"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

14 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Midge and Mckay will win you the league this year. 

I'm not sure about that, but we're clearly stronger up front than last season.  Need another CB IMO.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm not sure about that, but we're clearly stronger up front than last season.  Need another CB IMO.

One thing I'll say is Billy Dodds is superb at working with forwards and if you can get Mckay anywhere near the form he was in the season we went up you'll be in with a serious shout.

I'd imagine you'll have Duku and Mckay up front with Walsh and Midge wide?

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

One thing I'll say is Billy Dodds is superb at working with forwards and if you can get Mckay anywhere near the form he was in the season we went up you'll be in with a serious shout.

Yeah I'd say that'll be the front 4, possibly MacGregor in there too somewhere.

3 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Doran and MacDonald will probably be back ups to those two yeah.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Midge and Mckay will win you the league this year. 

Right. And then disappear next season.  Of all the myriad fails, and there have been myriad, getting rid of Gardyne and Mackay are pretty far down the list.  

For Gardyne, see Grant Munro. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Right. And then disappear next season.  Of all the myriad fails, and there have been myriad, getting rid of Gardyne and Mackay are pretty far down the list.  

For Gardyne, see Grant Munro. 

I would agree with Gardyne having one more playing season and he will be an asset for us, I've always admired his positive style but I don't think he will disappear, but instead have a permanent coaching staff position, or he could head back to you in the same role, surprised that he wasn't offered that at RC.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Moyo from Rangers en route on loan apparently.

Mayo? The guy who was on loan at Dunfermline last season?

Defender, so would make sense.

13 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Mayo? The guy who was on loan at Dunfermline last season?

Defender, so would make sense.

That's the one.  I'd like to see someone more experienced come into the back as well though.

Just now, Highland Capital said:

That's the one.  I'd like to see someone more experienced come into the back as well though.

Yeah, I agree. Could do with a really good experienced head for a season or two to help bring Deas on and talk him through games, the way Darren Dods did with Munro back in the day, and although Devine was better than expected last season, I don't think he's that player.

Good evening. Just to let you know that a new episode of The Wyness Shuffle will be available tomorrow morning featuring an interview with John Robertson :)

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Vigurs and Draper signing for Cove Rangers on 3 (three!) year deals.

That's an absolutely mad length of contract for Draper. I doubt he'll make it through two.