"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

We will score plenty of goals this season, but with Devine we will also concede a few.
He was subbed off for toshney at half time. 1-2 at that stage.
Deas went off at 2-3 for harkness.
Cammy mckay had the second half in goals too.

Sutherland apparently provided a few crosses and allerdice doing through balls.

Good to see a range of scorers mind you

Wee season preview podcast available now (updated links below):

Apple ▶️ tinyurl.com/y5dd3tzn (not fully refreshed yet)
Google ▶️ tinyurl.com/yykxr4tn
Podbean ▶️ tinyurl.com/yyjzw6fd
Spotify ▶️ tinyurl.com/y359nj76

We've got a wee interview with new signing Robbie Deas (full interview to be released at a later date), an update from Scott Gardiner on what's been going on at the club, opposition previews with input from fans of Hearts fan Joel Sked (of The Terrace) and Raith Rovers @renton from Pie and Bovril. We've also got a "behind the scenes" chat with ICT kitman Jack Davis.

Plenty to get your, erm, ears into then!

Edited by RiG

Just watched the Elgin friendly highlights.  Some great finishes, especially from Miles Storey.  But fuck me, some of that defending. Looked like Shane was indeed playing wide, if that means the fucking rapid Miles Storey plays through the middle then I'll accept that.

The centre halves need to be Deas and Toshney IMO.  I'm fairly optimistic about our attacking options; Keatings, Storey and Sutherland being supplied by Aaron Doran and Sean Welsh is cause for a hard on.  Still need an experienced right back as Brad McKay is shite.

Wallace Duffy was rumoured to have terminated his loan at Morton as we have offered to take him off Saint Johnstones hands permanently. Will see if that comes through or not. We also apparently had a striker all set to sign but they bailed. Not sure how true that is. I think we need another winger TBH rather than another striker.

21 hours ago, RiG said:

Wallace Duffy was rumoured to have terminated his loan at Morton as we have offered to take him off Saint Johnstones hands permanently. Will see if that comes through or not. We also apparently had a striker all set to sign but they bailed. Not sure how true that is. I think we need another winger TBH rather than another striker.

Doesn't quite fit with the 'non-football reasons' St Johnstone peddled after the deal was cancelled.

28 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Doesn't quite fit with the 'non-football reasons' St Johnstone peddled after the deal was cancelled.

As I say it's just rumoured that's the reason why it was cancelled. Who knows though.

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Tbf thats quite a vague reasoning that was given.

Could be Duffy wants a permanent move away to a club he'll be a regular at, could be St Johnstone would prefer the wage off their books rather than just a percentage, and you could claim both those reasons are "non-football" related.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf thats quite a vague reasoning that was given.

Could be Duffy wants a permanent move away to a club he'll be a regular at, could be St Johnstone would prefer the wage off their books rather than just a percentage, and you could claim both those reasons are "non-football" related.

All that seems football to me.

33 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Passing by the stadium today I noticed the home car park has become what looks like a massive fenced off builders yard.

I drove past the other day and noticed it.  Presumably its the club renting out the car park space for extra income whilst the fans can't use it.

On football matters, 14 goals in 2 games is good.  Probably says more about the Elgin and Nairn defences than it does our attackers, but 5 or 6 of the 14 goals have been superb finishes.  Particularly from James Keatings and Miles Storey.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Passing by the stadium today I noticed the home car park has become what looks like a massive fenced off builders yard.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I drove past the other day and noticed it.  Presumably its the club renting out the car park space for extra income whilst the fans can't use it.

There are works going on underneath the Kessock Bridge which you see when you drive under it. The area that is fenced off is, likely, being used to store plant and other equipment for those works.

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, RiG said:

There are works going on underneath the Kessock Bridge which you see when you drive under it. The area that is fenced off is, likely, being used to store plant and other equipment for those works.

Wonder if everyone's favourite CEO is letting them use the ground free of charge.  Hopefully we're making a little bit of #paper from it.

I'm not sure if we can charge sadly. I suspect all we need to do is just agree and that's it. Would be good if someone cut down some of that vegetation at the back of the car park that's used as a short cut coming out of the ground.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On football matters, 14 goals in 2 games is good.  Probably says more about the Elgin and Nairn defences than it does our attackers, but 5 or 6 of the 14 goals have been superb finishes.  Particularly from James Keatings and Miles Storey.

Correct.

Nairns first half defence was all over the place, defenders bunching and running at say Miles and leaving big holes at the back allowing the Caley attack to tear them apart, man marking was a shambles, their manager obviously tore them up on it at half time and the second half saw them more organised and able to break down attacks.

A full time championship side  would be a completely different storey, (excuse the pun). 

Edited by SandyCromarty