"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Northstandrising Instagram had a story up yesterday saying that we are after Tim Chow!

I really hope not because, imho, we need younger players not Toss County or any other players rejects!!

gardyne- no but I do see it materialise

mckay - definitely not

draper- another no

Cochrane - I'd say yes t o him.

Didn't we have Tim Chow on trial a few years ago?  Vaguely remember seeing him against Clach.  Mckay would be a good signing in this league so would be pleased to see him back.  Gardyne I understand would be being signed as a result of Kellacher's absence so I assume it'd only be a one year deal at the longest.  He might be decent off the bench still in this league.  Even three or four years ago I'd have taken him in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Highland Capital

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

McKay would be a great signing, still only 32.  Gardyne I have my doubts over, mainly his age and one of his body parts.

McKay & Gardyne would be good signings for the Championship, Drapers broken, I'd be surprised if he played again tbh.

Tim Chow is an interesting suggestion, he was better than he got credit for at County, a disciplined central midfielder.

I'd take Mckay and Gardyne in a heartbeat. We need players who can perform for us now not some Celtic U17 that someone has seen on Football Manager. Unless they can do a job for us right away of course.

Agree though that Draper wouldn't offer much and I don't see any point in signing Chow. We have a number of central midfielders as it is. It's probably the strongest part of the team. Surprised Callum Morris hasn't been linked yet. With Mckay (Brad) away we probably need another CB unless Duffy starts to compete there and then we may need to look at a RB despite Carson doing a good job in that position.

Edited by RiG

5 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

McKay & Gardyne would be good signings for the Championship, Drapers broken, I'd be surprised if he played again tbh.

Tim Chow is an interesting suggestion, he was better than he got credit for at County, a disciplined central midfielder.

Draper is a strange one as he was fine when he signed for County fitness wise.  Did he have a bad injury there that fucked him?  With regards to Chow, did he not get sent off a lot?

Edit -I could see Draper to Brora with a job thrown in to the contract.

Edited by TheScarf

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'd take Mckay and Gardyne in a heartbeat. We need players who can perform for us now not some Celtic U17 that someone has seen on Football Manager. Unless they can do a job for us right away of course.

Agree though that Draper wouldn't offer much and I don't see any point in signing Chow. We have a number of central midfielders as it is. It's probably the strongest part of the team. Surprised Callum Morris hasn't been linked yet. With Mckay (Brad) away we probably need another CB unless Duffy starts to compete there and then we may need to look at a RB despite Carson doing a good job in that position.

I mind the County fans saying Morris was superb when they wont the league a couple of years ago. Just checked and he's 30 so he would be a good signing for someone in this division IMO.

I think we'll get a couple more new faces in by the weekend.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Draper is a strange one as he was fine when he signed for County fitness wise.  Did he have a bad injury there that fucked him?  With regards to Chow, did he not get sent off a lot?

Chow got a couple red cards but iirc, it was mainly due to trying to cover for others, who weren't tracking runners. He was generally pretty steady with recycling possession but that's not recognised by many fans and therefore he was never really a fans favorite.

Mckay still has plenty to offer, he'd be a great signing for ICT.  It'll depend on what wages he's looking for I'd imagine, although he's clearly happy to stay in the local area.  

Likewise for Gardyne, he's plenty to offer but I'd only offer him a year deal if I were you.

As much as our defence was a mess, I was a fan of Callum Morris.  He's very strong in the air and a leader on the park.  He's had a couple of injuries that kept him out for long spells last season, one was a hand injury then a hamstring pull.  Again like Mckay, if the budget was there, I think he'd be a great signing for ICT. 

Edited by frankthetank22

Wouldn't surprise me if it's something like a 1 year deal for Gardyne and then he could go on to be a coach at Ross County under Richard Brittain. 

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

Northstandrising Instagram had a story up yesterday saying that we are after Tim Chow!

I really hope not because, imho, we need younger players not Toss County or any other players rejects!!

gardyne- no but I do see it materialise

mckay - definitely not

draper- another no

Cochrane - I'd say yes t o him.

Wot.

I don’t particularly like Gardyne but as already mentioned I would take him in a heartbeat on a one year deal. Getting on a bit but he still seems to be more than good enough for the Championship.

Mckay would be an outstanding signing, I heard about a month ago this was a done deal so hopefully that one does come off.

I like the thought of Draper coming back but he does seem to be finished due to fitness issues. We already have Doran and Walsh signed up for a year in the treatment room with Welsh knocking on the door so I’ll pass on Draper.

As for chow I think he could be a decent signing. Never really seemed to standout for County but also never did much wrong. Dropping down a level could make all the difference, though I do agree we don’t really need another centre mid. I am just presuming he didn’t play in the Championship for County?

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t particularly like Gardyne but as already mentioned I would take him in a heartbeat on a one year deal. Getting on a bit but he still seems to be more than good enough for the Championship.

Mckay would be an outstanding signing, I heard about a month ago this was a done deal so hopefully that one does come off.

I like the thought of Draper coming back but he does seem to be finished due to fitness issues. We already have Doran and Walsh signed up for a year in the treatment room with Welsh knocking on the door so I’ll pass on Draper.

As for chow I think he could be a decent signing. Never really seemed to standout for County but also never did much wrong. Dropping down a level could make all the difference, though I do agree we don’t really need another centre mid. I am just presuming he didn’t play in the Championship for County?

Yeah I've heard this too, just a matter of time before he's unveiled. 

I thought Chow was rubbish (although he was unfavourably marketed as a replacement for Jackson Irvine)  Couldn't pass. Couldn't tackle. Could run about all day though. 

He might be okay at non-Premiership level.

Nice to see we are back to the days of taking Ross County's best players off them*.

*even though they have all been released by them first.

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

I thought Chow was rubbish (although he was unfavourably marketed as a replacement for Jackson Irvine)  Couldn't pass. Couldn't tackle. Could run about all day though. 

He might be okay at non-Premiership level.

Is Billy McKay any good?