"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Is this a serious suggestion or a potential whoosh?

It's far from a whoosh.

Well, sort of.

My information is that the Inverness common good fund is going to, in the form of a long term loan, provide the funds to clear the debt.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's far from a whoosh.

Well, sort of.

My information is that the Inverness common good fund is going to, in the form of a long term loan, provide the funds to clear the debt.

Well, that’s fair enough.

I read it more in the sense of fan ownership which would just be a disaster . 

How much debt are we in? Does anyone know?

ETA: Guess figure of £1.6 mill plus since that is what we are losing each year in the championship.

Edited by PB1994

We do need investment to maintain our current level

Otherwise known as ‘cheating’ ala Dundee in the First Division under Callum ‘Clum’ Melville then.

I find it hard to believe that Inverness could somehow rack up a second consecutive £800k loss in this division as Scott Gardiner claims in his ‘won’t someone please think of the Highland children’ sob story to the BBC. If that is the case though then it would put a significant qualifier on John Robertson’s work as a manager, because if he’s been working with well over half a million pounds more than any comparable club by revenue or attendance then you’d expect nothing less than a strong playoff and promotion challenge to show for it.

Gardiner’s whining media intervention this evening is a major red flag IMO.

By the way Savage has always been there, lurking in the shadows of Sutherland. Have there been signs of a Tulloch withdrawal ? I am far from keen on an Orion/McGregor family takeover but that may be an offer that we cant refuse. Could you imagine the financial return from two teams consolidated at the highest level ?

Well my "contacts" are saying that we are going to be jointly bankrolled by a certain McGregor family from over the bridge !! And that isn't from Peter Rabbit or Pig Nicholson.

Some would say you already are. All your best players, please.

On 26/09/2019 at 22:09, virginton said:

Otherwise known as ‘cheating’ ala Dundee in the First Division under Callum ‘Clum’ Melville then.

I find it hard to believe that Inverness could somehow rack up a second consecutive £800k loss in this division as Scott Gardiner claims in his ‘won’t someone please think of the Highland children’ sob story to the BBC. If that is the case though then it would put a significant qualifier on John Robertson’s work as a manager, because if he’s been working with well over half a million pounds more than any comparable club by revenue or attendance then you’d expect nothing less than a strong playoff and promotion challenge to show for it.

Gardiner’s whining media intervention this evening is a major red flag IMO.

The wages Inverness pay are way above what they can afford I suppose they have to pay good wages to get players up to Inverness .

They pay wages much the same as Dunfermline  but the difference is they get double the crowds you get 

As many people have pointed out, our large debts are from the Kenny Cameron era and they won’t disappear until we:

A - have some success on an ever-reducing budget, getting promoted to get some money in

Or

B - go part-time

If we don’t do either of these in next year or two then we’re pretty much confirmed as never seeing the Premiership again.

Seemingly when we went down in 2009, it took us five years to absorb the hit (or so a former chairman once told me).  Considering four of those five years were in the Premiership, you'd have to wonder how long it'll take for us to absorb the hit of 2017.

Edited by Highland Capital

I take no pleasure in the prospect of our neighbours going into administration.   We are all the Highlands and need as many clubs as possible to represent us.  Looking forward to the day we have Clach and Brora in the league along with Forres and Nairn, although suspect hell may be well and truly frozen by then!

Of course, if there is a fire sale, we will happily rehouse some of the better players....

From the Mailonline article.

'We have done all we can to steady the ship. We have no debt now, no soft loans any more, no bank debt and we own the stadium.

If that's true just set a sustainable budget and then there's only the money you lose this season to worry about - or am I missing something?

I’ve heard (from someone who knows a lot more than me, and knows a little bit about the situation) that we’re not facing administration at the moment and that’s a fair bit away yet. Apparently they are genuinely just begging for money though, no guarantees of anything or proof of a sustainable setup, no structure and no real forward planning. Given our last few ‘boards’ I wouldn’t be surprised if we piss any money away again given out apparent lack of financial nous.