"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

IMG_0052.thumb.jpg.0fcd58654ae4e4b6162053c58f48eb8e.jpg

Strong team in the NOS Cup tonight as we beat Clach 4-1. White scored a hatrick and I think Keatings also scored.

McCart also went off injured. Which does beg the question why are we playing one of our best players in this cup.

McCart also went off injured. Which does beg the question why are we playing one of our best players in this cup.

I’m going to guess Robbo had no intention of any of those first-teamers (Welsh aside) playing against Morton at the weekend. So he probably just stuck them in tonight. I hope McCart is okay as I’m not sure who we’d play at CB if McKay is still injured (or if he is fit either).

McCart came off with a bloody nose?????

He could have stuck a tampax up each nostril, his nose is big enough, and got back on the park.

Soft as shite!

Terry Butcher, now there's an hombre, he played on in a world cup game with the top half of his heed missing, a broken left leg and two broken arms and still got a soft semi when england scored.

Honestly what's the footballing world coming to these days?

Edited by SandyCromarty

Here we go folks - Episode 3 of the ICT podcast, "26 Dream Rings and 104 Freddos", is now available for your listening pleasure. It was uploaded overnight so it should be appearing in iTunes, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and all good podcast places now but the direct link to Podbean is below.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/26-dream-rings-and-104-freddos/

We recap the latest lot of games as well as looking ahead to the Challenge Cup and league fixtures in September / early October, fawn over recent performances of McCart and Rooney and consider what represents better value for £26 - a ticket to Tannadice or 26 dream rings from Harry Gows.

Enjoy!

8 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see the club have decided, costing us yet more money, to put away fans in the South Stand permanently due to some bed wetting Helen Lovejoy impressions from Main Standers.

Just reading that now. Absolutely ludicrous. If these ICT fans were that offended and the stewards won't do anything then let's relocate them instead of costing the club even more money by opening up the south stand.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Just reading that now. Absolutely ludicrous. If these ICT fans were that offended and the stewards won't do anything then let's relocate them instead of costing the club even more money by opening up the south stand.

Why not put the away fans in Main Stand wings or in that ill fated singing section on the A9 side?  I'm sure some of the fans were a bit rowdy but this is a massive overaction.  I honestly think even if all away fans we have in that section sat silently for ninety they'd still have a problem with it.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

Why not put the away fans in Main Stand wings or in that ill fated singing section on the A9 side?  I'm sure some of the fans were a bit rowdy but this is a massive overaction.  I honestly think even if all away fans we have in that section sat silently for ninety they'd still have a problem with it.

DJI_0052-1170x650.jpg

Move home fans into the I, C and T sections and lob away fans up in the top right corner of the stand. Bit harsh to leave them in the uncovered sections IMVHO but at least that keeps them away from the precious darlings in the home support.

Some of our fans are absolute morons.  I can't help but read a heck of a lot of snobbery in some of the posts deriding the away fans in the Main Stand.

I didn’t live a lot of my childhood near enough Inverness to go to more than a few home games a year. For this reason I only really went to away days and the North Stand when I went up, which made me think our fans were a pretty decent bunch. The first time I went into Main Stand I was shocked.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Our posho fans mainly just moan about players who aren’t on the pitch.

Ours moan more about those on the pitch.  The way some of them seem to have these hate campaigns against certain players is pathetic.

There's a section of the main stand I've sat in for a few games and I don't think I've ever heard anything positive being shouted.  Be it at our players, the manager, or the way we're playing at that particular moment.

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

DJI_0052-1170x650.jpg

Move home fans into the I, C and T sections and lob away fans up in the top right corner of the stand. Bit harsh to leave them in the uncovered sections IMVHO but at least that keeps them away from the precious darlings in the home support.

Top right is the hospitality seating section. 

Just leave it as it is and add in 3 or 4 more stewards who actually are trained properly and it should be fine. No Need for the South stand except for Dundee or Dundee Utd games. 

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Was it not Butcher who hated the Main Stand?  He did seem to much prefer the away support.

He would regularly turn round to the section I mention above and tell them to either 'fuck off' or 'shut up'.  Literally.