"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Do you mean Caley fans saying Ian Black was rubbish for us?  He was one of our best players for nearly five years, he was absolutely brilliant.

Would you be confusing the wee nyaff for a well rounded professional?

I recall no serious comment regarding and questioning his tidy ability but plenty about his reckless conduct.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Would you be confusing the wee nyaff for a well rounded professional?

I recall no serious comment regarding and questioning his tidy ability but plenty about his reckless conduct.

One ridiculous sending off against Falkirk aside, I don't remember him being *too* indisciplined with us.  It seemed to take over his game as his career went on.  

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One ridiculous sending off against Falkirk aside, I don't remember him being *too* indisciplined with us.  It seemed to take over his game as his career went on.  

We'll be required to disagree then.

My recollection is of at least a once a game studs up launch at an opponent, the type redolent of an Inspector Clouseau scene.

Looking back, I should have bet on it. Perhaps some did.

A second ridiculous sending off was his dismissal in a Scotland B (they called it something fancy at the time) international in Inverness.

10 hours ago, sophia said:

We'll be required to disagree then.

My recollection is of at least a once a game studs up launch at an opponent, the type redolent of an Inspector Clouseau scene.

Looking back, I should have bet on it. Perhaps some did.

A second ridiculous sending off was his dismissal in a Scotland B (they called it something fancy at the time) international in Inverness.

He did have some of the ' wee man mentality' about him but I can't knock his footballing ability, didn't he arrive with Doran as both had been with Blackburn youth?

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

My mistake, yer right with the dates but they both came from Blackburn Rovers didn't they?

They did. I think it was Liam Fox (from hearts?) that signed at the same time as Black.

I can't seem to find a date on the Challenge Cup Final, has anybody got any info?

On the club website they are enthusing over ST sales with a 33% uptake in the first two days with a third of that making some sort of donation over and above.

BBC reporting Messi fed up at Barca, with White away...........................................................................................................................................................................

There's been nothing since both clubs released statements about a month back. Raith's one made it clear that they still wanted to play the game whilst ours was a bit more reserved IIRC and more of a watch this space type release.

On 01/07/2020 at 10:26, TheScarf said:

That tweet from Carl Tremarco. Ooft.

On 01/07/2020 at 22:39, sophia said:

Particularly classless

I would agree with Sophia's  statement if it was referring to the way the club have treated an ICT stalwart - otherwise I would suggest it was misdirected. 

On 15/06/2020 at 16:06, RiG said:

There was genuine concern at the club that Robbo may be off in the summer so I'm absolutely delighted he's signed this extension.

Alan Simpson is a fucking moron. Who cares what he thinks. Robbo is by no means perfect but I to think of someone else we could get in to do a similar job as he has done.

Alan Simpson is a moron please discuss ? What makes you not a moron Rig please again discuss ?  Robbo was going nowhere as nobody wanted him (baggage).  I genuinely struggle to process why some fans think they are better than others - maybe this is another discussion that has to be had. 

56 minutes ago, TelfordStreetStroller said:

Alan Simpson is a moron please discuss ? What makes you not a moron Rig please again discuss ?  Robbo was going nowhere as nobody wanted him (baggage).  I genuinely struggle to process why some fans think they are better than others - maybe this is another discussion that has to be had. 

Because Alan Simpson is a moron.

13 hours ago, TelfordStreetStroller said:

Alan Simpson is a moron please discuss ?

12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Because Alan Simpson is a moron.

Hard to disagree TBH.

As I've said before Alan Simpson amuses me as his strangling of the english language would baffle the Times crossword compositor and probably leave him as confused as a fart in a fan factory, to take him in any way serious and suggest a discussion on him is ludicrous.

Take him for what he is, a fan who has his own take on Caley, have a laugh, or if you find him obnoxious don't go on CTO, simplicato.