"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Had a look at the ICT shop page yesterday.  How underwhelming is the Puma gear on sale?  The kits this season look great, but the other stuff is just so generic.  The Errea leisurewear stuff was honestly better than what's on offer now.

A new Wyness Shuffle podcast is out featuring:

• Review of recent fixtures with analysis from Charlie Christie
  • Lookahead to forthcoming games including Dundee preview with Dee fan Gary Cocker
  • Chatting to 2 of the "300" who got into the ground for the first game this season with fans
  • Interview with Roddy MacGregor
  • Initiation Songs
  • Another Nightmare XI entrant

Get it on Apple, PodbeanSpotify and various other podcasty places.

Edited by RiG

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

A new Wyness Shuffle podcast is out featuring:

• Review of recent fixtures with analysis from Charlie Christie
  • Lookahead to forthcoming games including Dundee preview with Dee fan Gary Cocker
  • Chatting to 2 of the "300" who got into the ground for the first game this season with fans
  • Interview with Roddy MacGregor
  • Initiation Songs
  • Another Nightmare XI entrant

Get it on Apple, PodbeanSpotify and various other podcasty places.

Bbc Three Laugh GIF by BBC - Find & Share on GIPHY

It looks like, apart from Carson and Toshney, we have everyone available now and I think our results and performances are beginning to show that. Doesn't help that we've played Hearts and Dunfermline away already of course when we basically had a whole team out injured. 

We've a run of 3 games now against Dundee, Alloa and Morton, and that'll really show us where we are in terms of getting promoted. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It looks like, apart from Carson and Toshney, we have everyone available now and I think our results and performances are beginning to show that. Doesn't help that we've played Hearts and Dunfermline away already of course when we basically had a whole team out injured. 

We've a run of 3 games now against Dundee, Alloa and Morton, and that'll really show us where we are in terms of getting promoted. 

I think Mchattie is still injured aswell, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near our squad IMO 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I think Mchattie is still injured aswell, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near our squad IMO 

To be fair, he's actually looked decent when he's played everywhere apart from his natural position.  Last season he looked pretty capable at centre-back and I do recollect him having a game in central midfield as well.  At left back though he's not as good as Harper nor the dearly departed Tremarco.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I know it's fun getting all excited and that but you absolutely will not be anywhere near getting promoted so it's best to just calm they jets in December. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I know it's fun getting all excited and that but you absolutely will not be anywhere near getting promoted so it's best to just calm they jets in December. 

The Caley will finish 4th at worst so I'd say there's a good chance of promotion. 

I’ve had an idea here - next time we’re short of numbers (which probably won’t be long), could we do a MacGregor with Doran? MacGregor has looked good since he moved into the deeper role, but could we do the same with Doran? He’s skilful enough and still has an engine but doesn’t really have the pace for the wings anymore. I think it could work actually.

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The Caley will finish 4th at worst so I'd say there's a good chance of promotion. 

Uh huh. Nobody has EVER been promoted from 4th. Or from 3rd for that matter.

The only teams promoted through the playoffs (Hamilton and Livingston) both finished 2nd. Caley looked good on Friday night, as good as anyone we've seen yet, but you're playing for 2nd in reality and even if you manage to beat Dunfermline, Dundee, Ayr and Raith to that you've got a less than 50% chance of winning the playoff.  "Good chance" is a massive reach.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh. Nobody has EVER been promoted from 4th. Or from 3rd for that matter.

The only teams promoted through the playoffs (Hamilton and Livingston) both finished 2nd. Caley looked good on Friday night, as good as anyone we've seen yet, but you're playing for 2nd in reality and even if you manage to beat Dunfermline, Dundee, Ayr and Raith to that you've got a less than 50% chance of winning the playoff.  "Good chance" is a massive reach.

That’s true but this season is a lot shorter and half our squad will only have played about 15 games so will be as fresh as daisies! 

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just read the match thread on CTO and some posters are having a go at Kai Kennedy.  f**k me.

What the f**k for?

ETA: this question could also be for why the f**k are you reading CTO.

Edited by PB1994

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What the f**k for?

ETA: this question could also be for why the f**k are you reading CTO.

For trying too many cute flicks and tricks. I don't know about you but I'd far rather watch that than Miles Storey kicking the ball ahead of him and running after it before it goes out of play for a goal kick.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

For trying too many cute flicks and tricks. I don't know about you but I'd far rather watch that than Miles Storey kicking the ball ahead of him and running after it before it goes out of play for a goal kick.

Yep, at least Kennedy can create chances.