory. Fair play to the guy if he does. We're too busy focusing on Lewis Vaughan getting a good run this season.

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Let’s see what you say in January and/or after scoring stops at 9 or 10 goals.

54 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Duku is going to be a cult hero and a lot of fun into the bargain for you guys

Yes, he will be a hero until Christmas, and then the fun becomes frustration. But, hey, enjoy it while you can, and if I’m wrong, I’m wrong.