"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 01/01/2021 at 14:49, parsforlife said:

Just as it seems Gardiner has managed to keep his mouth shut for 10 minutes and his reputation can’t get any lower he pulls this off,  fair play to him,  always capable of a surprise.

He's had at least three gaffes in the last six months.  The Dundee WhatsApp stuff which was entertaining at the time but backfired on us, the Pixellot stuff which he's seemed to have found absolutely hilarious and has refused to reply to any fans' emails complaining about it and now this.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

He's had at least three gaffes in the last six months.  The Dundee WhatsApp stuff which was entertaining at the time but backfired on us, the Pixellot stuff which he's seemed to have found absolutely hilarious and has refused to reply to any fans' emails complaining about it and now this.

I was being quite literal with 10 minutes.    I don’t know why but there’s part of me that thinks ‘surely he’ll learn/get telt’ but he keeps going.    Seems to have the full backing of the board as well.  Suppose this is the sort of thing they wanted when it was decided to bring him in after his performances elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I was being quite literal with 10 minutes.    I don’t know why but there’s part of me that thinks ‘surely he’ll learn/get telt’ but he keeps going.    Seems to have the full backing of the board as well.  Suppose this is the sort of thing they wanted when it was decided to bring him in after his performances elsewhere.

I don't know if the board have much in-put to be honest.  From what I gather, Gardiner and John Robertson (who I do like) are very much in control of the club.

I don't know if the board have much in-put to be honest.  From what I gather, Gardiner and John Robertson (who I do like) are very much in control of the club.

Even if he is in control day to day He’s surely reports to the board?    He’s just a payed employee afterall,  someone has the power to get rid?

There has to be some fan intervention or something. John Robertson will leave you at one point (he applied for the Dee job) and Gardiner's only appointment at Dundee was John Brown. He then alienated our shirt sponsors at the time (The lads that are now sponsoring the stadium, helping finance Charlie Adam's wages and the contractors for the new stadium if it ever goes ahead) and left it for our then Chairman to sponsor the club himself. This is not including him creating a siege mentality between himself and the fans (Handed out many compo deals to his mates) then punted loads of fans out of our Main Stand (which is traditionally the old folk that like a whinge stand) and hired personal security so he wasn't 'attacked' at the stadium.

Then there's the Hearts debacle where he forgot to order seats...

The man is only going to cause long term damage to your club and yet there's not even a mention of his actions on your club forum.

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There has to be some fan intervention or something. John Robertson will leave you at one point (he applied for the Dee job) and Gardiner's only appointment at Dundee was John Brown. He then alienated our shirt sponsors at the time (The lads that are now sponsoring the stadium, helping finance Charlie Adam's wages and the contractors for the new stadium if it ever goes ahead) and left it for our then Chairman to sponsor the club himself. This is not including him creating a siege mentality between himself and the fans (Handed out many compo deals to his mates) then punted loads of fans out of our Main Stand (which is traditionally the old folk that like a whinge stand) and hired personal security so he wasn't 'attacked' at the stadium.

Then there's the Hearts debacle where he forgot to order seats...

The man is only going to cause long term damage to your club and yet there's not even a mention of his actions on your club forum.

The chairman we have is a supporter of the club and while being very enthusiastic has declared himself 'an amatuer'.  Declare yourself an amatuer and people (particularly people like Gardiner) will treat you like one.

CTO is awful these days.  It used to be quite good but as time's gone on most of the better posters have drifted solely to P&B and onto Twitter.  All that's left are the happy clappy dimwits and a scattering of pensioners.  If you were to post that screenshot on there, it'd be filled with nonsense like 'He'S sHowInG pAsSioN FoR ThE cluB!!!'

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I like CTO but it's much, much quieter than it used to be. Obviously life gets in the way for some with new partners, kids, jobs etc taking over but it also seems a fair few "fans" of our team who posted on there who only seemed to show up when they were involved with the club whilst others have let the mask slip and are full on Old Firm supporting weirdos and have turned into WATP moonhowler types. Younger fans have never really taken to it either. As @Highland Capital says there is a lot more ICT interaction on Twitter between fans and, to a lesser extent, P & B. 

21 minutes ago, RiG said:

I like CTO but it's much, much quieter than it used to be. Obviously life gets in the way for some with new partners, kids, jobs etc taking over but it also seems a fair few "fans" of our team who posted on there who only seemed to show up when they were involved with the club whilst others have let the mask slip and are full on Old Firm supporting weirdos and have turned into WATP moonhowler types. Younger fans have never really taken to it either. As @Highland Capital says there is a lot more ICT interaction on Twitter between fans and, to a lesser extent, P & B. 

The amount of people who are now Rangers fans since we have been relegated in absolutely incredible.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apologies for the double post but awful news about Iain Broadfoot who has sadly passed away.

Oh dear, that's very sad and it looks like there has been a breakdown in communications with Ian's family.....

"I’m one of Ian’s daughters. Could someone from ICT please contact me ASAP? We are still in the process of notifying family and friends. This should not be public yet"

10 minutes ago, sophia said:

Oh dear, that's very sad and it looks like there has been a breakdown in communications with Ian's family.....

"I’m one of Ian’s daughters. Could someone from ICT please contact me ASAP? We are still in the process of notifying family and friends. This should not be public yet"

FFS.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

it also seems a fair few "fans" of our team who posted on there who only seemed to show up when they were involved with the club whilst others have let the mask slip and are full on Old Firm supporting weirdos and have turned into WATP moonhowler types. 

Are you referring to a certain former regular poster and away game attender who raised a lot of money for charity by cycling?  Hadn't seem him at a game for ages and then came across his Twitter to find that he was now your quintessential conspiracy-obsessed Celtic fan.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

FFS.

There's also a quite appalling reply from a Ross County supporter.

This year has a long way to run and I'd be very glad to not read anything like that during the next twelve months.

9 hours ago, sophia said:

There's also a quite appalling reply from a Ross County supporter.

This year has a long way to run and I'd be very glad to not read anything like that during the next twelve months.

Didn't catch that but I did see someone has deleted a Tweet and earnt a severe rebuke from a Broadfoot family member. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Didn't catch that but I did see someone has deleted a Tweet and earnt a severe rebuke from a Broadfoot family member. 

Yes, it's now gone and Ignorant of Invergordon had some echo of decency about him and withdrew.

It's such a pity that his father didn't choose to do the same.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Kevin Cran apparently (a County fan with 30-odd followers).  Basically said words to the effect of 'who cares'.

Edited by Highland Capital