"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

According to the P & J we will receive a "six figure" fee as part of the deal. We might also get some additional cash from any add ons. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/3436925/caley-thistle-to-receive-six-figure-sum-as-part-of-ryan-christie-switch-from-celtic-to-bournemouth/

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I was referring to ex QoS Dykes who joined QPR from Livvy for £2Million. QoS aparently received a six figure sum for the deal, That's good business

It was a superb bit of business from us. However you quoted a Raith fan.

He also didn't "join QPR for £2m". Never believe numbers the press make up.

Great to see Billy play the full 90 mins and get 2 goals today. Great problem to have but do you go back to Sutherland and Duku for Partick or does Mckay start again?

Jamieson looked alright too, difficult to judge against highland league opposition, but I don’t see him having a chance of starting next week.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Great to see Billy play the full 90 mins and get 2 goals today. Great problem to have but do you go back to Sutherland and Duku for Partick or does Mckay start again?

Jamieson looked alright too, difficult to judge against highland league opposition, but I don’t see him having a chance of starting next week.

Billy's still at least a level above. And the better goal scorer for me.

35 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Absolutely, and he is the first name in the starting 11 for me but I can totally understand why we would go with Duku and Sutherland again next week.

32 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Doesn’t it feel much better having all these different options instead of Jordan White every week.

Plus the backup to White being Todorov.

He had a great few months at the end of last season but apart from that he was pretty shite. We are far better off now.

11 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I'd agree with you, now that Mackay has scored a couple in a game I'd give him another crack next saturday and with Sutherland alongside or just behind him, Shane is the full package with his style of bustling energetic play, and Tommy Walsh and Aaron on the wings giving us width.

Why hello there! Thinking about listening to a podcast were you? We've got just the ticket - a chat with all round loveable chap James Vincent! We cover the highs and lows of his career, looking back at some of the big games in his ICT career, turning down Hibs, spells at Dundee and Dunfermline, returning to the Highlands and finally his departure from ICT in the summer. Well worth a listen!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes.

Brilliant news to get these guys signed on longer deals.

I had feared that the closing of the transfer window would see Macgregor away but in the event, it's easy to think that another man moving has had a rather pleasing local benefit.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Brilliant news to get these guys signed on longer deals.

I had feared that the closing of the transfer window would see Macgregor away but in the event, it's easy to think that another man moving has had a rather pleasing local benefit.

To be fair, I think this is more the club securing a decent transfer fee for MacGregor.

Delighted he has signed a new deal but I think we will struggle to keep him next summer, even if we do go up.

Aye it'll be to stick a sell on clause in the contract.  We should be doing that with most of our squad if possible. Particularly if we continue to do well this season.  I'm glad Roddy has signed it as he knows when the club do sell him, which they will, they'll get some more money when he moves club again.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the AGM this year but the news I have to hand indicates that Scot Gardiner has done a rather splendid job in managing the direction of our club to a better place.

Amongst the hoi polloi there has been a regrettable and negative take on Scot's abilities.

Perhaps and given this good news there is an immediate chance for detractors to review what could be seen as their unsustainable positions.

On 23/09/2021 at 13:06, sophia said:

I missed the AGM this year but the news I have to hand indicates that Scot Gardiner has done a rather splendid job in managing the direction of our club to a better place.

Amongst the hoi polloi there has been a regrettable and negative take on Scot's abilities.

Perhaps and given this good news there is an immediate chance for detractors to review what could be seen as their unsustainable positions.

Couldn't agree more. He's done a tremendous job so far. He's never going to please everyone but when it comes to the business side of things he's doing a great job. He also gets the importance of 'place' in building a club. The ambition in getting Botocelli to Inverness is brave, bold and looking like a brilliant piece of business.

5 hours ago, Ott said:

Couldn't agree more. He's done a tremendous job so far. He's never going to please everyone but when it comes to the business side of things he's doing a great job. He also gets the importance of 'place' in building a club. The ambition in getting Botocelli to Inverness is brave, bold and looking like a brilliant piece of business.

Some would prefer if he introduced botulism, just to give them the opportunity to have a gratuitous girn.