"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

🤣

What?

I said you wouldn't be out the Championship for season 20/21 because there's no possible way you could be after reconstruction was voted down, so I didn't understand why you were waiting for the court case to be resolved before making moves.

An appreciated spin, you would be better served if you explained yourself fully before posting.

On 13/07/2020 at 09:18, SandyCromarty said:

This quote on the 6th of July when Snafu questioned if Hearts were relegated so that ICT can get on with recruitment build up.

And then followed by his post on Walsh playing in his 'top flight' bottom tier team.

The inference was clear with his arrogant attitude towards ICT.

That is why I acted with a hostile response, as that what his posts deserved worktheshaft.

Jesus. Conspiracy theory much?

He's stated two facts there. You won't be out of the Championship regardless of what happens with Hearts appeal and St Johnstone ARE a top flight team. I'm a Queen of the South fan so I'm not in any position to be arrogant in stating the same two things. Fire away.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

An appreciated spin, you would be better served if you explained yourself fully before posting.

Sorry for not expecting people to take issue with me saying ICT will play in the Championship in 20/21. 

On 12/07/2020 at 09:50, SandyCromarty said:

I know, but it angers me when a fan comes on here mentioning his team is 'top flight' indicating we're of a lesser standard, in my book it's way out of order especially considering how his struggled badly for most of the season.

And truth be told, with Tommy gone and and first time manager Callum Davidson, (who I admired as a player), appointed it may well be that St Johnstone will struggle to stay in RG's 'top flight'.

St Johnstone are of a higher standard than Inverness.  As are Ross County.  As are Hamilton.  Hope that helps.

If Ross County are of a higher standard, it really does beg a question on terms of reference.

I'm open to suggestions, with the caveat that financial doping for tax and ego purposes should be specifically excluded.

In other news, the diddy pile-on as witnessed above says rather more about the craving for self aggrandising dopamine than the original clumsy point made.

10 hours ago, RiG said:

Jesus wept. My eyes are bleeding reading this. Really hope we sign someone so we have something to talk about.

Bleeding eyes are a serious ailment by the sound of it, try using sanitary towels to stem the flow.

Stokes has fell foul of the law again and he's without a club as it looks like the second div Greek team have deserted him.???????????????????????????????????????????????

Years before we were basically a feeder for Aberdeen, now it appears to be motherwell and county.
How far we have fallen is incredible

Years before we were basically a feeder for Aberdeen, now it appears to be motherwell and county.
How far we have fallen is incredible

A depressing state of affairs

IMG_0916.jpg

Absolute no brainer move for Tremarco. He'll likely get paid more at County (even as a squad player), he doesn't have to move his family, he gets to play at a higher level and he gets to keep doing his football coaching gig that he's started up. The bigger issue for me is why we felt he wasn't worthy of any contract offer whatsoever.

Robbo took three years to assemble a really decent team capable of (potentially) getting us promoted only for it to grind to a halt with COVID-19 and then be pulled apart. It's going to be a hell of a task for him to do it all over again. Our entire defence, arguably one of the best in the league last season, is now gone. In its place Harper, McHattie, Toshney and Mckay. Jesus wept.

Edited by RiG

Absolute no brainer move for Tremarco. He'll likely get paid more at County (even as a squad player), he doesn't have to move his family, he gets to play at a higher level and he gets to keep doing his football coaching gig that he's started up. The bigger issue for me is why we felt he wasn't worthy of any contract offer whatsoever.

Robbo took three years to assemble a really decent team capable of (potentially) getting us promoted only for it to grind to a halt with COVID-19 and then be pulled apart. It's going to be a hell of a task for him to do it all over again. Our entire defence, arguably one of the best in the league last season, is now gone. In its place Harper, McHattie, Toshney and Mckay. Jesus wept.
You forgot Todorov.

2 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:
2 hours ago, RiG said:

You forgot Todorov.

He also forgot the small fact that we have no money.

In fact its worse than that, we have negative money.

As harsh as it is, going some way to living within our means is an act of high morality and civic rectitude.

The opposite and being unnaturally bankrolled is a mark of shame.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

He also forgot the small fact that we have no money.

In fact its worse than that, we have negative money.

As harsh as it is, going some way to living within our means is an act of high morality and civic rectitude.

The opposite and being unnaturally bankrolled is a mark of shame.

It's a bit late for Inverness fans to try and seize the financial probity moral high ground when you were more than happy for the club to lose £800k a year in perpetuity until Covid sank your hopes of promotion. As financial doping goes your club's buy now, pay later stance under Robertson has been as bad as almost any sugar daddy run outfit in Scottish football.

I don't think anyone is happy about the club losing that kind of money every season. If anything more and more fans are asking how we can, allegedly, be cutting costs so much for the last 3 years yet still end up losing the same amount of money every twelves months.