"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Tommy Wright has left St Johnstone. Three guesses at who they're going to approach. 

We've not poached a manager in almost 15 years, and when we did it was a disaster.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We've not poached a manager in almost 15 years, and when we did it was a disaster.

You've had one manager for the past 7 that heavily distorts that.

Anyways, Robertson will apply and Gardiner will claim he's been tapped up when invited for an interview.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

You've had one manager for the past 7 that heavily distorts that.

Okay.

None our last 4 managers have been signed from other clubs, and the last one who was, was a disaster.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Okay.

None our last 4 managers have been signed from other clubs, and the last one who was, was a disaster.

How many of those were Geoff Brown appointments?

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Tommy Wright has left St Johnstone. Three guesses at who they're going to approach. 

I'm not surprised at that, he was clearly unhappy in a TV interview in January, he couldn't get the money to bring in Rooney along with McCart and the club was happy to announce they were sitting on £2 million in the bank.

We're looking to continue our current record of interviewing players who then leave ICT so we're planning one with Brad Mckay next.

ETA: About the Puma kit thing I don't know about that. Just know that we are meant to be moving to Puma. Would be good if they offered the fans the chance to vote on designs but I guess everything is so up in the air just now that we don't know when any new kits would be required.

Edited by RiG

Could get the fans to design them.  I remember the club did that years ago and then conveniently forgot about it.

I'll actually be a bit sad to see the back of Errea actually - I think they're much improved on what they were years ago.

Edited by Highland Capital

While listening to the Wyness Shuffle yesterday, I was thinking that Tremarco must be away due to his unfiltered comments about the handling of the Foran saga.  I'd like to have seen stay a couple of years longer but oh well.  I don't agree with those saying he couldn't have been adapted to centre-back - I always thought he was good there.

Edited by Highland Capital

It was bound to happen imo,  logic would suggest he'll be one of our better paid players, and he's 35 in October.  With that said, I think we can safely surmise that it wasn't performance based, as he's been excellent for years.

It's pretty depressing. I understand why it's a decision the club probably has to take financially, but I'm seeing people suggesting that it's the right decision for the team, and I don't get that at all. We're down to the bare bones defensively, and even if Harper can make the step up permanently, how likely is it that Toshney will stay fit for a full a full season, or that a defence where Brad McKay and Kevin McHattie both start regularly can come close even to the levels of the last two seasons? Tremarco might be close to the end of his career but he's still the best defender currently at the club. 

I also wonder where the leadership in the dressing room and on the park is going to be next season. Welsh would be the obvious choice for captain if he could stay fit for longer than 180 minutes at a time, but beyond that, who? Doran may be our most experienced player but he's hardly assertive and there's no guarantee he'll be staying; Ridgers would be the next logical choice, but ideally you want an outfield player taking hold of things.

49 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

Where did you hear or read this from? I cant find it anywhere.

It's on Twitter via the very reliable Scott Burns.

I can understand them wanting to bring Harper through and he does look a prospect.  I don't think McHattie as our main left back is an improvement on Tremarco though.  Sad we're letting go a player who openly wants to stay as well.

Has he signed a new deal since relegation? I guess if he is still on these alleged Premiership wages then he is far to expensive to be kept on however surely a reduced offer could have been made? I don't believe that any offer has been made to the guy. As ever there does seem to be a lot of hearsay around these matters...

Disappointed all the same.

Edited by RiG

7 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Tremarco might be close to the end of his career

It gives me no pleasure to be moved to agree with this.

It has been obvious to see that his inimitable and irrisistable athleticism has been diminished.

I've viewed this and admired how he has adapted and managed the march of time.

His sending off at Hampden put into sharp relief that his decision making had a flaw as deep as it was limiting and it's to his great credit that he made a change so swift and positive thereafter.

It's a sad time when stalwart players move on and if this wasn't the case, Roddie Davidson and Alan Stevenson would be dreading the prospect of yet another pre season.