"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I believe Celtic tried to buy out the clause and were told to get fucked.

Yeah they offered £250k or something to buy it out and we quite rightly rejected. It looks like a bad deal now but at that time he was flying and could easily have gone for big money.

Wasn't that long ago he was being talked up as a £20 million plus rated player. Quite staggering to see him potentially moving for around double what Celtic paid us.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I believe Celtic tried to buy out the clause and were told to get fucked.

Obviously it's speculation but the ammount Celtic allegedly offered us was higher than what we will get from a £1m fee.  No-one can predict how these things will go, it looked for a while like he'd be sold for a lot more £1m and we'd be getting criticised for taking a lower buy out.

According to Tam McManus on Twitter Hibs we’re trying to get rid of Scott Allan to St Mirren in a player plus cash deal but it fell through. I don’t know what the Premiership loan transfer window is like but is it maybe worth asking the question about getting him in again for the year?

He is clearly not in their plans and I know it was mainly down to McCann that we got him but if we could pull that off again I’d be delighted.

I will add I have no expectation of this happening.

6 hours ago, PB1994 said:

According to Tam McManus on Twitter Hibs we’re trying to get rid of Scott Allan to St Mirren in a player plus cash deal but it fell through. I don’t know what the Premiership loan transfer window is like but is it maybe worth asking the question about getting him in again for the year?

He is clearly not in their plans and I know it was mainly down to McCann that we got him but if we could pull that off again I’d be delighted.

I will add I have no expectation of this happening.

I may be talking shite but it think domestic loans are 11pm last night but international may be the end of September.

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I may be talking shite but it think domestic loans are 11pm last night but international may be the end of September.

Oh well, that will be that then. Not that it was a deal that was ever going to happen!

If we do get any money from the Christie move, and I'm still not convinced we actually will do, then hopefully it can be used to extend the contracts of some our promising young players like MacGregor, Deas and Gardyne.

7 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What was the rumoured fee when Daniel Mackay went to Hibs? 

I see by your May 2020 Filing that the sell on fee you received from Lyndon Dykes was good business as your Directors expected to record a profit for the financial year to May 2021.

Hopefully our accounts for May 2022 will show a profit with Christies move, somehow though I doubt it.

Edited by SandyCromarty

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I see by your May 2020 Filing that the sell on fee you received from Lyndon Dykes was good business as your Directors expected to record a profit for the financial year to May 2021.

Hopefully our accounts for May 2022 will show a profit with Christies move, somehow though I doubt it.

Christ almighty that's a canny bit of business by Raith rovers if true.

Scoring a sell on fee for another teams player? Why has no-one else tried this before? 

2 hours ago, micaley68 said:

Christ almighty that's a canny bit of business by Raith rovers if true.

Scoring a sell on fee for another teams player? Why has no-one else tried this before? 

I was referring to ex QoS Dykes who joined QPR from Livvy for £2Million. QoS aparently received a six figure sum for the deal, That's good business