"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not ideal but clearly has had enough about him to be a prem/championship player over the years. Is he prone to a red card or am I imaging that?

Probably worth a 1 year deal for us but I think Fyvie and Yule would be the preferred central midfielder due. Vigurs and Scully would be good options to have for competition for places.

Would personally say Vigurs is a better player as Fyvie never quite hit what he could have been, but they're similar-ish in style of player, with Vigurs having a shitebag streak for picking up endless bookings.

15 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Vigurs never had legs. Still remember a Motherwell boy (Humphreys) running off him to score a winner and Vigurs just couldn't be arsed chasing him. He's got vision, can pass...but legs? No chance.

Yeah agree with this. His lamentable efforts at tracking back were on show a good few times for us like here against Falkirk:

One reason he used to get so many yellow cards was that often rather than track back he'd commit a tactical foul.

I just checked to see if he was as bad for bookings at County as he was with us - he got booked 19 times last season :lol: 

Disappointing but not surprising. If he has offers from the likes of Dundee or Livi in the Premiership he'd be daft not to give it a go.

Edited by RiG

From the outside looking in it feels like we have spent the summer concentrating for too much on non-footballing stuff. I’m sure they have been working towards next season but with pre-season starting today it would be nice to know who is actually going to be turning up. If the club have handled every contract expiry the way Miles Storey commented then I’m sure the players probably feel exactly the same.

Arbroath away on the opening day would have been fantastic in normal circumstances.

23 hours ago, RiG said:

Miles Storey seems to be away. He's posted on social media that he hasn't been offered a deal and indeed no one from the club seems to have reached out to him about what's happening. Poor show if that is the case.

Maybe not...

32 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, RiG said:
Weird, I thought Ayr were signing him.

I'd heard that as well tbf

I would be very surprised if he was going to Ayr TBH but their fans seem to think it's a done deal for seemingly no reason. Dundee and Livi have been rumoured destinations for him for some time now. Dunfermline seems to have been a very recent addition to the list. If Dundee and Livi are after him I would be surprised if he went to the Pars but you never know. I guess he could end up anywhere really so the only thing that is sure is that it won't be with ICT.

He may look like a "typical" lanky forward but he's not too great at holding the ball up though he has gotten better at this over the final few weeks of the season. One thing that has been quite surprising about him is how good his finishing has been. He has scored a good few stunners for us especially as the season drew to a close and he's probably a better finisher than he gets credit for.

Likes to buy a foul and go down easily which makes some Raith Rovers fans in particular lose their heads so it might almost be worth him rocking up at EEP just to see the cranium detachments if he did that again next season.

Edited by RiG

I'd be a wee bit disappointed to sign him. He'd be a direct replacement for Osman Sow and if we were in the Championship, he'd have been must buy material for me, but he's one of those players that I don't think is good enough for the top flight but a must in the Championship.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Thoughts on Todorov? Confirmed on a 2 year deal with us.

Good player.  He' a target man type but his control isn't great, but his finishing is pretty good.  Kind of like the opposite you'd expect from a target man.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be a wee bit disappointed to sign him. He'd be a direct replacement for Osman Sow and if we were in the Championship, he'd have been must buy material for me, but he's one of those players that I don't think is good enough for the top flight but a must in the Championship.

Would've been happy with Toddy had we stayed down, but now we're up we didn't need him eating up our Greg Stewart fund imo

Edited by RossBFaeDundee