"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I think we might go for two up top, which would make him a starter every week I’d imagine.

I take on board what the Raith fans are saying but I’m not overly concerned. He’s not been brought in to be our main attacking option, that’s McKay, so if he chips in with 6 or 7 goals then great and if he is pish then he is gone at the end of the season.

Might do so, in a terribly frustrating manner. He’s really a poacher, rather than a target man or single forward. His first touch seems generally quite “off”, but he will generate a wee bit of panic in the box when crosses come in.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Might do so, in a terribly frustrating manner. He’s really a poacher, rather than a target man or single forward. His first touch seems generally quite “off”, but he will generate a wee bit of panic in the box when crosses come in.

We’ve had the last 4 years playing Todorov, White and Oakley up front so we know full well about terribly frustrating strikers!

I would have been worried about this signing if he was the one we are relying on to score but thankfully we are not.

7 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Todorov started the season extremely well. Scoring in the first three league matches then being dropped for Storey for some unknown reason.

I remember Robertson being very disappointed about the number of glaring misses he had in tight games. 

I was at the first of the two games we had last season with fans in and I thought Duku looked decent that day. I assume that was before he got Covid though. I’m quite optimistic about this signing - he’s the type of player who’s come good with us before.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Caley flashing the cash. 

Something like 8 players have left and 3 have come in. There’s bound to be budget for these guys.

Very strange having our squad almost complete and we are in the first week of pre-season training. I can see one or two more being brought in, centre back and a winger (who will be Gardyne), and that will be us. I’m very happy with the way the squad looks though if I was being picky I’d like another striker and a left back but it’s more for cover over something we actually need.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Another striker and a centre back for me.  Midfield is fine as is the wide players, if Gardyne does indeed sign.

Gardyne can play up front as well can’t he? I think he would probably end up being used as a striker if we were short but I would prefer to bring in another one.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Gardyne can play up front as well can’t he? I think he would probably end up being used as a striker if we were short but I would prefer to bring in another one.

i thought he was used primarily as a winger for County.  Although most wingers can play as a striker too.

Current squad then

Goalkepers - Mark Ridgers, Cameron Mackay

Defenders - Wallace Duffy, Danny Devine, David Carson, Cameron Harper, Robbie Deas

Midfielders - Sean Welsh, Aaron Doran, Anthony McDonald, Roddy MacGregor, Scott Allardice, Tom Walsh, Reece McAlear

Forwards - Shane Sutherland, Billy Mckay, Manny Duku

Young players on full time contracts but haven't really playe yet - Harry Nicolson, Ryan Fyffe, Lewis Hyde, Ethan Cairns, Robbie Thompson, Lewis Nicolson, Alisdair Riddle and Harry Hennem. 

Edited by ICTChris

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

i thought he was used primarily as a winger for County.  Although most wingers can play as a striker too.

Yeah, he was always used as a winger for County. I could see us using him as an option up front when needed rather than brining in a 4th striker.

Midge was usually a winger but could also play in the hole behind a front man/front two, but he's generally less effective there.

It's set up for a Highland derby in the cup now with Jordan White scoring for County, but Mckay and Midge score to put us out.